Illegal migrants tried to ‘occupy’ Bangladesh Embassy in Hanoi

Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Jul 07, 2020, 1:14PM

NPIC-202077131438.jpg

AIR Pics

A group of 27 illegal Bangladeshi migrants tried to forcibly occupy the Hanoi embassy of Bangladesh in Vietnam on Tuesday, July 2. Disclosing this, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) in a Press Release on Monday said that these Bangladeshi nationals were lured by human traffickers to Vietnam. After it came to the notice of the Bangladesh embassy in Hanoi, it arranged for a repatriation flight for them on July 2. While eleven illegal immigrants took the flight back to Dhaka from Hanoi, 27 of them refused to return asking the government to pay the fare. These people went live on social-media making derogatory comments against Bangladesh. They are now threatening in the social media that if their demands are not met they will similarly occupy all Bangladesh embassies abroad.

The statement said that the Bangladesh government does not have a provision to pay for the airfare of returning illegal workers.

According to the release, a certain quarter is trying to tarnish Bangladesh’s recent success in controlling human trafficking by threatening to attack Bangladesh missions abroad involving illegal Bangladeshi migrants.

In the recently released US State Department report on Trafficking in Persons (TIP), Bangladesh has been upgraded to tier-2 for its efforts to check illegal migration from the country.

Speaking about the incident, Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen told the official news agency BSS that a new organisation named ‘Prabashi Odhikar Parishad’ is involved in patronising these illegal migrants. He said that those people who illegally go abroad should also be sent behind bars along with the traffickers as both are responsible for tarnishing the image of Bangladesh abroad.

http://www.newsonair.com/News?title...occupy’-Bangladesh-Embassy-in-Hanoi&id=393158

**** them. Let them rot in Hanoi and the consulates can hire Interpol for protection if needed

They are now threatening in the social media that if their demands are not met they will similarly occupy all Bangladesh embassies abroad.
Ehh? Being stuck in Hanoi, how can they possibly occupy more than one Bangladeshi embassy? Have I missed something here?

This event proves how Hasina Bibi's claim of a developed Bangladesh is failing. Vietnam is a developing country itself and I find virtually thousands and thousands of its young people working in Japan's construction industry. Yet, the economic situation is so bad in BD that people can be easily cheated and sent to another 3rd world country like Vietnam.

I again say, Hasina's recipe of building fancy projects is no solution to employment. BD needs investment in industries where people would be employed and the country will become richer. This stupid woman is now contemplating to use BD's foreign exchange to build a few more fancy projects. Very sad.

This event proves how Hasina Bibi's claim of a developed Bangladesh is failing. Vietnam is a developing country itself and I find virtually thousands and thousands of its young people working in Japan's construction industry. Yet, the economic situation is so bad in BD that people can be easily cheated and sent to another 3rd world country like Vietnam.

I again say, Hasina's recipe of building fancy projects is no solution to employment. BD needs investment in industries where people would be employed and the country will become richer. This stupid woman is now contemplating to use BD's foreign exchange to build a few more fancy projects. Very sad.
These idiots went to Vietnam with investor visa to invest millions of dollar there. You did not know the entire story.

These idiots went to Vietnam with investor visa to invest millions of dollar there. You did not know the entire story.

Foreign minister claims that they held visit visas and upon arrival in Vietnam, started working there illegally.

Whatever may be the way they took to enter Vietnam, their presence and working there shows how vulnerable the economy of BD is. It is not progressing at all and as a result many people do not get jobs to earn a living wage. This is happening because FDI guys are not going to BD and govt of BD does not encourage people to invest in industries.

The idea of building billion dollar factories is wrong. It comes at a later time. Small-scale industries are usually set up by people in an underdeveloped economy and they keep on flourishing year after year as the economy grows. I do not think Hasina's policy of borrowing and build a few fancy projects for photographs and propaganda is no recipe of development.

I see thousands and thousands of young Vietnamese coming to Japan on training visa to work in construction industry and our young people are going to a poor Vietnam. We are in every country even in Sub-Saharan ones and our great GoB claims it a success.

