What's new

IK Expands and Redefines National Security ....!

faani83

Reaction score
Country
Canada
-IK spoke @ Islamabad Security Dialogue
-Defines Paradigm Shift in National Security Lens and clarifies Threats Which includes
1- Climate Change
2-Food Security
3-Economy/Food Inflation
4- Poverty

-Gave his vision to tackle the above mentioned threats!

-Congrats NSA Moeed Yousaf in starting the Broader National Security Dialogue and integrating Think Tanks with Policy Makers!

What do you guys think about the redefination and New Non Military Threats?

All it needs to wake up a nation is a single person remaining awake - Malik El-Shabaz (Malcolm X)

Pak has identified the real problems that might "undo" her.....

The Ehl-i Sheyatin know it too well!! Hence, they want to put the proxy traitor terrorists - NS, AZ, PDM etc. - at the helms of Pak for good to kill her from inside with the help of the corrupt and inept bureaucracy! And, they hate the Pak Deep State and Deep Nation for a reason......

Last edited:
-IK spoke @ Islamabad Security Dialogue
-Defines Paradigm Shift in National Security Lens and clarifies Threats Which includes
1- Climate Change
2-Food Security
3-Economy/Food Inflation
4- Poverty

-Gave his vision to tackle the above mentioned threats!

-Congrats NSA Moeed Yousaf in starting the Broader National Security Dialogue and integrating Think Tanks with Policy Makers!

What do you guys think about the redefination and New Non Military Threats?

What I have observed on personal level is that for years, our primary focus had remained on Strategic Deterrence & relationship with US. Most of the individuals who graduated out of NDU or QAU's Strategic Security Studies Department focused on afore mentioned topics. These individuals then went on to join the same Think Tanks, that are being represented in today's National Security Dialogue. When the individuals themselves graduated with focus on US & Nuclear Deterrence it is obvious that they went on to define polices surrounding these too.

I know students who are soon to graduate from above mentioned institutions & they have their eyes set on same old subject of nuclear deterance, what i suggested to them was to focus on non military threats such as mentioned above or focus on emerging threats such as Disruptive Technologies, but unfortunately no one is interested in investing time into research for these subjects

Last edited:
What I have observed on personal level is that for years, our primary focused had remained on Strategic Deterrence & relationship with US. Most of the individuals who graduated out of NDU or QAU's Strategic Security Studies Department focused on afore mentioned topics. These individuals then when on to join the same Think Tanks, that are being represented in today's National Security Dialogue. When the individuals themselves graduated with focus on US & Nuclear Deterrence it is obvious that they went on to define polices surrounding these too.

I know students who are soon to graduate from above mentioned institutions & they have their eyes set on same old subject of nuclear deterance, what i suggested to them was to focus on non military threats such as mentioned above or focus on emerging threats such as Disruptive Technologies, but unfortunately no one is interested in investing time into research for these subjects

Absolutely. Especially if they consider the dual nature of the opportunities focusing on disruptive technologies, the economy and food security allow them to branch out into. These are areas with a commercial side to them, and expertise in them can allow these experts to spin off companies to uplift the nation and themselves, as is done in other nations. Creating a self-sustaining ecosystem, and avoiding the need to be involved directly in weaponry.

What I have observed on personal level is that for years, our primary focused had remained on Strategic Deterrence & relationship with US. Most of the individuals who graduated out of NDU or QAU's Strategic Security Studies Department focused on afore mentioned topics. These individuals then when on to join the same Think Tanks, that are being represented in today's National Security Dialogue. When the individuals themselves graduated with focus on US & Nuclear Deterrence it is obvious that they went on to define polices surrounding these too.

True we lack a lot in cyber security and can be a lot dangerous... we have people like Rafay Baloch and Shahmir Amir who can help but people need to provide them with the platform to help.. and then there is 3D printing which is more helpful but can he dangerous as well in hands of enemies..

One really important item they are missing form this list is the MEDIA, specially Social Media. The security threat this poses can destroy countries even without firing a single bullet. WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO REALISE THE IMPLICATION OF THIS THREAT which is already slowly killing Pakistan's society?

