Reaction score
Country
India
India+amphibious+assault+training+photos++2.jpg

India+amphibious+assault+training+photos++1.jpg

India+amphibious+assault+training+photos++3.jpg

India+amphibious+assault+training+photos++4.jpg

Asian Defence News: India amphibious assault training photos

India's Amphibious Assault Capability is somewhat poor.having 1 LPD and 9 LST and only 6 Landing Craft is barely enough to maintain enough Amphibious Capability.also,I wonder why we've only 6 Landing Craft,that too of bygone age(all of them is over or near 30 years)??

url

hopefully,India will soon receive new 8 LSTs....thats one of them..........

I wonder why India doesn't use Hovercrafts for this role.

Last edited:
India's Amphibious Assault Capability is somewhat poor.having 1 LPD and 9 LST and only 6 Landing Craft is barely enough to maintain enough Amphibious Capability.also,I wonder why we've only 6 Landing Craft,that too of bygone age??
hopefully,India will soon receive new 8 LSTs....thats one of them..........

Its because i don't think Amphibious Assault fits in the doctrine of IN as of now.... we don't have any disputes with sri lanka , BD or Maldives...

Its because i don't think Amphibious Assault fits in the doctrine of IN as of now.... we don't have any disputes with sri lanka , BD or Maldives...

that barely stops us to keep Amphibious Vessels.its just because we barely thought that someday we might face some similar threats which will need this form of warfare.but thankfully India is rapidly developing this capability.5 LPD,some 15 LST(bigger) and some 20-25 modern LCU would be enough.we should remember that we've a large number of islands to defend and and though possibility of attack on our shores is distant,but we may have to prepare to take our soldiers to distant enemy shores,one of the possibility why Navy is seeking larger LPDs.

I wonder what type of LCA(Landing Craft Assault) India use.I could almost swear that I saw pics of those.

what type is this vessel???

url

P1040445.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom