What's new

IDEAS 2012 Pakistan International Defence (Nov 7-11)

u7orH.jpg

EmUO0.jpg

gPmZR.jpg

Shahpar made by GIDS

:: GIDS - SHAHPAR ::

The air weapons complex is working on a long range tactical UAV called the Shahpar, which is basically a super version of its Bravo drone.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/10683/the-flawed-drones-deal/

What are you talking about? What means it means Tell me??

Made a joke. Female Staff staring at JF-17 and title says "Foreigners checking out JF-17"

Hey "v9s" which EO/IO sensor is that??? is it domestically produced??? As far as I remember Pakistan was using StarSaphirIII on Falco UAV but this sensor doesn't look like that

Most of my friends who are in the business of defense procurement have not attended IDEAS 2012 (many of them pulled out) simply because of the reason that there is absolutely no point to do that! IDEAS 2012 has become a monotonous exhibition having no element of interest for real defense contractors and professionals. To add to the disappointment, our state enterprises are also in a state of dormancy whereas selling the military equipment. These state behemoths have NO IDEA on how to sell such equipment as they think that simply because they have made it, others will buy! Well in the real world it does not happen like that and IDEAS can go own tooting its own horn but it will continue to fail in its purpose in the future also unless it does three most important things that are essential to a successful defense exhibitions i.e 1. Change the Exhibition Venue, 2. Give REAL commercial incentives to local private companies to participate in the said exhibition, & 3. Trump up the commercial aspect of the exhibition by inviting the local heads of private defense contracting and management companies to address the guests instead of inviting retired useless Generals who are incapable of even knowing what are the real issues in the entire process of defense manufacturing and sales. Unless this is done, IDEAS will slowly die its own death and even local professionals would not support it!

Most of my friends who are in the business of defense procurement have not attended IDEAS 2012 (many of them pulled out) simply because of the reason that there is absolutely no point to do that! IDEAS 2012 has become a monotonous exhibition having no element of interest for real defense contractors and professionals. To add to the disappointment, our state enterprises are also in a state of dormancy whereas selling the military equipment. These state behemoths have NO IDEA on how to sell such equipment as they think that simply because they have made it, others will buy! Well in the real world it does not happen like that and IDEAS can go own tooting its own horn but it will continue to fail in its purpose in the future also unless it does three most important things that are essential to a successful defense exhibitions i.e 1. Change the Exhibition Venue, 2. Give REAL commercial incentives to local private companies to participate in the said exhibition, & 3. Trump up the commercial aspect of the exhibition by inviting the local heads of private defense contracting and management companies to address the guests instead of inviting retired useless Generals who are incapable of even knowing what are the real issues in the entire process of defense manufacturing and sales. Unless this is done, IDEAS will slowly die its own death and even local professionals would not support it!

well said

this time ideas doesnt seem as crowded as in the past..nt even the public industry has shown there full weapons.
i dnt knw when will we understand that retired army personal should bt never hired for anything.
they dnt know anything.

venue should be changed to ISLAMABAD

Hey "v9s" which EO/IO sensor is that??? is it domestically produced??? As far as I remember Pakistan was using StarSaphirIII on Falco UAV but this sensor doesn't look like that

Domestically produced EO sensor payload for Shahpar UAV.

yaar yeah kia mazaq he skybolt

320 pictures peh itni topi

uff Allah, bohut topi he yeh banda :cheesy:

Domestically produced EO sensor payload for Shahpar UAV.

hey v9s, whats the drone with written figues of SHA 11 802 ?

There is no defense production in Pakistan. Only state controlled enterprises that are manned by thick headed military academy officers who were taught nothing about foreign policy, sales and production. They were taught how to fight, but seems like they have forgotten that as well. You want to revamp the Armed forces and defense industry in Pakistan? Change that 19th century curriculum being taught in military schools. I didn't go to IDEAS 2012 as i am not in Karachi. But i did go to Farnborough International Airshow this year, and i was blown away by the way these big companies do business.

Having lived abroad for so many years now, i do realize that most of my Pakistani brethren live in a bubble. The world is totally cut throat and different to what we feel in our little bubbles back home. I mean think about it, that David Cameron is to be on a trip to UAE to sell the Typhoons to replace the ageing Mirage and Saudia Arabia is planing on a second order. In this part of the world, country heads take stance for their local industry.

yaar yeah kia mazaq he skybolt

320 pictures peh itni topi

uff Allah, bohut topi he yeh banda :cheesy:

hey v9s, whats the drone with written figues of SHA 11 802 ?

ager Wait kar saktay hoo to karo warna Khud IDEAS aajao...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom