India: Bangalore hotel excludes non-Japanese

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Strange !!

This is what its website says :

"It is a Japanese-only hotel in Bangalore. Good access located in the heart of Bangalore.
I offer a comfortable dining and accommodation from Japanese glance."

BBC News - India: Bangalore hotel excludes non-Japanese

_75817785_nfe_japan.jpg

A hotel offering a taste of Japan in Bangalore is discouraging all customers who are not Japanese, it's reported.

The Uno-In Hotel advertises as a "home away from home" for its mainly business clients. When a group of reporters from a local newspaper tried to dine in the hotel's rooftop restaurant, they were told Indians were not allowed, the Bangalore Mirror reports.

"This is a dedicated place for Japanese people alone," they were told by Nic U Iqbal, managing director of Nippon Infrastructure which runs the hotel. "It is really hard to maintain the quality system," he added, in comments that were recorded by the Mirror. To find out if the hotel was "fair-handed" in its discrimination, the paper sent in two other potential customers, a British and an African man, who were both turned away.

The hotel's website clearly states that it is "exclusively for Japanese". But it's unclear if the policy is legal. An official from Bangalore's trade licensing authority, the BBMP (Bangalore Mahanagara Palike) told the Mirror: "We issue licences, check if the health, safety and cleanliness standards are being maintained. Nothing beyond it."

Bangalore is home to around 200 Japanese companies, and 12,000 Japanese visit the city every year on business, according to The Times of India.

Once news spreads, It will get shutdown so hard.

wasnt there something similar to this (coffee shop? for non Indian passport holders or something..dont remember) at some airport that got shutdown?

Pakistanis being differentiated in pakistan is one thing. Having a japanese specific restaurant where everybody else is not allowed is another thing.There is a difference.
I am talking about the proud Indians backing the owner on the thread not about the restaurant in the thread....

Plus that was a "French owned" French restaurant serving non halal food and not a Pakistani one...Learn to do some research before jumping the embarrassment suicide!

Philippe Lafforgue, the French owner of the restaurant... plus he wanted to serve only "foreigners" ...

That's a different issue
of course it is always different when it comes to India...the incomparable! too many problems on your side and anything remotely as close to you guys ...

Anyway my bad for trying to show Indians karma is a bitch! You cheer for something meaning you asked for it!

I am talking about the proud Indians backing the owner on the thread not about the restaurant in the thread....

Plus that was a "French owned" French restaurant serving non halal food and not a Pakistani one...Learn to do some research before jumping the embarrassment suicide!

Philippe Lafforgue, the French owner of the restaurant... plus he wanted to serve only "foreigners" ...
Oops sorry. My mistake. Didnot go through the post fully. Deleting.

To find out if the hotel was "fair-handed" in its discrimination, the paper sent in two other potential customers, a British and an African man, who were both turned away.

If a person does not like foreigners, then perhaps it is not a good idea to live in a foreign country, where everyone is a foreigner.

Japanese people are cultural extremists. The owners of the hotel are trying to economically exploit it.

Once news spreads, It will get shutdown so hard.

wasnt there something similar to this (coffee shop? for non Indian passport holders or something..dont remember) at some airport that got shutdown?

It was an icecream shop Haggen Daz whic said only international passport holders allowed

I hope you are able to understand the difference in that only Pakistani's were excluded while everyone else was welcome and in this case, the owner is excluding all but Japanese.

The difference is quite stark yet subtle, and if you fail to see that (which I dont doubt), then there is no point in explaining it to you.

On topic: Its illegal and it will be shut down or the policy will be changed.

I hope you are able to understand the difference in that only Pakistani's were excluded while everyone else was welcome and in this case, the owner is excluding all but Japanese.

The difference is quite stark yet subtle, and if you fail to see that (which I dont doubt), then there is no point in explaining it to you.

On topic: Its illegal and it will be shut down or the policy will be changed.
The similarity to which you turned a blind eye to is equally stark yet subtle that a foreigner opening a restaurant in another country and not allowing the locals ... I equally dont doubt that you failed to see that :woot:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom