What's new

IAF kicks off contest to make single-engine fighters in India

if we are buying single engine Fighters .. then F 16 with heavy customization is the ideal choice.

It's the lack of money- not lack of motivation.
Smaller countries e.g. Sri Lanka buy planes in few numbers, there over all requirement is not so big....If we have financial problem...a better approach would have been buying planes in smaller numbers..i literally mean in single digit number...what would be the benefit???it won't exert much economic pressure on our budget but it would have given us a direction that which plane are we going to buy...Look at F-16..after almost 30 yrs we have only 70+ of them n look at Su-30 india started to buy them in small number..n check that figure today...that is how u plan in your limited resources..Just buying 2nd hand stuff is not gonna help us..n now an other surprise...India might be making F-16 in india which would be advanced t our entire fleet....so where is the planning here????

Rafale was evaluated but didn't proceed due to some reasons ( i wouldn't dig that) but joint development of FC-1 was one of it.
But it was known that sooner or later a decision will be finally made in favour of rafael.

Smaller countries e.g. Sri Lanka buy planes in few numbers, there over all requirement is not so big....If we have financial problem...a better approach would have been buying planes in smaller numbers..i literally mean in single digit number...what would be the benefit???it won't exert much economic pressure on our budget but it would have given us a direction that which plane are we going to buy...Look at F-16..after almost 30 yrs we have only 70+ of them n look at Su-30 india started to buy them in small number..n check that figure today...that is how u plan in your limited resources..Just buying 2nd hand stuff is not gonna help us..n now an other surprise...India might be making F-16 in india which would be advanced t our entire fleet....so where is the planning here????

But it was known that sooner or later a decision will be finally made in favour of rafael.

u think a company would open up a production line jsut for the 'small number' of jets( with no guarantees that you would ever have the financial ability to followup with more orders)that u intend to buy 1 at a time? the world doesnt work that way buddy

u think a company would open up a production line jsut for the 'small number' of jets( with no guarantees that you would ever have the financial ability to followup with more orders)that u intend to buy 1 at a time? the world doesnt work that way buddy
if u r buying off- the shelf than yes buying .8-9 aircrafts doesn't sound bad...pak was looking for 8 f-16 fom USA
But if u r going to have a production line, then u don't stop at small numbers..u begin with small numbers n gradually increase them...just like we did in case of jf-17..Sril lanka doesn't produce it buys jets..that's the difference...going with small numbers. n again look at SU-30 india started to buy with small numbers n now they r making many parts in india

Ahh but I was talking about Tejas vs JF-17 on a complete level playing field. The JF-17 certainly has its up's also but for the technical bit it has certainly taken a beating.

/

never disagreed with that part, was only putting my point across

Ohh yes since you mentioned the J10's, pak is suppose to buy some of them which might come sooner because of India and Rafale deal.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/940080/pakistan-may-be-first-buyer-of-chinas-j-10-fighter-jets-expert/

No j10 as for now, PAF is fully committed with Jf17 and its blocks.

Back
Top Bottom