What's new

India chooses Russian helicopters for VVIPs

President, Vice President, PM, Defense minister etc.

Its for regular use but in event of war entire cabinet will be flown out of Delhi to secrete location in Air force One but to reach the plane u need helicopters.
U took it seriously buddy,,,,,,,
I meant,,,whos that worthy person ,,for whom we r spending so much of money,,,other than Abdul Kalam ,,any1 ??

I thought HAL was more than capable now atleast in the heli's department ! Why not go for desi maal ? :crazy:

No Indian helo has the lift capability of a Mi17 V5 currently... a VVIP helo needs some room for extra accommodations

U took it seriously buddy,,,,,,,
I meant,,,whos that worthy person ,,for whom we r spending so much of money,,,other than Abdul Kalam ,,any1 ??
Come on man, don't me a moron. You don't have to like them but you have to give these people some respect, they are YOUR govt after all, they have been elected in a democracy. Even if you don't like the person you have to respect their position is PM, Pres, DM, FM etc.

Come on man, don't me a moron. You don't have to like them but you have to give these people some respect, they are YOUR govt after all, they have been elected in a democracy. Even if you don't like the person you have to respect their position is PM, Pres, DM, FM etc.

Yes, that' the way.

manmohan singh kaun sa chacha lagta hai. They forget its the post they occupy deserve respect and their safety and security is of utmost importance otherwise who will run the nation?? Or anyone (foreign power) can harm a good leader?

They forget that in future Modi will use them :P

I have a question, during election period, shouldn't all candidiates regardless of their posistion in the just resolved cabinet or the care-taker government, use their PARTY ASSETS to rally for votes? Is use of government assets, in this case the VVIP helicopters, allow? Because rally for vote is not a government function and can be considered mis-used of government assets.

After a cabinet is resolved, all elected government officials, inluding the PM automatically lost their VVIP positions, what is functioning during the election time to the next elected government is care-taker government the member of which may use the VVIP helicopter during election time but provided the flights are used for normal government functions, not for rallying for votes.

It is however, perfectly ligitimate when there is no election, and the VVIP helicopters are not used for private leisures.

Yes, that' the way.

manmohan singh kaun sa chacha lagta hai. They forget its the post they occupy deserve respect and their safety and security is of utmost importance otherwise who will run the nation?? Or anyone (foreign power) can harm a good leader?

They forget that in future Modi will use them :P

Oh good, so you finally agree that Modi's going sweep the next elections <3

On topic: Are these really suitable for VVIP operations?

I bet the AW-101s were a heck of a lot better. Also the S-92s from Tata.

Oh good, so you finally agree that Modi's going sweep the next elections <3

On topic: Are these really suitable for VVIP operations?

I bet the AW-101s were a heck of a lot better. Also the S-92s from Tata.

The -V5s are NOT suitable for Head of State transport, they use a single-channel hydraulics-control system under which the hydraulic actuators of all four control circuits are mounted in a single hydraulic package on the main gearbox, along with other parts of hydraulic system. In all Western twin-engined helicopters, however, such an arrangement is viewed as unacceptable from a flight safety point-of-view , and they therefore use a dual-channel hydraulics-control system- as doe all HAL designed twin-engined helos. Not to mention the AW-101 has 3 engines.

The AW-101 really was the best machine for the job- it's such a shame.

Hopefully the S-92 will be picked up quickly and orders will be placed through the FMS route.

I can be a Moron,,(chk my ID),But,,,when i stated about the value of ministers ,i acted sanely ,,,,Our views clash,,simple as that,,,
Abdul Kalam deserved the Respect & was given,,,rest if u expect pappu,,sonia & party should be respected,,then sorry bro,,,:-)

Back
Top Bottom