What's new

IAF WC Darryl Castelino's funeral service pictures.

Shabz Nist

Reaction score
Country
India
The burial took place at the cemetery of Our Lady of Egypt Church in Kalina, suburban Mumbai. The funeral was attended by Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Indian Air Force officers, Darryl's family and friends.

funeral-2_350_063013082018.jpg

funeral-7_063013081738.jpg

funeral-5_063013081738.jpg

funeral-1_063013081738.jpg

Join the force like me: IAF officer's last words to his nephew

Some men are born to greatness. Others carve their path to it. Darryl Castelino is an example of the latter. “I want you to join the Indian Air Force” were the last words his nephew Mariyl heard him say, when the Wing Commander of MI-17 chopper called him on June 17.

Darryl had called to congratulate him for his performance in his class 10 exams, and urged him to work hard in order to join the Air Force, just like him. The pilot of the ill-fated chopper, which crashed in Uttarakhand during rescue operations, obviously took great pride in his work and wanted his nephew to follow in his footsteps.

Join the force like me: IAF officer's last words to his nephew

Your memories will live in hearts of ordinary countrymen like me. For the people you saved from certain death, you were Gaurdian Angel. May God grant you eternal peace!

Salute to you soldier

3a9f4e97-9ccf-4bf8-8b0a-2a212cb8f1deHiRes.JPG

Inko bahar hi rakho is thread se...lets not spoil this thread by posting pics of greedy people behind money.

They are only good for wearing uniforms and posing in front of the cam...when it comes to services needing them then they show their true colours...and they want Sukhoi ride..This is not your ferrari man...you have to earn your ride in a Sukhoi not beg for it.

i was there for the funeral and even got a video of the guard of honour but the feed is crappy as i shot it on my mobile camera

Back
Top Bottom