What's new

IAF chief lying, suppressing the truth : Congress

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
timesofindia.indiatimes.com
Rafale deal: Congress leader Moily accuses IAF chief of lying, suppressing the truth - Times of India

3-4 minutes

NEW DELHI: A day after Air Chief Marshal B S Dhanoa said that the Supreme Court has given a "fine judgment" on the Rafale jet deal, senior Congress leader Veerappa Moily on Thursday accused the IAF chief of "lying and suppressing the truth".

"In government records, the defence ministry and IAF chief wanted HAL to be involved. IAF chief at that time visited HAL with Dassault and found it (HAL) competent and declared that they have the expertise. I think IAF chief (Dhanoa) is not fine, he is lying, he is suppressing the truth," Moily was quoted as saying by news agency ANI.

Veerappa Moily, Congress: In govt records, Defence Ministry & IAF Chief wanted HAL to be involved. IAF Chief at tha… https://t.co/pdoX7afvIN

— ANI (@ani) 1545295277000
Moily's remarks follows Congress' allegations that the Modi government had favored Anil Ambani's Reliance Defence as Dassault Aviation's offset partner in place of state-owned Hindustan Aeronautical Limited.

The Congress has also alleged irregularities in the deal for 36 aircraft, claiming that the government is buying them from France at a price much higher than the one that was being negotiated by the previous UPA government.

Slamming Moily, BJP MP Subramanian Swamy said the Congress leader's remarks were not just a personal insult to the Air Force chief but to the nation. He asked Moily to issue a public apology.

67168851.cms

Rafale deal should not be politicised: IAF chief
Giving an example of Bofors deal by Indian Army, Air Chief Marshal B S Dhanoa, “Ask the army what happened to them in Bofors. After how much time, they could induct the gun. So, if any equipment is politicized, it has an effect on the procurement process. Politicisation of every security issue adversely effects modernisation of the armed forces.".

Moily, however, retracted his remarks later.

"The question is, is he justifying it on the basis of the Supreme Court judgement which is flawed? In the light of this, whether the IAF chief can again certify that this is fine. I am asking him that question. I never called him a liar. If this HAL is fine ... Both of them cannot be fine," Moily said.

“I am not going to comment on the judgment but the Supreme Court has given a very fine judgment. It has also said that this plane is badly needed,” Dhanoa had said yesterday.

He had also cautioned against politicisation of defence purchases, suggesting that this had earlier led to the delay in the Army acquiring the Bofors guns.

Last week, the Supreme Court had dismissed petitions seeking a probe into the multi-billion dollar jet deal.

"There was no substantial evidence of commercial favouritism to any private entity," the bench headed by Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi said on the issue of an offset partner in its ruling on a batch of petitions.

(With inputs from agencies)

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...gress-veerappa-moily/articleshow/67176956.cms

Nice. Now forces chiefs pants are pulled down in India. :D

We own the forces, it's not the other way round in India, unlike in Pakistan. No one is above law and in a democracy everyone has a right to give his opinion

Moily is a clown. Even HAL admitted that they are not as productive as Dassault.

Nice. Now forces chiefs pants are pulled down in India. :D

hahahahahahah.......please check what opposition political party is saying about Imran from 1st day as being PM.

If you just believe on opposition political party than start from your home .....My friend.

everyone is lying there, their Govt , Media BSF and Army, so why not Air Chief ?

No one is above the law and valid criticism

By the looks of it, and if congress attack on IAF chief is true, the IAF chief is indeed above the law as court gave him clean chit.

We own the forces, it's not the other way round in India, unlike in Pakistan. No one is above law and in a democracy everyone has a right to give his opinion

I hope you keep on pulling the pants down of your services chief out in open. so who is next? Pippin or Naval chief?

And if Congress allegations are true and indeed BullShite Dhanoa did lie in court, then it goes to show how pathetic the rule of law is in India which cannot distinguish what is right and wrong.

hahahahahahah.......please check what opposition political party is saying about Imran from 1st day as being PM.

If you just believe on opposition political party than start from your home .....My friend.

Bharti, IK is not a services chief . LOL

The confirmation bias among some pdf pakistanis is hilarious.

Suddenly anything that Congress says without even an iota of proof is 'pathar ki lakeer' ?

Rahul Gandhi only some time ago was saying, that BJP oughtn't boast about surgical strikes as during UPA's time Congress didn't boast when they gave permission for several surgical strikes.

You lot believe congress now as well?

Back
Top Bottom