What's new

India needn't fear China's role in Lanka: Rajapaksa

Similarly if need be they should support Sri-Lankans in Sri Lanka

The history I know, we are doing this for decades. What we got in return?

Tomorrow the same hajrat will say

India needn't fear Pakistan's role in Lanka

Now what else are you looking for???

Keep Pakistan and China within their embassies in Lanka.

I guess I am quite clear.

GB

The history I know, we are doing this for decades. What we got in return?

Tomorrow the same hajrat will say

India needn't fear Pakistan's role in Lanka

Keep Pakistan and China within their embassies in Lanka.

I guess I am quite clear.

GB
But there comes the point. They were quite willing to keep China and Pak in their embassises. That's why, when they needed money they came to us FIRST with the port. We said no...so they really had no option but to go to china.

Look. This is what I think has happened:

a) Sri Lankan guy meets Indian (centre) guy and says look, I know you don't want to incorporate territories or anything and we want to kick the c**p out of them. Let's come to a permanent settlement and these are the things we wish to offer:
1) MOST IMPORTANT: A settlement for the Tamils that is agreeable to you and implemented with your blessings
2) A port in the place up for money that we can use to buy weapons and kick them with

b) Indian guys says no chance- we can't be SEEN financing the damn port with which you'll be kickng them with.

They take point 1 forward: The future of Tamils will be decided not in Sri Lanka but India. KK's approval is needed so they put together a team and KK + some non seperatist Tamils from SL+ Indian diplomatic staff+ SL diplomatic staff put together the terms of settlement- effectively we decide the future of that country. Rajapakse etc. agree and give excellent concessions at least on paper. Meanwhile chinese say they want the port and build a 'naval' base- we say no way go take a hike. Haggling and chinese finally agree to a 'refuelling' point to fill up the tanks.
d) operations start and a mysertious silence descends upon KK and gang, so does it on the Indian diplomatic establishment (of course some appropriate grumbling is made). The SL boys while kicking the c**p out of the LTTE aren't going TOO wayward or revengeful coz India is keeping a close watch and will muscle in if anything goes off track. Rajapakse tries his best to keep his terms- by most standards the SL operation doesn't seem to have been as violent as it could have been
c) Operation ends. General (Fonseka) starts felling 'oh I'm such a big deal I kicked the LTTE out n all' and decides to put in barracks in the cleared areas. This goes against settlements with India and hence is a litmus test for Rajapakse- can he deliver on what he promised on paper? He promptly stands up to Fonseka, fires him from his job and then after elections puts him under arrest indicating that the settlements will remain.

d) India, trying to make sure that the chinese stick only to refuelling asks for a diplomatic mission and SL agrees

We get our influence in the constitution, body politic and fabric of SL society for the next 100 Years. What difference does it make if the chinese have the option of filling up their tanks once in a while? Every single election in SL will have tamils voting, that's our real security. We changed and directed their constitution that's OUR achievement and no 'naval base' can ever match that. In all this, I still don't understand what Pak is supposed to get? Why were they there to start with?

dengxiayong080411g17.jpg

Pakistan-PM-Rajapaksa-in-Tripoli.jpg

Sri Lanka’s Relations with China & Pakistan are ALL WEATHER

Being friendly with India doesn't mean you have to grovel.
It means..
a) Being sensitive to our paramount security interests
b) Making sure that any implication on Indian interests remains positive and in our favor
These are not big things to ask. We aren't interested in undermining your security or peace either.
As for the rest, even if someone swats a fly in the president's office....

dengxiayong080411g17.jpg

Then ask Pakistan and China to invest in your country, dont spoil our money.
What will you have, you have already given a port to them, stay tuned to the day when you become a silent watcher of Indo Chian war( if ever happens) to see your citizen die because of a third country..

Do you have brain???...

dengxiayong080411g17.jpg

Can't post anything more than two handshakes? :taz: All countrries are now 'all weather' friends of each other whether they get helps or not, doesn't matters.

Their own govt and people thinks in a way and some people others way.

Whats reality we can see from the mouth of your PM. :pop:

BTW according to you logic other all weather friends.....

onion_news1456article.jpg

ObamaHu-Reuters.jpg

02nlook.jpg

M_Id_92753_putin-obama.jpg

Indians change the big brother attitude south asia doesnt belong to u nor are the small countries any less then any other country , nor ur USA or policeman of this region.....

Who created LTTE n other proxies are well documented... if Sri Lanka does anything its none of ur problem n makin stupid remarks wont help.... n yeah we are thankful to srilanka for supporting us on many situations.

Indians change the big brother attitude south asia doesnt belong to u nor are the small countries any less then any other country , nor ur USA or policeman of this region.....

Who created LTTE n other proxies are well documented... if Sri Lanka does anything its none of ur problem n makin stupid remarks wont help.... n yeah we are thankful to srilanka for supporting us on many situations.
Sorry dude, a big country with a billion+ population cannot hold it's security or diplomatic interests hostage to a small country with a few tens of millions in population. If the small country is deft enough to balance everybody's interests, it does well and remains independent. Else, the big country will try to weigh in coz it has much more at stake. So small countries can rarely 'do as they please'. They've gotta look sharp.

I have always maintained that India and Sri Lanka are not just friends. We are like relations and our relationship today is at the highest level. We look up to India and India too, I feel, has a duty to look after us — maybe not in a Big Brother sort of way, but perhaps like its little sister!

- Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa ,May 30, 2010, IST

:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom