What's new

India had the most bomb blasts in the world in 2016, says report

haviZsultan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
India witnessed the maximum bombings in the world last year, even more than war-torn Iraq and Afghanistan, according to a report.

There were 406 such incidents, which include IED and ordnance explosive blasts, in the country. Iraq came second with almost half the number at 221, the report by the National Bomb Data Centre (NBDC) said though it did not mention the casualties.

NBDC functions as the nodal post-blasts investigation department under country’s federal contingency force NSG. The report did sound a word of caution on the global data saying the centre obtained these figures from “open source”.

Neighbouring Pakistan witnessed a total of 161 incidents during 2016 followed by Afghanistan where 132 bombings were recorded, 92 in Turkey, 71 in Thailand, 63 in South Africa, 56 in Syria, Egypt 42 and 29 in Bangladesh among others.

“This does not reflect the exact number and details of the incident,” the National Security Guard’s NBDC said in its annual compilation of such incidents called ‘Bombshell’.

Out of the total 406 incidents reported during this period in India, 337 were triggered using Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) while the rest 69 occurred using ordnance explosives like grenades or ammunition shells.

The report delved deeper and analysed that the maximum of IED blasts in a week in India, at 63, occurred on Thursdays, followed by 50 on Wednesdays and so on.

March proved to be most deadliest in India with a maximum of 42 incidents being recorded in this month in 2016 followed by 36 in April.

“The data... has been obtained from police records available from time to time. This does not reflect the exact number and details of the incident,” the report added .

The NBDC report, published last week, also reported that Jammu and Kashmir saw an over 121% rise in blast and IED related incidents after the killing of militant Burhan Wani in the Valley in July last year.

While 14 IED bombing incidents were reported in J&K in 2015, the numbers went up to 31 last year.

“Jammu and Kashmir saw an increase in blast incidents and casualties particularly after the death of Burhan Wani,” the report said.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...says-report/story-mNNt9sT9qgyWk6sOdJL35M.html

5 threads running on same topic...
Then please merge, @Oscar @Zaki @waz

If this news piece is true by the way then India is hiding its war on terror casualties to prevent impact on its economy/local feeling of security among its citizens. Its clear that where there are bomb blasts/IED attacks, there are also casualties. But throughout the year 2016 not only did I not hear news about deaths from IED's but IED's/bomb blasts themselves but also these IED or bomb blasts themselves. I only militant heard of (or freedom fighter to some) attacks in Kashmir. So what is going on in India?

Indian members is this news fake or are casualties purposely being hidden. Which is the truth?

No one responded:

Let me call some Indians:

@RISING SUN @takeiteasy @Guynextdoor2 @ranjeet @danger007

Fatality is very low though..Even almost lowest in the region..

If this news piece is true by the way then India is hiding its war on terror casualties to prevent impact on its economy/local feeling of security among its citizens. Its clear that where there are bomb blasts/IED attacks, there are also casualties. But throughout the year 2016 not only did I not hear news about deaths from IED's but IED's/bomb blasts themselves but also these IED or bomb blasts themselves. I only militant heard of (or freedom fighter to some) attacks in Kashmir. So what is going on in India?

Indian members is this news fake or are casualties purposely being hidden. Which is the truth?

No one responded:

shows India's stand on Pak sponsored terrorism is valid. Surgical strikes were timely and justified therefore.

Same report also states that while India saw a 112 bomb blasts fatalities, Pakistan saw 502 bomb blasts fatalities and Iraq over 2400.

http://www.satp.org/satporgtp/countries/pakistan/database/bombblast2016.htm
If it is true and I am more inclined to believe the south asia terrorism portal as it is more credible then India has suffered fewer attacks. But if this article in hindustan times is true then casualties are purposely being hidden, because in IED/bomb attacks there are definately casualties. Infact for the Americans and ISAF forces the biggest source of casualties were IED's.

The article states strongly though that :

"There were 406 such incidents, which include IED and ordnance explosive blasts, in the country. Iraq came second with almost half the number at 221, the report by the National Bomb Data Centre (NBDC) said though it did not mention the casualties.

Neighbouring Pakistan witnessed a total of 161 incidents during 2016 followed by Afghanistan where 132 bombings were recorded, 92 in Turkey, 71 in Thailand, 63 in South Africa, 56 in Syria, Egypt 42 and 29 in Bangladesh among others."

Does anyone know the source from where this new assessment was made?

No one responded:

To inform you more, mejority of bombings were done in naval infested areas which doesn't fall under terrorism but nonetheless is a security threat. Rest you can discuss about United Province oppressed people's struggle of which I am also a native. P!)

shows India's stand on Pak sponsored terrorism is valid. Surgical strikes were timely and justified therefore.
WE blame India for a lot of what goes on and me and my relatives have themselves seen what an enemy RAW is for all muslims whether in Lucknow or Pakistan. As I said India only blames and does not accept responsibility. It does not appreciate that Pakistan, despite severe backlash is going after right wing terrorist groups while RSS sits in the lap of the current BJP government. It is something about Pakistan that should be appreciated but India shifts blame with this pak sponsored terrorism nonsense and refuses to own up to its own mistakes, like oppression in Kashmir.

If it is true and I am more inclined to believe the south asia terrorism portal as it is more credible then India has suffered fewer attacks. But if this article in hindustan times is true then casualties are purposely being hidden, because in IED/bomb attacks there are definately casualties. Infact for the Americans and ISAF forces the biggest source of casualties were IED's.

"There were 406 such incidents, which include IED and ordnance explosive blasts, in the country. Iraq came second with almost half the number at 221, the report by the National Bomb Data Centre (NBDC) said though it did not mention the casualties.

Neighbouring Pakistan witnessed a total of 161 incidents during 2016 followed by Afghanistan where 132 bombings were recorded, 92 in Turkey, 71 in Thailand, 63 in South Africa, 56 in Syria, Egypt 42 and 29 in Bangladesh among others."

The problem of non acknowledgement of causalities is primarily from Pak not India. In the surgical strikes we estimated about 40 killed conservatively. Obviously you have deflated those numbers.

WE blame India for a lot of what goes on and me and my relatives have themselves seen what an enemy RAW is for all muslims whether in Lucknow or Pakistan. As I said India only blames and does not accept responsibility. It does not appreciate that Pakistan, despite severe backlash is going after right wing terrorist groups while RSS sits in the lap of the current BJP government. It is something about Pakistan that should be appreciated but India shifts blame with this pak sponsored terrorism nonsense and refuses to own up to its own mistakes, like oppression in Kashmir.

RSS is not an international terrorist org like Hafiz Saeed. You worry about your country before taking theka for all muslims around the world. Last time I checked radical Islamic terrorists within Pak had started attacking your own people in large numbers.

The problem of non acknowledgement of causalities is primarily from Pak not India. In the surgical strikes we estimated about 40 killed conservatively. Obviously you have deflated those numbers.

RSS is not an international terrorist org like Hafiz Saeed. You worry about your country before taking theka for all muslims around the world. Last time I checked radical Islamic terrorists within Pak had started attacking your own people in large numbers.
We don't even accept surgical strikes occured, how can we deflate numbers? The losses were mostly cross border fire and in wars both sides have completely different figures for casualties. India should get off its high horse and abandon this feeling of superiority.

If RSS is not terrorist then who killed Gandhi? This is a non argument that hindus can't be terrorists. Sadhvi Pragya and Purohit exist and Jama Masjid blast was also Hindutva sponsored.

Do you know that Maoists don't have sophisticated bomb making techniques resulting in lower grade crude bombs majorly. Also do you know that average fatality is less than two per bombings in india. Even with all their might Indian Naxalites were able to kill ten Indian paramilitary person with 22 serial bombings while Indian paramilitary forces were present in the den of Indian Naxalites.

We don't even accept surgical strikes occured, how can we deflate numbers? The losses were mostly cross border fire and in wars both sides have completely different figures for casualties. India should get off its high horse and abandon this feeling of superiority.

If RSS is not terrorist then who killed Gandhi? This is a non argument that hindus can't be terrorists. Sadhvi Pragya and Purohit exist and Jama Masjid blast was also Hindutva sponsored.
You didn't accept the same in 1971s, 1999s, 2001s and 2008s attacks as well. Do we really care whether you accept or not as that is none of our concerns. After all terrorists are expandable and non state actors in some people definition. @Joe Shearer @hellfire Some people never change.

What RSS does is purely internal to India. You should just mind your own business.

What RSS does is purely internal to India. You should just mind your own business.
My relatives are still in Lucknow and I have stayed there, which is occupied by you and the rise of RSS type groups poses a threat to us directly. I will continue to express my views on RSS, thank you.

Do you know that Maoists don't have sophisticated bomb making techniques resulting in lower grade crude bombs majorly. Also do you know that average fatality is less than two per bombings in india. Even with all their might Indian Naxalites were able to kill ten Indian paramilitary person with 22 serial bombings while Indian paramilitary forces were present in the den of Indian Naxalites.

You didn't accept the same in 1971s, 1999s, 2001s and 2008s attacks as well. Do we really care whether you accept or not as that is none of our concerns. After all terrorists are expandable and non state actors in some people definition. @Joe Shearer @hellfire Some people never change.
If Pakistan changed statistics on its casualties in war India has done it far more and in full capacity. India also gave inflated figures of Pakistani casualties in wars and decreased figures of your own casualties in such wars.

My relatives are still in Lucknow and I have stayed there, which is occupied by you and the rise of RSS type groups poses a threat to us directly. I will continue to express my views on RSS, thank you.

If Pakistan changed statistics on its casualties in war India has done it far more and in full capacity. India also gave inflated figures of Pakistani casualties in wars and decreased figures of your own casualties in such wars.

Talk about RSS after you decide to stay in Lucknow. Till then you are an outsider.

Back
Top Bottom