What's new

India excludes Huawei and ZTE from 5G trials

Ryuzaki

Reaction score
Country
India
India has excluded Huawei and ZTE from participating in trials to speed up 5G technology in the country amid security concerns surrounding the Chinese telecoms equipment providers.

Local media reported Friday that the Department of Telecommunications has asked Samsung, Cisco, Ericsson and Nokia to be project partners for the trials.

"We have excluded Huawei from these trials," the Economic Times, an Indian business daily, quoted telecom secretary Aruna Sundararajan as saying.

The paper reported that the department also did not reach out to ZTE.

India's government is planning to showcase India-specific 5G use cases by early 2019.

On the same day, SK Telecom, Korea's No. 1 mobile operator, said it has selected Samsung, Ericsson and Nokia as its preferred bidders for 5G equipment over Huawei.

All this comes after the United States and Australia acted against the Chinese companies due to cyber-espionage concerns.

Last month, the Australian government decided to ban the two from its 5G roll-outs. Before that, all U.S. government agencies had been barred from buying any technology from them.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/tech/2018/09/133_255611.html

This is expected............So the Indian call center needs 5G? lol

Good Move.

No we don't, that is why we have excluded you.

The good news is that you have your iron brother to sell 5 G too, that too at the prices you want and for the terms you desire.
That is not a good move. Becos those partner will take India for a riding and charge exorbitant prices for no reason. Just like how India military procurement that always burn a hole in indian pockets. You get expensive price but not expensive stuff. :enjoy:

That is not a good move. Becos those partner will take India for a riding and charge exorbitant prices for no reason. Just like how India military procurement that always burn a hole in indian pockets. You get expensive price but not expensive stuff. :enjoy:

That is a possibility, but its the private operators who are going for 5G and I am pretty sure they will negotiate the best price with or without china.

But good thing you have your iron brother as a huge market for the future. YOu really don't need India.

That is a possibility, but its the private operators who are going for 5G and I am pretty sure they will negotiate the best price with or without china.

But good thing you have your iron brother as a huge market for the future. YOu really don't need India.
Negotiate the best price? Isnt't the same say from military procurement? When others know you do not have much option, there is no option. Dont kid yourself.

Negotiate the best price? Isnt't the same say from military procurement? When others know you do not have much option, there is no option. Dont kid yourself.

They way I see it, Multiple top companies will be fighting to get a share of the worlds BIGGEST 5G Market and become the biggest player in the world. :lol:

1. Samsung

2. Intel

3. Nokia

4. Ericsson

5. Qualcomm

6. Broadcom

7. Cisco

Pretty sure they will be jumping over each other to under cut their competition and offering us the best deal.

But I do not know why you are worried, you have pakistan. Don't kid yourself.

Until and unless it's cheaper then Jio... No one is going to buy it...
So we need not worry about price...
Mangha hua to Jio kafi h

They can use the Chinese handsets and Chinese laptops too .... time to get rid of them too...
You mean they will be conducting Espionage in pakistan ? They are banned in India now. :(

They way I see it, Multiple top companies will be fighting to get a share of the worlds BIGGEST 5G Market and become the biggest player in the world. :lol:

1. Samsung

2. Intel

3. Nokia

4. Ericsson

5. Qualcomm

6. Broadcom

7. Cisco

Pretty sure they will be jumping over each other to under cut their competition and offering us the best deal.

But I do not know why you are worried, you have pakistan. Don't kid yourself.
comment typed on a laptop/smart phone/tablet that was made in china.

let that sink in proud indian :lol:

comment typed on a laptop/smart phone/tablet that was made in china.

let that sink in proud indian :lol:

Wrong... Smart phones are now MADE IN INDIA ... not so proud pakistani :D

Dell Laptops are made in India in Chennai.

I am pretty sure in time most of them will be made in India like the smart phones.

Meanwhile you have 'good looking Imran khan'. Lucky you. :agree:

Wrong... Smart phones are now MADE IN INDIA ... not so proud pakistani :D

Dell Laptops are made in India in Chennai.

I am pretty sure in time most of them will be made in India like the smart phones.

Meanwhile you have 'good looking Imran khan'. Lucky you. :agree:
smart phones have been made in pakistan for years including laptops and sold all around the world.

the phone/smartphone you typed your comment on 'proud bharati' was made in China and thats the ultimate ironiy and slap on your indian face:lol:

and yes some countries have good looking PM's and some have chai walas. i know who i prefer

Back
Top Bottom