What's new

IAF plans to put LCA Tejas in combat role by 2017

There is indeed no looking back. Tejas will fly and practice against the best of Western and Eastern aviation which will only make it better.

The one advantage that it inherently has is its LOW Wing loading and the rate of climb
High ITR which is very useful for close combat to get behind the enemy and fire an AAM

The IAF would find it very useful when they start using it

And how does women flying tejas makes them equal to men? I think they will fly the mki or the raffys which are more potent aircraft.

Rookie or not does it matter if they fly in tejas or some other aircraft? It doesn't for us but for our media somehow it does matter.

Without BVR and mid air refuelling their is going to be no FOC. Hopefully mk1a doesnt suffer because of this.
Bhai it is going to attain bvr capabilities by end of 2016 or early 2017

Bcoz every country wants to compare their capabilities against their adversaries

They asserted that Tejas, which still has at least 19, mostly related to maintenance and easier operations, of the 43 deficiencies that the force had highlighted earlier, is "one of the exceptional single-engine fighter aircraft in the world".

A girl with 43 personality and cosmetic flaws is being deemed as one of the exceptional contender IAF would marry. Either hide those flaws from the public or admit you are honest and inducting a less than desirable platform. Mixing them both only makes you look funny.

But obviously, you don't have to listen to me. Indians are welcome to admit flaws and call it "exceptional" at the same time. I am totally cool with the contradictions you choose to live with. :angel:

A girl with 43 personality and cosmetic flaws is being deemed as one of the exceptional contender IAF would marry. Either hide those flaws from the public or admit you are honest and inducting a less than desirable platform. Mixing them both only makes you look funny.

But obviously, you don't have to listen to me. Indians are welcome to admit flaws and call it "exceptional" at the same time. I am totally cool with the contradictions you choose to live with. :angel:

Can you list out from the so called "Flaws" that's life threatening and/or limits the mission capability? The flaws that you pointed out are the standards set by the IAF from its ever changing series. If it were really flaws it wouldn't have been flying with an IOC.

Its not possible to address all these upgrades on a single product, there is no such thing as a finished product. Evolution happens over a period of time and IAF has to accept it and look forward to upgrading the platform to the standards required rather buying the upgraded ones.

You are right LCA should not be compared with JF-17, rather J-10 is the right candidate.

No, you are wrong LCA should not be compared with J-10, rather F-22 is the right candidate..

Because both are a single engine light fighters developed indigenously by India and somewhat indigenously by Pakistan.
wow.. When did LCA became indigenously developed by india..

And both the country shares enmity from the time of independence which is still the biggest hurdle between them to have a peaceful relations.

why you are not compare LCA with IAI Kfir, M2K, Mirage F1, Mirage 3/5, KAI FA-50, Mig-27, Atlas Cheeta, Tiger

Can you list out from the so called "Flaws" that's life threatening and/or limits the mission capability? The flaws that you pointed out are the standards set by the IAF from its ever changing series. If it were really flaws it wouldn't have been flying with an IOC.

Its not possible to address all these upgrades on a single product, there is no such thing as a finished product. Evolution happens over a period of time and IAF has to accept it and look forward to upgrading the platform to the standards required rather buying the upgraded ones.

Why do you want to learn flaws from me? Would you even believe me if I tell you about those? And why would you not get them from the article itself and words from your own IAF? If they are not flaws, stop calling them falws. If there are flaws, stop terming your "creation" as exceptional. But even if you don't agree and insist with flaws things are "exceptional" then sure, go ahead. Just assume no one is laughing and Tejas is prettier than IAF wanted.

Bhai it is going to attain bvr capabilities by end of 2016 or early 2017

Bcoz every country wants to compare their capabilities against their adversaries
For the sake of IAF and its depleting squadron strength lets us hope that it does.
wow.. When did LCA became indigenously developed by india..
Since the day we designed it, worked in its development and the day it first flew till now when it is going to be inducted in a squadron in IAF.

why you are not compare LCA with IAI Kfir, M2K, Mirage F1, Mirage 3/5, KAI FA-50, Mig-27, Atlas Cheeta, Tiger
Because we didn't have adversaries with either Israel, France or Russia.

Why do you want to learn flaws from me? Would you even believe me if I tell you about those? And why would you not get them from the article itself and words from your own IAF? If they are not flaws, stop calling them falws. If there are flaws, stop terming your "creation" as exceptional. But even if you don't agree and insist with flaws things are "exceptional" then sure, go ahead. Just assume no one is laughing and Tejas is prettier than IAF wanted.
apart from every thing else thing is LCA is a point defnce multi role fighter to replace Mig21 & Mig27 and even in its current form its better than both of them with respect to low RCS , better radar and avionicks and weapons pakage ,engine , Digital FBR and load carrying capacity and better range than Mig21 we have

as for those laughing at it well there are only two kinds of people who laugh at others potential weapons

1. super powers who have more than better at present than that potential weapon which its client is trying to develop

2. enemy nation of the nation state which trying to develop that weapon as its petrified with that potential weapon and its capabilities and do not want to face it in times of war with that nation

rest you can speculate yourself why you think LCA is a laughing stalk for you people :sarcastic:

apart from every thing else thing is LCA is a point defnce multi role fighter to replace Mig21 & Mig27 and even in its current form its better than both of them with respect to low RCS , better radar and avionicks and weapons pakage ,engine , Digital FBR and load carrying capacity and better range than Mig21 we have

as for those laughing at it well there are only two kinds of people who laugh at others potential weapons

1. super powers who have more than better at present than that potential weapon which its client is trying to develop

2. enemy nation of the nation state which trying to develop that weapon as its petrified with that potential weapon and its capabilities and do not want to face it in times of war with that nation

rest you can speculate yourself why you think LCA is a laughing stalk for you people :sarcastic:

Funny what excuses you coin to hide your "pride". But why don't you write your arguments to IAF or people who identify 43 flaws in it? Or may be you should write your "point dense fighter" post to IAF and tell me what they should use this fighter for.

But minus your take, looking at the OP and the story which is under discussion, it is pretty darn amusing. Despite LCA being "state of the art" it is also an "exceptional" fighter - yet 43 flaws are decorating its face. :)

Funny what excuses you coin to hide your "pride". But why don't you write your arguments to IAF or people who identify 43 flaws in it? Or may be you should write your "point dense fighter" post to IAF and tell me what they should use this fighter for.

But minus your take, looking at the OP and the story which is under discussion, it is pretty darn amusing. Despite LCA being "state of the art" it is also an "exceptional" fighter - yet 43 flaws are decorating its face. :)
there are even flaws in Su35,F16s or F18s or for that matter even F35 and F22 but still air forces use them and thats why so much fuss is made about "maintainence and spares and service costs" same for LCA ... there is not such thing as a flaw less and ready fighter jet

now why IAF was reluctant to go for it well cause they wanted expensive french fighter like M2K to replace Mig21 and Mig27s of IAF as dint had the provilage to go for american fighters and these same IAF top brass always lowered the bar both for M2K and even Su30 and Mig29 when they were not even ready and count fire even there cannons properlly but wanted everything falwless in LCA cause most of them and MOD baboons and corrupt politicans were used to kick backs and "perks" associated with them hence IAF with help of MOD baboons and politicans kept raising the bar for LCA every time it ADA suceeded in the last set of demands

same what had happened with arjun tank as MOD baboons , IA top generals and politicans kept sctulling arjun while lowering the bar to suite T90 and sometimes even sabotaged the trail runs of arjun so much so DRDO staryted using "black box" on arjun

but with new nationiltic govt at centre now they had no choice as new government has straight forward agenda of making indegenour weapons a sucsess and no corruption ......

as NaMo often says "NAA KHAOONGA NA KHAANE DOONGA" Got It :azn:

Last edited:

The same air force considers LCA Tejas on par or better than the jets in its class. So does that mean the other jets have flaws too? The flaw is not in the make of the aircraft but, in its inability to meet certain aspects of requrement of the air force.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom