What's new

IMF forecasts 5% growth for Pakistan in 2015

Muhammad Omar

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
824596-businessgraphprofitxcopy-1421743008-832-640x480.JPG

IMF also lowers its growth forecast for global economy to 3.5 percent this year and 3.7 percent in 2016. CREATIVE COMMONS

WASHINGTON DC: The International Monetary Fund (IMF) on Tuesday issued the economic growth forecast of Pakistan, Middle East, North Africa and Afghanistan to be 3.3 percent in 2015 and 3.9 percent in 2016 as a part of its update to the World Economic Outlook report.

The IMF made the steepest cut to its global-growth outlook in three years, with diminished expectations almost everywhere except the US more than offsetting the boost to expansion from lower oil prices.

imf-report-scereenshottt-e1421749063363.jpg

Overview of the World Economic Outlook projections. SOURCE: IMF WEBSITE

The world economy will grow 3.5 percent in 2015, down from the 3.8 percent pace projected in October, the International Monetary Fund said in its quarterly global outlook released late Monday in Washington. The Washington-based lender also cut its estimate for growth next year to 3.7 percent, compared with 4 percent in October.

On January 4, the IMF had projected Pakistan’s economic growth to to accelerate to about 3.7% over the next fiscal year, and to rise further in the medium-term as fiscal adjustment eases and structural reforms alleviate constrains in the energy sector.

In July 2014, the government reported the actual growth rate to be 3.3 percent, while IMF projected the economic activity to pick up in 2014–15 with the recovery expected to remain fragile.

Observation: The oil companies stocks have rallied while the petrol remains absent
HASCOL= 73===>99
Shell Pak=258===>278
PSO=350===>388
The reason was that whatever stock these OMCs were left with was being sold in Sindh and areas near refinaries in order to keep the inventory losses low by saving transportation cost.

TBH i face diesel shortage in saudia twice mano ya na mano apki marzi and yes main sari siyasi jamatoo per lanat bhegta hoon i am political atheist

yaar dil tord diya imran bhai , kese apki baat na maane ? ? waise bhi kabhi kabhi tu dedaar hote hai apke PDF pe :D

They had earlier quoted 3.3% growth rate for Pakistan but when i reported it to be a mistake for quoting MENAP region growth as Pakistani and instead gave them a real link to the individual country growth rates,they changed it.

And this is the reason the link still says 3.3% growth rate for Pakistan

So what's the actual GDP growth rate to be expected, this fiscal year?

They had earlier quoted 3.3% growth rate for Pakistan but when i reported it to be a mistake for quoting MENAP region growth as Pakistani and instead gave them a real link to the individual country growth rates,they changed it.

And this is the reason the link still says 3.3% growth rate for Pakistan

I take you're talking about the express tribune report. I mentioned the same thing and scrutinized the misleading headline in the comments section under that report, but they censored my comments. Basically, express tribune is the most pathetic newspaper along with thenews in Pakistan. The amount of bs they propagate is sickening. I only read it because dawn news is rather late in its reporting(they double check, maybe that's why).

I take you're talking about the express tribune report. I mentioned the same thing and scrutinized the misleading headline in the comments section under that report, but they censored my comments. Basically, express tribune is the most pathetic newspaper along with thenews in Pakistan. The amount of bs they propagate is sickening. I only read it because dawn news is rather late in its reporting(they double check, maybe that's why).

Dawn has quoted the imf growth rate weeks earlier and i had it posted aswell

IMF predicts 5% growth for Pakistan, reduction in inflation - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Back
Top Bottom