What's new

India backs palestinian bid for UN membership

This is Inneed a Good News.:yahoo:

India always stood with the weak.

Palestinian should not worry about the funds.... when country like pakistan can get billion of $ in aid from US why can palestine can get and that too its an Arab country (think about Arab donation).

Its good path once declared Soverign country Isreal will have to think twice before sending tanks to Gaza.

Palestine will be eligible for Bank loans etc.....

Come on Palestine we are with you.

UAVs that help pinpoint the terrorists holed up in the mountains and the hi-res sat pictures from their spy satellites @ real time.

Ofcourse we would not have been defeated. NO way these funny jihadi rabbits are going to defeat us. But just that it would have taken more resources, more time and ofcourse more men to achieve that.

And of course hearsay is that India is well prepared against the F-16s from our neighbour after extensive preparations with the Israeli Sufas. ;)

Weren't retrofitted MIG-29s used for aerial recon missions in Kargil? I don't assume "critical tech" of any kind was transferred to India during that time.This is the same technical defence that Israel feeds the United States,the one of "We supply critical intelligence to you guys so we can't fight with you by sending troops instead"

I ain't anti-Israel or anything but it would do us all good to recall India has it's own foreign policy and losing the entire Arab world pales in comparison to just p*ssing Israel off.

People still stuck on antiquated NAM,Nasser-Nehru romance etc.

Wake up people.

I cant understand what we gain out if this Palestine-philia except a ride on the moral high horse...:hitwall:

Wake up people.

I cant understand what we gain out if this Palestine-philia except a ride on the moral high horse...:hitwall:

I don't get you brother.Since when has India only looked out for material gains in conducting it's foreign policy.

Do we take up the Tibet issue for material gains?

Did we oppose NATO's military role in Libya for material gains?

Does Indian peacekeeping forces in foreign nations entail any material gains?

It's just who we are.Your opinion isn't shared by what our nation truly stands behind.

Wake up people.

What do we gain by opposing?

Weren't retrofitted MIG-29s used for aerial recon missions in Kargil? I don't assume "critical tech" of any kind was transferred to India during that time.This is the same technical defence that Israel feeds the United States,the one of "We supply critical intelligence to you guys so we can't fight with you by sending troops instead"

Nope during the start of the war we did not have LGB technology and we were shooting at the Mujaheddin holed in the mountains blindly without affecting them.The retrofitted Migs were of no use with the dumb bombs and IIRC one Mi 17 and a Mig 23 were shot down. We requested the LGB guidance kit from the French for the Jags and Mirages which were refused for some unknown reasons. Also without proper aerial recon the arty was not as effectiveand the casualties were mounting. It was at this time Israel stepped in with its LGB guidance kits, helped us retrofit it quickly and turned the Mirages into the beasts that they were for the rest of the war. And it was the advent of the Israeli Uavs which helped the arty regiments pin point the locations and kick a**. And hey did I mention their offer of real time satellite data sharing from their Ofeq spysats which helped our planners know where the rats are hiding exactly and helped reduce casualties on our side...?

Now contrast this with the reactions of the Arab govts especially Saudi who pledged free oil to Pak during the war.

Really you Indians have no idea whose your well-wisher and are stuck up in your NAM world while the world has moved on.

I ain't anti-Israel or anything but it would do us l good to. recall India has it's own foreign policy and losing the entire Arab world pales in comparison to just p*ssing Israel off.

You don't need to prove you have an independent foreign policy at the cost of harming your national interest.What independence India loses by supporting Israel..? It's not that we are supporting them because they forced us...we should support them because its in our own interest to support them.

And what has the Arab world done for us..Inspite of our repeated support to them they always preferred Pakistan over us...helped them in al their wars against us ...pass resolutions on Kashmir every year vindicating Pak stand...and yet you guys live them...no need for such wankers as allies...

India backs palestinian bid for UN membership just to please the Islamic world. And this will in turn will probably help India to get Islamic support for its bid for permanent member with veto power. But i think before bidding for palestine for UN memebership it should have though the consequences of jepordising its relation with Israel. As Israel and India are in JV in many arms development project.

It's all a put-on. Israel was told in advance about the Indian vote. It's to show the Muslim world that we are fighting for their cause. It always happens this way, so Israel knows it's just posturing for the public, nothing more!

The relationship between India and Israel is deeper than the oceans and higher than the mountains! (Now where the heck did I hear this line before??!! :pop: )

"Higher than Ocean and Deeper than Mountains "...?

Its good that Palestine should have their Own country. Its been long years they do have a proper settlement. The condition of Palestine people are pathetic in West bank and Gaza. I think Egypt can pay a constructive role in the settlement of Palestine. Why dont they give a part of Sinai desert to Palestine people to form their country. As Sinai Desert is least inhabited and also close to Gaza strip. If the Palestine issue is resolved then there will be significant difference in the World peace.

Serious question. Is there a reason why the local Indian population are so fond of Israel? Any cultural similarities or anything?

No cultural similarities..Just respect towards each others cultures, there was never a conflict between Jews and Hindus for the last thousands of years..
And the second is we understand their pain, We have come out of that same phase too..We know what it feels like when ur culture and identity is assassinated, ur driven out of ur home land..In short we love them ..Go Israel go..

