What's new

India overtakes Canada in space competitiveness: report

really
i am surprised at u
japan is very advanced in space tech they call there astronaut "tyconaut"

It is "Taikonaut". From the Chinese "taikong" (space) and the Greek "-naut" (sailor).

Japan's space program hasn't actually sent anyone into space yet.

@Aramsogo

What does that article about some Indian kid faking about a NASA exam and certificate have any relevance to this thread?

Besides did you read the report yourselves to support your claim of equating NASA exam to ranking in space competitiveness

Canada has a space program? I thought we just made stuff like robotic arms for the Americans.

Canada doesn't have a space program in the traditional sense. The current model was to leech off the Americans. I vaguely remember reading about Canada trying to leech off of China as they are building their own space station.

To think that a country like Canada even stood a chance sure is amusing. India's growing power can only be measured against that of America's... but not for long..

It is "Taikonaut". From the Chinese "taikong" (space) and the Greek "-naut" (sailor).

Japan's space program hasn't actually sent anyone into space yet.

I'd only agree if you are talking about having their own infrastructure such as the America, China and Russia. Japan, like Canada, rely on others to get their own astronaut up into space. Last I heard, India tried unsuccessfully to launch a satellite due to some faulty German part.

To think that a country like Canada even stood a chance sure is amusing.

Which part of India are you from my friend.

If your profile name is your name , then you should understand this

lanjakodaka ni gudda lo inta siguguda leda ni deshani ni chupikcikodanki

I'd only agree if you are talking about having their own infrastructure such as the America, China and Russia. Japan, like Canada, rely on others to get their own astronaut up into space. Last I heard, India tried unsuccessfully to launch a satellite due to some faulty German part.

That's true, Japanese have been able to use the American and Russian space programs to get people into space. But their own space program hasn't done it yet.

Japan is technologically advanced, but they seem to prefer using their technology for commercial/consumer products... rather than large national projects like a space program.

If they put full effort (+money) into their space program, I'm sure they could achieve it quickly.

You heard wrong. Time to come out of your igloo ! Look up ISRO on the net

I think he is referring to a GSLV failure , which ISRO people blamed it on Russian part.

No. I bet he doesnt know anything about Indian space programme let alone GSLV. Cant blame him. Being close to north pole can make you numb !

That's true, Japanese have been able to use the American and Russian space programs to get people into space. But their own space program hasn't done it yet.

Japan is technologically advanced, but they seem to prefer using their technology for commercial/consumer products... rather than large national projects like a space program.

If they put full effort (+money) into their space program, I'm sure they could achieve it quickly.

I have no doubts that if Japan had the will they'll succeed. I think their reason for not doing so is because there is no (or little) profit at this time. Space programs (excluding the military) are good for that warm & fuzzy feeling but not much else. Unfortunately, space programs are expensive hence why the Americans are now relying on the private sector.

LOL...ur such a troll.

Is that so? India is on an ascending path by every indicator from economic to military, contrast to Canada, which is stuck; forever breastfeeding off America. Friend, India is set to become the most influential and powerful country before the end of the decade. Do not be surprised about articles like these because more will continue to surface. It really is no surprise that Canada is unable to keep up, but then, not a lot of countries can.

Back
Top Bottom