We are the most pathetic country without a leadership that understands the process of national economic development. No industries, no development.

Nah we are no longer 3rd world country.
Most young Vietnamese go to Japan because high wages, similar culture and language there.

Nah we are no longer 3rd world country.
Most young Vietnamese go to Japan because high wages, similar culture and language there.
Please do not put unnecessary argument and claim a 2nd World status prematurely. Your country has to go a very long way before claiming that status. What is Vietnam's average salary? Please read the excerpt below: "Average Local Salary: The average monthly salary of a worker in Vietnam is about $148 per month". Not very different even from BD. I think you guys are also suffering from developed status syndrome like my own countrymen that I see in the PDF.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/third-world.asp

3rd World Countries List
Because the evolution of the worldly segmentation has become somewhat historic and obsolete, the definition or classification of a third world country is not necessarily precisely defined.

As such, one of the best barometers for assessing a list of Third World countries is MSCI’s Frontier Markets Index. This Index includes the countries of:

• Croatia
  • Estonia
  • Lithuania
  • Kazakhstan
  • Romania
  • Serbia
  • Slovenia
  • Kenya
  • Mauritius
  • Morocco
  • Nigeria
  • Tunisia
  • WAEMU
  • Bahrain
  • Jordan
  • Kuwait
  • Lebanon
  • Oman
  • Bangladesh
  • Sri Lanka
  • Vietnam

Please do not put unnecessary argument and claim a 2nd World status prematurely. Your country has to go a very long way before claiming that status. What is Vietnam's average salary? Please read the excerpt below: "Average Local Salary: The average monthly salary of a worker in Vietnam is about $148 per month". Not very different even from BD. I think you guys are also suffering from developed status syndrome like my own countrymen that I see in the PDF.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/third-world.asp

3rd World Countries List
Because the evolution of the worldly segmentation has become somewhat historic and obsolete, the definition or classification of a third world country is not necessarily precisely defined.

As such, one of the best barometers for assessing a list of Third World countries is MSCI’s Frontier Markets Index. This Index includes the countries of:

• Croatia
  • Estonia
  • Lithuania
  • Kazakhstan
  • Romania
  • Serbia
  • Slovenia
  • Kenya
  • Mauritius
  • Morocco
  • Nigeria
  • Tunisia
  • WAEMU
  • Bahrain
  • Jordan
  • Kuwait
  • Lebanon
  • Oman
  • Bangladesh
  • Sri Lanka
  • Vietnam
The article looks like coming from a blog?

Croatia has a gdp per capita of $14k, hardly a 3rd world.

The article looks like coming from a blog?

Croatia has a gdp per capita of $14k, hardly a 3rd world.
Blog or what, reality is reality. Vietnam would have to take a few more decades to get out of 3rd world status. Not FDIs, but it must be able to produce technology based manufacturing goods on its own to reach that level.

$148 per capita monthly wage for normal people does not prove Vietnam belongs to the 2nd world. Please try to widen your horizon.

Blog or what, reality is reality. Vietnam would have to take a few more decades to get out of 3rd world status. Not FDIs, but it must be able to produce technology based manufacturing goods on its own to reach that level.

$148 per capita monthly wage for normal people does not prove Vietnam belongs to the 2nd world. Please try to widen your horizon.
Yes I am here to widen my horizon.
That’s the first time that someone in BD calls us as third world. I never heard that before in any other place of the world. Not even in times we were dirty poor.

Yes I am here to widen my horizon.
That’s the first time that someone in BD calls us as third world. I never heard that before in any other place of the world. Not even in times we were dirty poor.
One does not have to from BD to call Vietnam a 3rd world country. Why do you get offended by this tagging by the entire world? In the process of counter my argument you are indirectly insulting my country. Is it necessary? Do not ever think a mere $145 billion FDI makes a country belonging to the 2nd world.

Note, how many trillions of dollars the US companies have been investing in the Latin American countries for more than 100 years. But, can these countries belong to 2nd world? It is same with Vietnam. A country has to develop itself by working hard by its population. You will remain like another Latin countries without this.

I am inputting the reality but, you have insulted my country. But, before doing it again you must read the excerpt below:

Next Eleven[edit]
The Next Eleven (known also by the numeronym N-11) are the eleven countries – Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, South Korea, Turkey and Vietnam – identified by Jim O'Neill in a research paper as having a high potential of becoming, along with the BRICS countries, among the world's largest economies in the 21st century.[25] The bank chose these states, all with promising outlooks for investment and future growth, on December 12, 2005.

The criteria used were macroeconomic stability, political maturity, openness of trade and investment policies, and the quality of education. The N-11 paper is a follow-up to the bank's 2003 paper on the four emerging "BRIC" economies.

Last edited:
Jul 07, 2020, 1:14PM

NPIC-202077131438.jpg

AIR Pics

A group of 27 illegal Bangladeshi migrants tried to forcibly occupy the Hanoi embassy of Bangladesh in Vietnam on Tuesday, July 2. Disclosing this, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) in a Press Release on Monday said that these Bangladeshi nationals were lured by human traffickers to Vietnam. After it came to the notice of the Bangladesh embassy in Hanoi, it arranged for a repatriation flight for them on July 2. While eleven illegal immigrants took the flight back to Dhaka from Hanoi, 27 of them refused to return asking the government to pay the fare. These people went live on social-media making derogatory comments against Bangladesh. They are now threatening in the social media that if their demands are not met they will similarly occupy all Bangladesh embassies abroad.

The statement said that the Bangladesh government does not have a provision to pay for the airfare of returning illegal workers.

According to the release, a certain quarter is trying to tarnish Bangladesh’s recent success in controlling human trafficking by threatening to attack Bangladesh missions abroad involving illegal Bangladeshi migrants.

In the recently released US State Department report on Trafficking in Persons (TIP), Bangladesh has been upgraded to tier-2 for its efforts to check illegal migration from the country.

Speaking about the incident, Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen told the official news agency BSS that a new organisation named ‘Prabashi Odhikar Parishad’ is involved in patronising these illegal migrants. He said that those people who illegally go abroad should also be sent behind bars along with the traffickers as both are responsible for tarnishing the image of Bangladesh abroad.

http://www.newsonair.com/News?title...occupy’-Bangladesh-Embassy-in-Hanoi&id=393158

They can certainly stay at the famous Hanoi Hilton !

One does not have to from BD to call Vietnam a 3rd world country. Why do you get offended by this tagging by the entire world? In the process of counter my argument you are indirectly insulting my country. Is it necessary? Do not ever think a mere $145 billion FDI makes a country belonging to the 2nd world.

Note, how many trillions of dollars the US companies have been investing in the Latin American countries for more than 100 years. But, can these countries belong to 2nd world? It is same with Vietnam. A country has to develop itself by working hard by its population. You will remain like another Latin countries without this.

I am inputting the reality but, you have insulted my country. But, before doing it again you must read the excerpt below:

Next Eleven[edit]
The Next Eleven (known also by the numeronym N-11) are the eleven countries – Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, South Korea, Turkey and Vietnam – identified by Jim O'Neill in a research paper as having a high potential of becoming, along with the BRICS countries, among the world's largest economies in the 21st century.[25] The bank chose these states, all with promising outlooks for investment and future growth, on December 12, 2005.

The criteria used were macroeconomic stability, political maturity, openness of trade and investment policies, and the quality of education. The N-11 paper is a follow-up to the bank's 2003 paper on the four emerging "BRIC" economies.
I am not insulting your country. Relax. Call us 3rd as you like. Usually a 3rd world country has things like these: weak education system, poor infra, weak military, weak health care, weak government and poor law enforcement, poor public order. Low minimum wage is not a criteria to classify a country as 3rd world. China was poor but nobody classified China as 3rd country.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom