What's new

India needs more helicopters compared to West and China: HAL

thestringshredder

Reaction score
Country
India
India needs more helicopters compared to West and China: HAL

Indian_air_force_dhruv_helicopter_j4042_arp.jpg

BANGALORE: Defence major Hindustan Aeronautics Limited Chairman R K Tyagi today said India needs more helicopters compared to the West and China.

"India needs more helicopters compared to West and China as these wonder machines have proved their mettle in a variety of uses by Armed Forces in general, during natural calamities and internal security threats," Tyagi said.

He was addressing delegates of National Workshop on "Use of Helicopters for Airborne Law Enforcement (ALE)" organised by the Rotary Wing Society of India (Southern Region).

Pointing out that these machines ensure better governance but the country has far less copters compared to over 35,000 that are operational across the world, he said what is needed is a national helicopter policy, according to an HAL release.

Stressing on benefits of indigenisation and self-reliance, Tyagi said, "India is one of the six helicopter producing nations in the world. HAL Dhruv remains our pride."

Link - India needs more helicopters compared to West and China: HAL - The Economic Times

there are more than 6 chopper manufacturers:
USA,France,Russia,China,India,Turkey,Iran,Germany.

Pretty sure Italy and Britain are there too.

I don't think Turkey or Iran have their own chopper brands.

India needs more helicopters compared to West and China because we have a whole lot of assholes who want to only fly by choppers especially during election season! One woman politician even sent a chopper to Delhi to collect her shoes from Lucknow!

So, yes! We need more choppers than the rest of the world seeing the number of assholes we have!:devil:

India needs more helicopters compared to West and China because we have a whole lot of assholes who want to only fly by choppers especially during election season! One woman politician even sent a chopper to Delhi to collect her shoes from Lucknow!

So, yes! We need more choppers than the rest of the world seeing the number of assholes we have!:devil:

Comeon man,lets be realistic,our politicians hardly use choppers when compared to other nations,and it was Mayawati (if my memory serves me right) who flew her jet to get her shoes!

Pretty sure Italy and Britain are there too.

I don't think Turkey or Iran have their own chopper brands.

Iran claims to make their own choppers,there are several pics in this forums,Turkey has a JV with Augusta Westland and makes T-129 Attack helis.
Italy and Britain-yeah,but lot of individual countries fall under consortiums,like Eurocopter.

Last edited:
Comeon man,lets be realistic,our politicians hardly use choppers when compared to other nations,and it was Mayawati (if my memory serves me right) who flew her jet to get her shoes!

Was it her personal jet, or provided by the govt? Who paid for that ride?

If the money came out of her own pocket, I don't mind - a fool and her money are easily parted. But if taxpayers' money was spent on transporting Mayawti's shoes...

If the money came out of her own pocket, I don't mind - a fool and her money are easily parted. But if taxpayers' money was spent on transporting Mayawti's shoes...
Pretty sure it was neither her own jet nor the gvts but a chartered one that was likely paid for by the Indian taxpayer. But this is the same b!tch who had her personal security officer shine her shoes and spent public money having statues of herself built!!

Sooner this class of foolish politician dies off in India the better.....

I had read this article too. This was the same lady called Mayawati who had forgotten her favorite slippers (Not shoes) and had her plane sent to especially fetch them.
I am appalled at how the Indian citizens are quiet in this atrocious spending.

I had read this article too. This was the same lady called Mayawati who had forgotten her favorite slippers (Not shoes) and had her plane sent to especially fetch them.
I am appalled at how the Indian citizens are quiet in this atrocious spending.
What do you mean? There was huge outrage and the dumb c0w lost her office in the next elections.

Well. That is Indian democracy in action. your post is just another example of why Indians do not even like their own broken democracy.

Well. That is Indian democracy in action. your post is just another example of why Indians do not even like their own broken democracy.
Thats the good part of democracy you hate it,abuse it and still live in it happily, unlike non democracys where you cannot do that and live.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom