What's new

Impact of shared resources .. PAF bases and national airports

zavis2003

Reaction score
What are the worst and good impacts we have about our airbases which also acts as airports for people too, like chaklala airbase peshawar airbase quetta airbase and small airbase of faisal karachi , all them of have airports sharings too with CAA so are they not really risking the security and secrecy of PAF , every day so many people flies and land from there and might get some know how about our strategic resources!

I want to get your expert opinions!

i do not think that there is much risk regarding secrecy of PAF because all the secret activities can be done in air bases like sargodha and masroor but there can be a security risk

1. Faisal airbase is solely used for military purposes.. very little or no civilian activity is involved.

2. Only till recently Islamabad airport had very little traffic except inter city flights. The new Islamabad airport will take over Chaklala soon. Smaller airports like Quetta or skardu have very little civillian traffic, and by sharing a runway costs are avoided.

can anybody enlighten the role and importance of sargodha airbase?

guys other than that i remember one runway where a railway line also passes that is also kinda not safe.concedring our railway timings

The AB at Chaklala does not have any sort of combat aircraft, C-130 and IL-78's, and SAAB-2000 don't hurt.

Another thing i would like to know, who controls the traffic for the military aircraft? Is it on the normal frequency used by civilian aircraft on approach or is it another secluded military ATC, considering their is only one runway and landing and takeoff slots need to be allotted.

such airports have control towers under the control of airforce so paf is performing double duties both military and civilian ! they are handling all matters of concerned ATCs.

Back
Top Bottom