What's new

'India not safe for Pakistanis' and the IPL controversy

Is there any player in IPL who can play like or batter then him!!!!!

1st ODI
Pak Vs Aus

Shahid Afridi

Runs 48.
Balls Faced 26
Fours 5
Six's 3
Min 32
SR 184.61

What a innings he played.

Guys, tournament becomes with top quality players....and IPL is without best and quality players of T20 game :pakistan:....So IPL is bougous :tdown:

Not a bad batting by Pakistan, batsmen played well...I guess

Salman Butt 72

Kamran Akmal† 34

Younis Khan 46

Mohammad Yousuf* 2

Umar Akmal 23

Shoaib Malik 28

Shahid Afridi 48

Mohammad Aamer 0

Naved-ul-Hasan not out 8

Saeed Ajmal 2

Mohammad Asif 0

Total 274

Is there any player in IPL who can play like or batter then him!!!!!

1st ODI
Pak Vs Aus

Shahid Afridi

Runs 48.
Balls Faced 26
Fours 5
Six's 3
Min 32
SR 184.61

What a innings he played.

Guys, tournament becomes with top quality players....and IPL is without best and quality players of T20 game :pakistan:....So IPL is bougous :tdown:

ha ha ha so all other players are not quality players?

Mr Mzubair, Large font size was disturbance to eyes.
----------------

I will certainly miss Pakistanis in IPL.

Mr Mzubair, Large font size was disturbance to eyes.
----------------

I will certainly miss Pakistanis in IPL.

no you won't miss them once IPL gets started.

btw, anyone got video link of the auction?

They banned Pakistani players for years just to keep ppl like Modi ad Co happy , interest of Pakistani players over Corporate profits?

PCB should have supported ICL ran by Kapil Dev, and his collegues , I always hated how , PCB was courting Indian board -

PCB should support, ICL and invest some cash it that league , as a investory , and give full 100% ok to any player to go play there and also talk of brining 2-3 teams into Pakistan , like USA/Canada do with NHL ...

I am firm supporter of ICL now - even though its rock bottom...

That would be ideal reposnse to the IPL thats why ppl formed ICL as its ran by ppl who love the game not money making rich tycons

Here is what PCB should do , launch a joint , partnership with ICL + PCL (Pakistan Cricket league) , 10 clubs from India , 4 franchises from Pakstan

50-50% partership , and go head to head with ICL ...

Pakistan should allow 100% approval to allow its players to compete in ICL-PCL leagues.

Instead of doing what ever IPL league owners want - etc

With due respect....

The support was not out of any love for BCCI.

It was to avoid the impending bankruptcy in PCB.

With due respect....

The support was not out of any love for BCCI.

It was to avoid the impending bankruptcy in PCB.

Well PCB has millions stashed in banks its a myth for bankruptcy ...
PCB only uses 4% of its stashed cash to run business affairs.

PCB was courting up BCCI , due to world cup , which turned out to be a big back stabbing move after Pakistan was left out of the cup

ICL had better cricket , and more entertainment

Any league where World Cup winner players don't plays is bogus ...

PCB banned senior players Razzaq/Imran Nazir even Yousif , for what IPL , just so that no Pakistani player would go play in ICL and hurt IPL they placed bans on talanted players. And I was like , what is PCB doing supporting IPL blindly just because its backed by same mafia from BCCI...

Now I hope that Butt (CEO) eyes are open , anyways I think Pakistani players should play in Australia / England - as normally there is real cricket i these countries and no Drama -there is sportsmanship in the leagues there -

I actually followed ICL few times Badshah's played and it was good entertainmet...

If no selection was allowed why even invited the players in frist place

It will be so much better if all of us look at IPL as a commercial venture. Like any strong buisness, the product is only a part of the success story, not the whole of it. The success or faulure of a commercial venture is not defined by who is participating, but is defined by whether it does well commercially or not. So its fairly simple... If it sells more this year than last 2 years, its a success. Else may be not

As far as champion team not playing, well I believe its the tournament that makes a team and not the other way round. I said it in another thread, and will repeat here

Haath Kangan ko aarsi kya..

Why are we fighting on what will happen. We will know in 4-5 months anyway. My take though is that unless the retailiation takes form of a terror attack by some non state actors ;) who also are getting offended by their country's cricketers getting snubbed, IPL 3 is going to be a much bigger hit than its predecessors..

Buddy ICL was closed due to pakistan. It was after 26/11. Most ICL players were pakistanis. ICL paid the price investing in pakistani players. Didn't they?

ICL was going down anyways. Pakistanis leaving and not getting paid just blew it off.

PAY THE PLAYERS!!!!!!!:tup:

IPL shortcut the game by excluding the Pakistani players. Fact is that minus the quality of players like Afridi we will always be asking what could have happened had they been there

IPL shortcut the game by excluding the Pakistani players. Fact is that minus the quality of players like Afridi we will always be asking what could have happened had they been there

yaar.. Bradman ke bad bhi cricket chali na... The game goes on...Its bigger than any star player or team.. Else Manchester United would have never recovered..Barring a terror strike, its going to be a huge hit..

IPL and Indian gov. ( which does mean not all Indians ) shown there true face. Even Indian newspapir and ex cricket players find some thing strange in this.

But i want to thank IPL since our player will be more hungry to do well.

Afridi was going to be the most valued player in IPl...His bidding started at 250K and it's hard to believe that availability was the only concern??

He was in Australia playing for Austrlia west...

:cheers: to india for ruining the game

I want to ask a genuine question, In defence.pk Chinese section there was a thread about china banning "Avatar" movie. In that tread every Pakistani friend was saying it is china to decide what it should ban who are others to say anything in their internal matter. Don't you apply same yard stick here?

The over hyped Afridi we have seen him in IPL season one biting dust.

If there was no 26/11 I will personally love to see Pakistani players playing in India but not all wishes comes true.

Government of India has nothing to do with it.

Moreover, IPL is a cocktail of Bollywood, Business, Glamous and Cricket. It's not about cricket it's about business for IPL franchisee.

It is really funny how everyone here is quick to criticize IPL management and team franchisees on this entire issue.

Has anyone tried to view the matter from the perspective of the IPL teams?

Shilpa Shetty, one of the investors in Rajasthan Royals, gave an excellent explanation. With Shiv Sena and others making open threats against the involvement of Pakistani players in IPL, the team franchisees took the best decision in their interests. How can these teams ensure the safety of the Pakistani players in India?

The only problem here was that the IPL management should have discussed the matter with the franchisees before requesting the visas of Pakistani players. Anyways, it seems that the decision by the franchisees was made just before the auction since Shiv Sena made those threats only two days before the auction was held.

To end, I think Pakistanis themselves don't realize the level of anguish some Indians have against anything related to Pakistan. The Shiv Sena threats could not have been taken lightly and the IPL took a wise decision. Unfortunately, the media in both countries is inflating the issue to get more and more viewers hooked on.

Think with an open mind once rather than stupidly believing anything which the media has to say.

Back
Top Bottom