What's new

India opposes fresh sanctions against Iran

Philosopher1

BANNED
Reaction score

As US gathers support to impose fresh sanctions on Iran over its controversial nuclear programme, India on Saturday made clear its opposition to such a step, saying it would not solve the problem.

At the same time, India wants Iran to work with UN nuclear watchdog IAEA to convince the world that it is not seeking nuclear weapons as claimed by it.

"We are not sure sanctions are an answer. We don't think sanctions will solve the problem," sources said while articulating India's position on the moves by the US to garner support for fresh UN sanctions against Iran.

The US is currently holding talks with other permanent members of the UN Security Council for support on a resolution to impose fourth round of sanctions on Iran.

India opposes sanctions as it feels that these only impact common people.

Noting that Iran has been saying that it is not seeking nuclear weapons, the sources said many countries across the world, however, are not convinced by it.

"The best way to reassure the world is to work with IAEA," they said.

India has always maintained that the controversy over Iran's nuclear programme should be addressed within the forum of IAEA rather than the UNSC.

About the perception that IAEA has lately hardened its stance vis-a-vis Iran's nuclear programme, the sources said exasperation may be setting in as the UN atomic watchdog has been involved in the matter for long and got no assurance.

Brazil, Russia, China and India all oppose sanctions, as do most developing nations like Turkey. On top of that, even the largest proponents of sanctions, Germany and France, don't want sanctions that would hurt their economic relations with Iran.

when u.s will put pressure on upa govt,they will do anything
Well of course India will bow down and do what their masters say, but most nations have a backbone and some self respect.

Well of course India will bow down and do what their masters say, but most nations have a backbone and some self respect.

USA has never been our masters and they never will... We are the masters of ourself... That is what the world call as DEMOCRACY... may be u have not come across the word...

leave every thing

we oppose it just because we taste it india pakistani nation suffer because of this BS sanctions . brothers USA never taste it even russia UK france west never taste it they feel good all time to sanction on other just world sanc USA for 10 YEARS YOU SEE THEY WILL NEVER EVER USE WORD SANCTIONS.good job india

then there must be a fully established civilian nuclear deal between India and USA...:azn:

this nuclear deal will make india dependent on u.s,even it is costly.i don't know y manmohan singh risked his govt 4 that.but in any condition iran must be saved.don't loose iran completely 4 the sake of chameleon natured u.s :no:

this nuclear deal will make india dependent on u.s,even it is costly.i don't know y manmohan singh risked his govt 4 that.but in any condition iran must be saved.don't loose iran completely 4 the sake of chameleon natured u.s :no:

i don't think the UPA govt is giving more importance to the Nuclear deal wit US these days... but it opened many closed doors for India which i personally consider as one of the greatest achievements of the govt.
yup Iran have been our long time friend and the current statement will reassure our relations..

chameleon natured u.s

i actually like US in this regard they play their cards very carefully and cunningly that even the prey cannot imagine where they are going...:usflag:

Come on folks,
Wich country can say NO to USA?

Same thing happened before US strike against Iraq "Saddam Hussain"
Then no country helped Iraq or Iraqi people.

SAAB NE MILL KAT IRAQ KA TAMASHA DEKHA & SADDAM HUSSAIN KA

Some Indian says the following words:
USA has never been our masters and they never will... We are the masters of ourself...
Then I have a question if you Indians are master of yourself then why have Nu-Clear deal with USA?

USA has never been our masters and they never will... We are the masters of ourself... That is what the world call as DEMOCRACY... may be u have not come across the word...

Well i think India is becoming more independent now and looking out for its interests, but if tomorrow America can pressure India into accepting sanctions, then we will know who is the master of who.

there is a much difference between MASTERS and business FRIEND dude...:agree:
I don`t think that you Indians are selfmaster yet.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Totally Agreed!

Masters?? Dude, we Fked them hard in copenhagen.

And this time we are trying to save Irans @ss. AT least be supportive to that.

We are not a US-aid dependend economy to obey them on their terms.

Back
Top Bottom