What's new

India and US face tough negotiations on CISMOA, now called COMCASA

The Chinese member is nuts and is on a mission to somehow convince everyone (including himself) that the LEMOA allows for basing of US forces in India.

It is a logistics agreement which facilities US military assets/personnel to land/dock, refuel & possibly repair their assets, before proceeding on their original mission, whatever that may be. The mission at hand may be a joint combat exercise with Indian forces, or merely a stopover while going somewhere else - as is usually the case with warships.

It also allows for Indian assets to have better procedures in place while visiting US or any US-operated base in the neighborhood - provided the host country of that base also agrees. The most likely candidate would be Japan.

Provision for any kind of "basing" of US military, on either a temporary or permanent basis, is clearly NOT included in the agreement.

We've had similar agreements in place with the erstwhile USSR (who's nuclear submarines & warships used to call at Indian yards on an almost routine basis in the 70s and 80s), and I'm pretty sure such a practice continues with Russia today. It just does not have a fancy name like LEMOA, that's all.

I used to think Chinese-Dragon was one of the more knowledgeable members on the forum but on this thread, he's clearly got an acute case of dementia.

why do America need bases in India ? They have facilities and basing rights throughout the region

America is not getting any bases in India.

:confused:

No, just the right for the US military to operate out of Indian bases on Indian soil. :lol:

That's far better for them than just a few bases, they get all of them.

No, just the right for the US military to operate out of Indian bases on Indian soil. :lol:

^^ As I was saying....dementia. The dementia is strong with this one.

^^ As I was saying....dementia. The dementia is strong with this one.

I see you have realized that it's far easier on your brain to make personal attacks, rather than to counter the argument. :rofl:

I see you have realized that it's far easier on your brain to make personal attacks, rather than to counter the argument. :rofl:

All attempts to get the message into the other guy's mind fail when the other guy in question is resorting to the use of selective ignorance. i.e. listening to only what he wants to listen. Reading only what he wants to read.

However, such selective intake of information only helps to keep that particular individual as far from the truth as possible.

If you wish to be like that, that's your choice.

All attempts to get the message into the other guy's mind fail when the other guy in question is resorting to the use of selective ignorance. i.e. listening to only what he wants to listen. Reading only what he wants to read.

However, such selective intake of information only helps to keep that particular individual as far from the truth as possible.

If you wish to be like that, that's your choice.

Oh I did read your post.

But clearly you did not read your own post while you were writing it... since in all your waffling you ended up agreeing with me. :lol:

Read it yourself:

It is a logistics agreement which facilities US military assets/personnel to land/dock, refuel & possibly repair their assets, before proceeding on their original mission, whatever that may be.

This paragraph above is what you consider as sovereignty. Being a glorified US military base. :enjoy:

I do not think America has access to all bases. they will be restricted to few select bases

Oh I did read your post.

But clearly you did not read your own post while you were writing it... since in all your waffling you ended up agreeing with me. :lol:

Read it yourself:

This paragraph above is what you consider as sovereignty. Being a glorified US military base. :enjoy:

There is nothing permanent about the logistics agreement. the indian government is free to revoke the agreement at any time.

Oh I did read your post.

Read it yourself:

There is nothing about this agreement that India is giving up sovereignty

There is nothing permanent about the logistics agreement. the indian government is free to revoke the agreement at any time.

Except you can't. :lol:

India doesn't have a single weapon system that can reach the American mainland.

If the US military refuses to leave Indian soil, there is nothing India can do to make them leave. They can pound you into oblivion, and you wouldn't even be able to scratch the American mainland.

You would just have to plead and beg for the Western military forces to leave your country. Basically you can only rely on the "good will" of Westerners, this is your sovereignty.

Except you can't. :lol:

India doesn't have a single weapon system that can reach the American mainland.

If the US military refuses to leave Indian soil, there is nothing India can do to make them leave. They can pound you into oblivion, and you wouldn't even be able to scratch the American mainland.

You would just have to plead and beg for the Western military forces to leave your country. Basically you can only rely on the "good will" of Westerners, this is your sovereignty.

Name a country that USA has refused to leave
big words for someone who relies upon American markets, American companies and American technology to sustain their economy

Back
Top Bottom