What's new

I love Imran Khan, story of a polio effected Ali from Battagram

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Imran’s stance on polio vaccination ‘sets him apart’

To a young, polio-stricken man from Battagram, Imran Khan’s stance on polio immunisation is what sets him apart from the rest.

It is his support for this stance that brought Sardar Ali to the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) anti-rigging rally at D-Chowk, Islamabad.

“Though I have some reservations about Imran Khan’s rhetoric on electoral rigging, I believe he is better than others in the country,” he said.

The 26-year-old, from the Battagram district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK), said he was not a PTI activist, but had joined the rally to voice his anger against the ruling PML-N government, which has failed to address the basic problems of the people of Pakistan.

“How can we sit in our homes when hours of load-shedding, growing inflation and a worsening law and order situation have paralysed our lives,” he questioned.

“All major political parties, including Imran Khan’s PTI, should be aware that the entire nation is disappointed… They [politicians] have to perform… otherwise people will not rely on them in the next election.”

Ali currently lives with his brother at the Fauji Colony in Pirwadhai.

“Due to a shortage of public vans today, I got a lift from a biker from Pirwadhai to Double Road, after which I began walking on my crutches,” he told Dawn at the Faizabad entry point, where he joined his cousin, Mohammad Zaib.

Instead of waiting for a lift, both youngsters kept walking towards D-Chowk. “I hope someone will give us lift to the venue… otherwise we will reach there on foot, but we can’t waste time waiting for a lift,” said Zaib.

Talking about his affliction, Ali said he was five years old when he was struck by polio.

“Had I been immunised, my left leg could have been saved,” he said, and requested that parents around the country immunise their children against the disease.

“I love Imran Khan because of his bold stance to eradicate polio,” he said and added that those attacking polio workers are doing an injustice to humanity.

10313541_736656553043434_2276219573430065527_n.jpg

10313868_736656579710098_7563226660224731044_n.jpg

At Imran Khan's residence...

Ali is not even member or supporter of PTI, but he experiences what polio is, thats why he has come all the way from Battagram to make a point to join PTI protest, not in support of PTI but against the ruthless pmln !

N is spreading polio in KPK? You doesn't make any sense must of the times. Anyway army have started giving polio drops in North Waziristan, problem is no one can force people to take it. Even terrorists in North Waziristan now are asking for polio drops for their childrens, hypocrates!

Back
Top Bottom