Identifying the real threat is actually means half of the threat is neutralized, i wish Pakistani's learn that, it took several years for them to identify the internal enemy and then they took more years to engage it. I fear IK is not the right leader for this job, he is to out of the loop and pacifist.

More people die globally to heat stroke then any other natural disaster or climatic event. Singapore has a report on solutions to mitigate the heat island effects in cities that I think Pakistan should study as a way to address climate change in an actionable way, today. One example is planting trees to give shade to people, but there are other things we may not have thought about. It’s mentioned in the following video that should be looked at by whom ever the PM puts in charge of dealing with climate change. If we can save lives, it goes along way in the lives of that persons family.

while we are on the top of natural disasters, the PM should have the engineers in charge of monitoring the rivers and canals, to make sure preparations are in place in case of another major flood. Pakistan gets a major flood approximately every 10 years, so since the 2010 floods, we are overdue for another major flood event.

Finally, considering the danger of water being cut off by India, Pakistan should consider building a canal to connect the western rivers in Punjab to the rivers near Lahore. It can serve to ensure at least minimal water supply will be there for Lahore and can also serve as flood protection, I assume (I’m not a hydrologist, but it’s an option that I think should be studied)

Last edited:
More people die globally to heat stroke then any other natural disaster or climatic event. Singapore has a report on solutions to mitigate the heat island effects in cities that I think Pakistan should study as a way to address climate change in an actionable way, today. One example is planting trees to give shade to people, but there are other things we may not have thought about. It’s mentioned in the following video that should be looked at by whom ever the PM puts in charge of dealing with climate change. If we can save lives, it goes along way in the lives of that persons family.

while we are on the top of natural disasters, the PM should have the engineers in charge of monitoring the rivers and canals, to make sure preparations are in place in case of another major flood. Pakistan gets a major flood approximately every 10 years, so since the 2010 floods, we are overdue for another major flood event.

Finally, considering the danger of water being cut off by India, Pakistan should consider building a canal to connect the western rivers in Punjab to the rivers near Lahore. It can serve to ensure at least minimal water supply will be there for Lahore and can also serve as flood protection, I assume (I’m not a hydrologist, but it’s an option that I think should be studied)

no one cares about these things, these things are not massive shiny new projects that can win you seats, or massive shiny new weapons that can hold people in awe. we learn nothing from our mistakes, whether it is the politicians, the military or the public. a govt, any govt, is too busy is trying to save themselves that 90% of their time is spent in firefighting and juggling allies and opponents, there is no time left to do anything meaningful.

half of the people in current cabinet and govt do not like the ministries assigned to them, other half are angry that they were not given ministries or chairmanships. no one joined the current govt because of ideology, they simply did so to gain/keep their power. IK cannot do sh*t with these type of opportunistic people surrounding him.

Things like these need innovative, outside of the box thinkers, for food security: ending of cartels/mafia in food production sector (whose reps sit in the assemblies unfortunately, in other places these people bribe politicians, here, they are the politicians), putting an end to smuggling (again, people sitting in assemblies, or having someone in security forces), this also requires putting an end to housing societies being built on farmland, and putting an end to timber mafia.
unfortunately, most of these areas fall under the provinces after 18th amendment, so dont get your hopes high even if the PM has pointed out or vowed to do something, no one will help him, but will actively try to sabotage him, so that they can get their hands on the seat and be next in power.

If you or anybody you know wants to learn cyber security send them to this org. His students have gone to get big companies and charges very small fee.

True we lack a lot in cyber security and can be a lot dangerous... we have people like Rafay Baloch and Shahmir Amir who can help but people need to provide them with the platform to help.. and then there is 3D printing which is more helpful but can he dangerous as well in hands of enemies..

One really important item they are missing form this list is the MEDIA, specially Social Media. The security threat this poses can destroy countries even without firing a single bullet. WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO REALISE THE IMPLICATION OF THIS THREAT which is already slowly killing Pakistan's society?

Spot on.

Threat to culture and social values should also be taken very seriously.

There is also need to redefine the "full spectrum deterrence". It doesn't have any provisions to create deterrence at sub conventional/fifth generation warfare level.

Back
Top Bottom