India Not Developing Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPK

Reaction score
Country
India

NEW DELHI: The government said it was not developing an inter-continental ballistic missile (ICBM) that have the capability to strike targets about 7,500 km away.

However, it will conduct the first developmental flight test of its 5,000 km range Agni-V missile this December, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) chief Dr. V.K. Saraswat told reporters on the sidelines of the golden jubilee celebrations of Defence Institute of Physiology and Allied Sciences ( DIPAS), a premier DRDO lab, here. "We are not developing any ICBM. Our threat perception today is not requiring development of any ICBM," he said, replying to a query if DRDO was planning one.

"The first development flight of Agni-V will be in the month of December this year. Agni-V will take us to a level of 5,000-km plus class of missile systems which meets all our threat requirements," Saraswat, who is also the scientific adviser to the defence minister, said.

He, however, added that the country had the capability to develop longer range missiles.

"Whether it is a 5,000-km range missile or a 10,000-km range one, it requires the same technology. Only the magnitude of the rocket motor, the size of the rocket motor, or the diameter of the missile changes. But the science and technology remains the same," he said.

who knows!?? May be true may be not!!

I think this news is true...Gov. will not allow more then 5000km+ range of missiles.

Lets hope its not!

We don't need icbm in near future so the money should be spent on other areas possibly anti satellite weapons i think we need them

I think we should develop an ICBM. What we are afraid of ? I mean we already have civil nuclear agreement with most of the major players except Japan and Australia. The agreement with Japan will be finalised soon and who cares about Australia ? I mean i agree Australia is the largest producer but what we need is already available. We need Japan because of the tech not fuel.

And as far as permanent membership of UNSC is concerned i don't think we will get it. Both major players US and China has although said it that they support us but because of India's non-alligned view and complex relations with China i don't think these major powers really want us on this table.

We should develop a couple ICBM's simultaneously but keep it quite and then test all of them along-with ASAT together so that the backlash will be altogether.

I think we should develop an ICBM. What we are afraid of ? I mean we already have civil nuclear agreement with most of the major players except Japan and Australia. The agreement with Japan will be finalised soon and who cares about Australia ? I mean i agree Australia is the largest producer but what we need is already available. We need Japan because of the tech not fuel.

And as far as permanent membership of UNSC is concerned i don't think we will get it. Both major players US and China has although said it that they support us but because of India's non-alligned view and complex relations with China i don't think these major powers really want us on this table.

We should develop a couple ICBM's simultaneously but keep it quite and then test all of them along-with ASAT together so that the backlash will be altogether.

Great idea but only one question-where's the need of an 8000+ km range ICBM right now??I mean,our biggest enemy,PRC is right on top of us and we don't need an ICBM to hit them!!A 5500-6000 km range IRBM with 3+ ton payload capacity should be more than enough to counter China.GoI should use the fund elsewhere like developing the IMRH as our armed forces are lacking adequate number of medium lift helos.Don't you agree????

A 10000 km icbm with a 250kT bomb is a joke.Thus a good decision.:usflag:

NEW DELHI: The government said it was not developing an inter-continental ballistic missile (ICBM) that have the capability to strike targets about 7,500 km away.

Dont need one. We're not power mongers. India defence will protect it homeland.

Jai Hind!!

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

We don't need icbm in near future so the money should be spent on other areas possibly

:tup::cheers:

Agni-3 is an ICBM already. GoI is just trying to show that we do not want ICBM! The range of Agni-5 is also mentioned as 5000 km just 500 km short of official ICBM designation.

Great idea but only one question-where's the need of an 8000+ km range ICBM right now??
The more the nuclear weapons a country has more respect a country earns. Just imagine how everyone will treat us if we will also have ICBM's, long range cruise missiles. ASAT, BMD ? We don't need these weapons but to meet our ambitions to be a global power we should have them.

Great idea but only one question-where's the need of an 8000+ km range ICBM right now??I mean,our biggest enemy,PRC is right on top of us and we don't need an ICBM to hit them!!A 5500-6000 km range IRBM with 3+ ton payload capacity should be more than enough to counter China.GoI should use the fund elsewhere like developing the IMRH as our armed forces are lacking adequate number of medium lift helos.Don't you agree????

United States talks Shoulder to Shoulder only with 2 Countries in the World - Russia and China!

Both have 12,000 KM ICBMs capable of striking the Continental America.

If India wants the same respect and wants to be counted as a Serious Player in Security Politics, ICBM like the touted Surya's are needed within the next 5 Years!

India probably has the know how to create the 10000km missiles, its clever move since why would yo waste money and resources on longer range missiles when your enemies are already in range.

For 2nd strike from submarines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom