What's new

IAF successfully fires long-range air-to-air missile ” MICA” from upgraded Mirage-2000

what about the engine? i remember stephen saying its brand new when i said it isn't but upgraded.
for $40 million each thats way to much i wont be suprised to find arabs thinking theres something wrong here. i smell a rat, a big one. what justfies a an upgrade that cost so much you can buy a brand new fighter jet. not even the structure of the aircraft is not upgraded. i wont be suprised to lean the frame goes before the avionics. them being deployed in the kashmir region that would give them a beating too. sure it can fly there just fine but the toll on the frame is increased due to the harshness of the environment.
i know this is not the thread but you seem to be the right guy i guess.
dassault publicly said the service rate is guaranteed to be at least 75% now is that percentage only if it flies a certain number of hours up to the point where there need a check up. or is that you can fly for as long as you want and the rate would still be 75%.

The Mirage upgrade didn't face tough negotiations from Indian side primarily due to Indian insistence on France turning down JF-17 avionics package. However, the upgrade is quite lengthy and complex. While no structural changes are made, structural repair cannot be over-ruled considering the intense mode of operation they went through.

As for the 75% clause, there are several sub-clauses. It's the same even for Rafale.
It's like you get minimum 75% serviceability; if

1. You don't exceed xx airframe hours in xx days
2. You don't exceed xx flight cycles in xx days
3. You perform the service check in xx days
4. You ensure xx number of Type-rated technicians and engineers are available in the Base.
5. All necessary tooling is maintained at the Base.
X. ..........

The list goes on, there is a never a blind promise of any figures without sub clauses. Otherwise it's easy to extract penalty from the OEMs. Just make a maintenance team of all rookies and you will have your initial aircraft's taking twice longer for maintenance and the serviceability rate of 75% kaput.

Good Day!

Back
Top Bottom