Nope during the start of the war we did not have LGB technology and we were shooting at the Mujaheddin holed in the mountains blindly without affecting them.The retrofitted Migs were of no use with the dumb bombs and IIRC one Mi 17 and a Mig 23 were shot down. We requested the LGB guidance kit from the French for the Jags and Mirages which were refused for some unknown reasons. Also without proper aerial recon the arty was not as effectiveand the casualties were mounting. It was at this time Israel stepped in with its LGB guidance kits, helped us retrofit it quickly and turned the Mirages into the beasts that they were for the rest of the war. And it was the advent of the Israeli Uavs which helped the arty regiments pin point the locations and kick a**. And hey did I mention their offer of real time satellite data sharing from their Ofeq spysats which helped our planners know where the rats are hiding exactly and helped reduce casualties on our side...?

Now contrast this with the reactions of the Arab govts especially Saudi who pledged free oil to Pak during the war.

Really you Indians have no idea whose your well-wisher and are stuck up in your NAM world while the world has moved on.

Huh? Here's a link detailing all aerial recce/photo reconnaissance sorties flown by the IAF during Kargil.The list includes Mi-17,Canberra,,Jaguars,MiG-25R etc.

Kargil - Daily Progress Of Op Safedsagar - Vayu Sena

All Arab governments pledged support for Kargil? Not going to get into that but try living along those lines.The United States sent out a carrier battle group in support of Pakistan in 1971 and Sri lanka helped them out as well,does it mean we should never diplomatically engage with them as well?

Now tell me who's living in the past?

You don't need to prove you have an independent foreign policy at the cost of harming your national interest.What independence India loses by supporting Israel..? It's not that we are supporting them because they forced us...we should support them because its in our own interest to support them.

And what has the Arab world done for us..Inspite of our repeated support to them they always preferred Pakistan over us...helped them in al their wars against us ...pass resolutions on Kashmir every year vindicating Pak stand...and yet you guys live them...no need for such wankers as allies...

Since you are only looking at foreign policy matter objectively,here's what India possibly stands to lose;

Oil and support in the UN for Kashmir from Iran

Possible deadlock for the potentially immense Indo-Turkey ties

Indian workers in the Arab world to could be adversely affected

Internationalization of the Kasmir dispute with the Arab world putting their weight behind Pakistan

Isolation in the international arena

The list goes on till the cows come home my friend.

I don't get you brother.Since when has India only looked out for material gains in conducting it's foreign policy.

Huh what else do you look for in foreign policy except material gains and cold hard national interests without an iota of emotion.Atleast that's how big powers conduct their foreign policy.

Do we take up the Tibet issue for material gains?

Refer Forward Policy.

Did we oppose NATO's military role in Libya for material gains?

Ofcourse ...@ that time Gadaffi seemed to be the winning horse and we bet on him. Really if you had any ethics you should have supported bombing that cunt who was killing his own people using mercenaries.

Does Indian peacekeeping forces in foreign nations entail any material gains?

Wrong analogy. It's a commitment as a UN member state.That's it.

It's just who we are.Your opinion isn't shared by what our nation truly stands behind.

Yeah its who we are. Unable to prioritize who our partners/allies are and stop living out the NAM honeymoon inspite of being snubbed by the Arabs in every war,every issue.

And regarding my opinions...google the graph showing the % of people supporting this bid in India...a mere 32% as opposed to 25% opposing it and 16% asking India to abstain from the vote with the rest saying they don't care. Obviously people supporting this are lesser than those opposing/asking to abstain from it. The majority does not relive the Nasser-Nehru romance and prefer relations with Israel over Palestine.

India backs palestinian bid for UN membership just to please the Islamic world. And this will in turn will probably help India to get Islamic support for its bid for permanent member with veto power. But i think before bidding for palestine for UN memebership it should have though the consequences of jepordising its relation with Israel. As Israel and India are in JV in many arms development project.

India is incapable to become permanent member (with veto power) in SC. If India have veto power wat is use of it? no influence in other country except Nepal and Bhutan. India is fearful to say anything against anyone in world arena. All those 5 members in SC are potent aggressor that is basic quality to become SC member and terrorists activities in those countries are very less or nil and they took severe action against them without bothering others. We used say v will strong action against terrorist but nothing happening yet . The inclusion of India in SC is nothing but weakening the SC ,no use of India. IMO India shouldn't ask SC membership now better try to make our self best to deserve that position.

Huh what else do you look for in foreign policy except material gains and cold hard national interests without an iota of emotion.Atleast that's how big powers conduct their foreign policy.

Refer Forward Policy

Sure.But looking at it objectively,cutting Tibet loose and cracking down on their protestors will jump-start Sino-India ties.A big gain indeed,wouldn't you concede? Why not ignore Tibet and warm up with China eh.To hell with Foward Policy,we want gains!!!

Ofcourse ...@ that time Gadaffi seemed to be the winning horse and we bet on him. Really if you had any ethics you should have supported bombing that cunt who was killing his own people using mercenaries.

Gaddhafi looked like the winning horse going up against NATO? I sure hope you don't bet money on your predictions! you would be the first one to think that Gaddhafi would've gotten out the mess as the victor

Wrong analogy. It's a commitment as a UN member state.That's it.

OF course not,there is no compulsion to do it.Many UN members abstain from sending their own forces to hostile foreign nations,nobody breathes down their neck for doing the same.

And regarding my opinions...google the graph showing the % of people supporting this bid in India...a mere 32% as opposed to 25% opposing it and 16% asking India to abstain from the vote with the rest saying they don't care. Obviously people supporting this are lesser than those opposing/asking to abstain from it. The majority does not relive the Nasser-Nehru romance and prefer relations with Israel over Palestine.

It was Mark Twain that said "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics". However,I would be happy to look over the statistics if you could also specify the sample population and regions sampled.

Back
Top Bottom