What's new

IDP camps being restricted to the NWFP?

ok and can you provide me a link of the MQM being provided a C-130??
MQM sends Rs50 million relief goods for IDPs

Updated at: 1900 PST, Tuesday, May 19, 2009
ISLAMABAD: Muttahida Qaumi Movement MQM leader Dr. Farooq Sattar has said that relief goods worth Rs50 million have been dispatched to help the internally displaced persons of Malakand division.

Addressing a press conference along with Federal Minister Babar Ghauri here on Tuesday, Dr. Sattar said “Five trucks carrying relief goods have been dispatched to Islamabad through C-130 plane of Pakistan Air Force.”

The goods, he said, would be handed over to the authorities of National Disaster Management. He further said MQM Chief Altaf Hussain himself had contributed Rs1 million for the Prime Minister Fund.

Dr. Sattar hoped that the ongoing operation in Swat would soon meet its logical conclusion.

KHIDMAT-E-KHALQ FOUNDATION

Karachi. 19 May 2009 ... Khidmat-e-Khalq Foundation (KKF), a charitable Wing of Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) has dispatched 5 truck loads of food provisions, clothing and other materials to help the internally displaced persons of Swat, Deer, Boner and Shangla affected by the war against Taliban by military aircraft C-130 Transporters to Islamabad today, Tuesday, 19 May 2009 from P.A.F Base, Shah Faisal, Karachi.

The relief goods were handed over to the P.A.F Group Leader Maqsood and Captain Yousuf of the Pakistan Air force at the P A F Base Shah Faisal by Dr Ishrat-ul-Ebad Khan, Governor of the Province of Sindh and Mr Shoaib Bukhari, Member of the Central Coordination Committee of the MQM and Trustee of the KKF. The goods contained large packets of rations, children, men and women clothing, children’s shoes and sandals, kerosene oil stoves and large quantities of medicine. It is to be noted that Air Vice Marshal Arshad Qudus had offered the KKF to lift the goods by C-130 Military Transporters and this was the first consignment to be followed by more whereas other means of transport was in use until now but collection of large quantity of relief goods at the KKF camps prompted the Air Vice Marshal Arshad Qudus to make an offer of the use of C-130 Transporters. It is pertinent to mention that KKF, the charitable wing of the MQM is the first organisation that has used military C-130 Transporters Aircraft to send the goods to the affected people of Swat, Deer, Boner and Shangla.

641b44178d3dbcbdba4dec132cb661db.jpg

6d41ea76037d0a35d436d4db4d2fbfe4.jpg

35305967f244e990d7c1003c8f44c2d4.jpg

c7ab5123477eb48dc2a211ae28815fc5.jpg

81b962ed7e67059a08d58c6ef3f804bd.jpg

Listen guys i m saying that we should welcome them, MQM is only saying to register them, we should prove our selves a great pakistani by helping our displaced brothers!

Zob

no one is stoppin IDPs from going anywhere. PM has made a clear cut statment. CM sindh has also said the samehting. rather sindh in settin up camps for IDPs in different cities. same goes for punjab. there are thousands of families being hosted by ppl in rawalpindi and elsewhere in pujnab. there is an IDP family which even named their new born son after shehbaz sharif. dont take it in a wrong way. they are not doin anything special but only doin their duty. and no one can stop our ppl from goin anywhere. like u said these political statement are only embarassin us

To a certain extent, I agree with the decision taken by some of the provinces and parties in Pakistan. There is a strong feeling that miscreants might easily blend in with the displaced populace. What needs to be done at this point is to actively monitor and register the displaced and at the same time contain the Taliban in their positions. Not doing so would result in a much bigger catastrophe and security situation all across major cities. The Swat valley has become deserted and the army is moving in armed heavily in order to get over and done with.

To a certain extent I agree with the decision taken by some of the provinces and parties in Pakistan. There is a strong feeling that miscreants might easily blend in the displaced populace. What needs to be done at this point is to actively monitor and register the displaced and at the same time contain the Taliban in their positions. Not doing so would result in a much bigger catastrophe and security situation all across major cities. The Swat valley has become deserted and the army is moving in armed heavily in order to get over and done with.

registration is fine. but some of the statements comin from politicians were really disgustin. there was no need to say or even mention that these ppl are not allowed to enter sindh or punjab. its gud that PM stepped fwd and made it clear that no one is allowed to stop them from goin anywhere in the country

IDPs can go anywhere: PM

May 24, 2009

LAHORE: The internally displaced persons (IDPs) can relocate to any part of the country they wish, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani said on Saturday, APP reported.

“They are Pakistanis, they are our brothers and honourable guests, and they may go anywhere in the country,” Gilani told reporters after inaugurating Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan Medical and Dental College at Sheikh Zayed Hospital.

The prime minister said the government had evolved a comprehensive plan for the rehabilitation and relief of the IDPs, and reconstruction in areas affected by the military operation.

He said the registration of IDPs was being carried out so that relief and assistance efforts could be streamlined.

Responding to a question about the Swat operation, Gilani said it was the best option available while keeping all aspects in view.

The prime minister said the military was operating against the Taliban with precision, adding that the army would succeed with the full backing of the nation.

According to AFP, Gilani said attacks by United States drones inside Pakistani territory were counterproductive because they undermined the country’s efforts to isolate terrorists. “Had the drone attacks been useful”, the government would have supported them, he said. agencies

All provinces should play host to IDPs: Punjab CM

LAHORE: Every Pakistani is equal, and it is the national responsibility of all Pakistanis living in any of the four provinces to play host to the internally displaced persons (IDPs) of Swat, Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif said on Sunday. He said in a press statement no effort would be spared in looking after or providing relief to the IDPs of Swat. He said the people of other provinces have as much right over Punjab as the Punjabis themselves. He said the nation should help the IDPs in such a manner that its conduct should revive the memories of the spirit of Ansar-e-Madina. staff report

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

so now punjab and sindh CMs have made categoric statements that IDPs can go anywhere they wish. these ppl are our brothers and sisters. i dont know how did this polical wranglin start

Last edited:
Punjab to welcome any number of IDPs: PML-N leader

Camps to be set up for displaced persons

Monday, May 25, 2009
By Tariq Butt

ISLAMABAD: Unlike the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM)’s strong opposition to the arrival of internally displaced persons (IDPs) from the Malakand Division in Sindh, the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has announced that it would welcome any number of such persons in the Punjab and take care of them in every respect.

However, so far not a single camp has been established in the Punjab because there has not been any major influx of the IDPs in this province. ìWe are prepared to set up any number of camps for the IDPs in the Punjab,î senior spokesman for the PML-N and Punjab government Senator Pervez Rashid told The News.

Meanwhile, Senator Ishaq Dar, who is overseeing the PML-Nís relief operations for the IDPs, has given a personal donation of Rs 50 million, which is the highest announced by any single individual so far.

Earlier, the family of former foreign minister Khurshid Mehmood Kasuri had handed over a donation of Rs 10 million and the Sharif family Rs 50 million. Responding to MQMís Federal Minister Farooq Sattarís opposition to the IDPsí arrival in Sindh, Awami National Party (ANP) Sindh President Shahi Syed was quoted as saying on Friday that the Malakand Division victims were going to other areas out of compulsion. “They should be allowed to shift to every region of Pakistan.”

At a news conference on Friday, Dr Farooq Sattar announced the MQMís unanimous and unconditional support to the Sindh-based parties against the accommodation of the IDPs in the province.

An MQM delegation is shortly meeting President Asif Ali Zardari and Interior Minister Rehman Malik to bring to their notice the ìconcernsî of the people of Sindh in this connection. Pervez Rashid said the IDPs had every right to go anywhere in Pakistan and there should be no bar on their movement inside the country.

However, he said since the impression was that the IDPs would go back to their native areas in the next two-three weeks because of the conclusion of the military operation, most of them had preferred to shift to the region neighbouring Mardan.

The PML-N leader said 80 per cent of the massive assistance being extended to the IDPs by the PML-N was being arranged by his party and the remaining 20 per cent by the Punjab government.

He said his party had sent 40 lady doctors, 200 paramedics and 40 ambulances to the IDP camps near Mardan. He said the Punjab government was not only directly supplying flour to the IDPs but also doing so for the NGOs and international organisations working in the area.
Punjab to welcome any number of IDPs: PML-N leader

sir with all due respect anyone opposed to the idea of PAKISTAN is an enemy of pakistan to me....secondly... sir i think Nelson MADELAdid alot as well then so did GANDHI....if we are looking at a person in cotext of his politics and the positions he espoused and not his loyalty to the state of pakistan... then i guess GANDHI,MANDELA can be good examples.....

@YOUSAFZAI

please read and tell me what is the diffrence between this man and all the MQM anti-pakistan comments....??

Bacha Khan's last words to Gandhi and his erstwhile allies in the Congress party were: "You have thrown us to the wolves

The notion Khan took the oath of allegiance to the new nation of Pakistan is false.He visited India and participated in the centenary celebrations of the Indian National Congress in 1985; he was awarded the Bharat Ratna, India's highest civilian award, in 1987

i am not trying to inflame this thread all i am saying is that bacha khan should not be an IDEAL for any pakistani....

BUT unfortunately activites of MQM and JSQM are making BACHA KHAN look like a hero....:tsk::tsk:
If Bacha got the rights and education and development he wanted for the pashtuns then let me tell u now that we would never ever of been in this mess that we are in now. The spread of taliban ideology is bought about by a power vacumn and a lack of a better substitute but im sure u can understand if the area was developed and had an educated civil society then this would have never been accepted and wouldnt of been a full blown war as it is now. For a pashtun Bacha Khan is thier leader although many wont take anything from his view of seperatism as its no longer realistic or viable as we consider ourselves pakistani, all of our leaders can learn from his secular vision, his life long dedication to development and education and peaceful way of leadership. He was a great man and ill let u research that and dont be so short sighted and narrow minded and do consider the implications of what u say.

so now punjab and sindh CMs have made categoric statements that IDPs can go anywhere they wish. these ppl are our brothers and sisters. i dont know how did this polical wranglin start

Well, we had one journalist quoting an 'anonymous official':P, and that's what started the ball rolling.

The CM's of Punjab and Sindh did the right thing in issuing those statements.

can u provide a link for that please its quite interesting because from what ive read he always wanted to join balochistan and NWFP to afghanistan. He was always ready for talks though and wanted to resolve disputes through diplomacy with the pakistani state. He wasnt anti pakistan or anti punjabi he just wanted equality for everyone which at the time were not being provided

well you can certainly google on "Frontier Gandhi" and wiki will give you the most basic of read ups am sure. There was always a consensus on the more learned to keep India united as an entity. It was so with MA Jinnah too initially.

The Nehru vs Jinnah tussel was the nail in coffin. although the latter in my opinion would have made the best prime minister for an independent united India.

as for NWFP, the Pashto people as a whole took the division as division of a race and the same was rejected by Grand Jirga of Afghanistan post the referrencdum.

I also strongly recommend going through the treaty signed by Pakistani Government with Baluchs and the violation of the same by Ayub Khan. This will highlight the resentment which is held still to a lot of extent.

I think we should end this line and not deviate.

Thanks for a good discussion to all members.

Well, we had one journalist quoting an 'anonymous official':P, and that's what started the ball rolling.

The CM's of Punjab and Sindh did the right thing in issuing those statements.

But I guess it did a lot of good as all the members here rightly denounced any such move of seggregating the common citizen of Pakistan on lines of region/tribal affiliations.

So blessing in disguise?:cheers:

well you can certainly google on "Frontier Gandhi" and wiki will give you the most basic of read ups am sure. There was always a consensus on the more learned to keep India united as an entity. It was so with MA Jinnah too initially.

The Nehru vs Jinnah tussel was the nail in coffin. although the latter in my opinion would have made the best prime minister for an independent united India.

as for NWFP, the Pashto people as a whole took the division as division of a race and the same was rejected by Grand Jirga of Afghanistan post the referrencdum.

I also strongly recommend going through the treaty signed by Pakistani Government with Baluchs and the violation of the same by Ayub Khan. This will highlight the resentment which is held still to a lot of extent.

I think we should end this line and not deviate.

Thanks for a good discussion to all members.

But u said he wanted to join it to india which ive never ever heard of thats why i wanted a link cause he wanted balochistan and NWFP with afghanistan

Back
Top Bottom