What's new

India aims to partially revive Spike ATGW deal with Israel

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Weeks after scrapping a USD1 billion tender, India’s Ministry of Defence (MoD) is seeking to revive plans to acquire the Israeli Rafael Advanced Defence Systems Spike anti-tank guided weapon (ATGW) for the Indian Army (IA).

Official sources told Jane’s on condition of anonymity that the IA has prevailed upon the MoD to execute part of the terminated tender by importing 5,500-odd Spike anti-tank guided missiles (ATGMs) and 275 launchers via an inter-governmental agreement (IGA), instead of a commercial deal with Rafael.

They said, however, that the transfer of technology being negotiated earlier to licence-build about 30,000 ATGMs would not be part of the IGA, which is likely to be progressed during Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s four-day India visit beginning 14 January.

Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to all our insight content, please enquire about our subscription options at ihs.com/contact

To read the full article, Client Login
(146 of 485 words)

http://www.janes.com/article/77018/india-aims-to-partially-revive-spike-atgw-deal-with-israel

We all knew this was coming since Netanyahu is coming so some orders and accords are indeed needed.

Cancel the existing deals and renegotiate the deals at higher prices?

Seems like there is high level of corruption going on.

Cancel the existing deals and renegotiate the deals at higher prices?

Seems like there is high level of corruption going on.
It's because DRDO doesn't want their ATGM tech to be ruined by importing unnecessary ToT which was part of the earlier $500 million deal.

It's because DRDO doesn't want their ATGM tech to be ruined by importing unnecessary ToT which was part of the earlier $500 million deal.

Finding excuses? India must be the only country which would say no to a proposal for ToT.

Will the new G2G deal include ToT or not?

Looks like the Israelis partially agreed to offer kickbacks to IA's top brass

Finding excuses? India must be the only country which would say no to a proposal for ToT.

Will the new G2G deal include ToT or not?
Yeah,but it's not the first time we are doing this shit. Earlier Soviets were ready to give tot on mig29s,but India rejected it for unknown reasons.

Yeah,but it's not the first time we are doing this shit. Earlier Soviets were ready to give tot on mig29s,but India rejected it for unknown reasons.

Agree. It's as if these Indian leaders do not want India become independent and stand on its feet ever.

Agree. It's as if these Indian leaders do not want India become independent and stand on its feet ever.

Its better than your country which always paint Chinese weapons while you donot have single good industry or university.

Its better than your country which always paint Chinese weapons while you donot have single good industry or university.

Which Chinese weapons did India procure and paint? I agree that India has a pathetic Industry but I did not know India is procuring from China.

Which Chinese weapons did India procure and paint? I agree that India has a pathetic Industry but I did not know India is procuring from China.

Its not India I was talking about your country. :rofl: Pathetic Indian industry, cheap false flag. :crazy:

Its not India I was talking about your country. :rofl: Pathetic Indian industry, cheap false flag. :crazy:

Sorry I do not know if you are a false flag or not as you do not display your flags. If you say you are one who am I to dispute that. I agree with you that you are flag less false flag.

Sorry I do not know if you are a false flag or not as you do not display your flags. If you say you are one who am I to dispute that. I agree with you that you are flag less false flag.

What you are taught dude? Why can not you understand that the world is not dumb like the people around you who are easily fooled by the security establishment? lol Get a life and be proud of your country.

Back
Top Bottom