What's new

Identify this strange truck ANZA missiles

DESERT FIGHTER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
2eb77fr.jpg

Wierd looking armoured truck...pic taken probably during some parade!

Old....

Anza Mk I and Mk II

Development/Description

In 1989, at the Pakistan Day Joint Services parade in Rawalpindi the Pakistan Army displayed a number of locally modified, locally produced M113 APCs fitted with an air defence missile launcher/gun system on the rear decking.
The system combined the Anza (Lance) four-round hybrid launcher module with a twin 14.5 mm Type 75-1 heavy machine gun module. The gunner is seated within the confines of the APC to operate the system. Power operation is provided for both elevation and traverse of the combined mounting.
The vehicles at the parade were fitted with launcher tubes for the Anza Mk I passive infrared homing missile although the hybrid Anza module can also be used to mount the later Anza Mk II missile system. Locally built armoured cross-country chassis have also been produced with Anza four-round and Bofors single-round launcher systems.

SPECIFICATIONS :

Full details of the Anza Mk I and Mk II missiles are given in the Man-portable surface-to-air missile systems section earlier in this book.

Status : Production as required. In service with the Pakistan Army (four-round M113 APC and locally built armoured cross-country chassis version).

Anza Mk III self-propelled low-altitude surface-to-air missile system

Development/Description

The Dr A Q Khan Research Laboratories are believed to be developing the Anza Mk III missile system. This is reported to be a missile in the class of the Russian Strela (SA-9 `Gaskin'/SA-13 `Gopher') type system and may well incorporate transferred technology from friendly nations. No other details are available at present other than it will be a self-propelled system.

COMPANY NAME : Dr A Q Khan Research Laboratories (Missile system designed by)

anza.jpg

image001xgm.jpg

I think the Idea was not bad because there was and is always a huge need for a mobile air defence system which.

A scenario:

What would a Pakistani-Tank commander do, when he is attacked from a Air-To-Ground fighter of IAF ????

Automatically control 12.7mm gun and fire while aiming from inside... ?
[
400pxdshk.jpg
[/URL]

This Gun Have only a effective range Effective of 1200 m and a maximum range 2500 m, IAF jets can hit the Tank from a longer range plz. dont forget the battle of Longe wala ;). Second its a anti personal and unarmored vehicles gun,yes it can be use against Aircraft when it is in your range or against helis, but for that the Soldier must change the ammunition for the AA role, that will cost to much time.

In the battle of the Longewala the Indian Hunters had make to our Soldiers more than a salute ! They had grill our Tanks !

Battle of Longewala

The Battle of Longewala (December 4, 1971 - December 5, 1971) was one of the first major engagements in the Western Sector during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971, fought between assaulting Pakistani forces and Indian defenders at the Indian border post of Longewala, in the Thar Desert of the Rajasthan state in India.

Tank tracks at Longewala. Photographic reconnaissance image taken at the time showing the desperate last minute maneuveres by Pakistani tanks in the Longewala sector. Circles show destroyed Pakistani tanks.

The Indian aircraft attacked the Pakistani ground troops with the 16 Matra T-10 rockets and 30 mm cannon fire on each aircraft. Without support from the Pakistan Air Force, which was busy elsewhere, the tanks and other armoured vehicles were easy targets for the IAF's Hunters. The range of the 12.7 mm anti-aircraft heavy machine guns mounted on the tanks was limited and therefore ineffective against the Indian jets.

our Tank crews had give their best to hit any IAF Hunters, and one commander could do it, but not enough to destroy the IAF jet...........

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/mnpakistan11ph050375969.jpg/]
mnpakistan11ph050375969.jpg

I will post the solution later now I must go to my work ;9

I think it would be far batter if we modify SD-10 for Ground to Air strikes..

Like AMRAAM Ground to Air Mobiles....
catm_120c_amraam_p1230119.jpg

amraam_Advanced_Medium_Range_Air-to-Air_Missile_Humvee_United_States_American_Raytheon_001.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Look at the Sensor at the top of the Truck................It can be linked with AWACS and JetFighters like JF17

8df4ba5d-14f0-475c-84ce-b2c8aca918fb.Large.jpg

I think it would be far batter if we modify SD-10 for Ground to Air strikes..

Like AMRAAM Ground to Air Mobiles....
catm_120c_amraam_p1230119.jpg

amraam_Advanced_Medium_Range_Air-to-Air_Missile_Humvee_United_States_American_Raytheon_001.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Look at the Sensor at the top of the Truck................It can be linked with AWACS and JetFighters like JF17

8df4ba5d-14f0-475c-84ce-b2c8aca918fb.Large.jpg

correct - there is a detailed article in the WMD section suggesting the use of the SD-10 as a SAM system.

hahahhaha imran bhai tractor ko bhi army na nahe choda jhugar karna ma pakistan mahir ha hahahah

it is good idea to instal some medium range SAM on APC and also if we buy small vehicles from china like humvee we can also instal our ANZA on them too cost efective too

HIT is already manufacturing a a land based aire defence vehicle based on APC Talha named APC MOUZ.

It is based on the Talha APC, armed with either the RBS 70 or Anza I/II air-defence missile systems. The missile firing unit on the roof is retracted into the cabin for reloading.

Mouz.jpg

m113-mouz-image01.jpg

one APC modle is also modified to carry baktar Shikan Anti-Tank-Missile. it is named MAAZ

Back
Top Bottom