What's new

I had access to Yuvraj and Bhajji, claims Mazhar Majeed

JonAsad

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

The cricket agent Mazhar Majeed, who is at the centre of spot-fixing allegations, came up with a series of boasts to the undercover journalist who posed as an Indian businessman.

Pic/AFP

Majeed also claimed that he had several Pakistan players under his control, including Salman Butt, brothers Kamran and Umar Akmal, and Shoaib Malik and had access to other star cricketers like Chris Gayle, Brett Lee, Ricky Ponting, Harbhajan Singh and Yuvraj Singh, espncricinfo reported.

He also told journalist Mazhar Mahmood that he "very well" knew Hollywood actor Brad Pitt, Swiss tennis champion Roger Federer and was "good friends" with former England cricketers Mike Gatting, Phil Tufnell, Geoffrey Boycott, Pakistan ex-skipper Imran Khan and former Indian Premier League (IPL) commissioner Lalit Modi, among others, a court in London heard.

Majeed's bragging was heard in a recording while Mahmood was in the witness box at Southwark Crown Court in central London, on the fourth day of the trial of Pakistan cricketers Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif, who have been charged with conspiracy to obtain and accept corrupt payments and conspiracy to cheat following the Lord's Test in August. The two have denied the charges.

The boasting raised smiles of disbelief in the court as Majeed was heard to claim he owned seven ice cream parlours - which he has Pakistan players to appear at for free - and bragged how he lived at different times in Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Malaysia and Turkey as he studied religion and gave lectures.

The court heard Majeed saying he was reluctant to work with former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi because "you have to kiss his arse every day". He also boasted of turning down the chance of being part of the Oscar winning movie 'Slumdog Millionaire'.

Majeed said he worked closely with the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and said he had a meeting with chairman Ijaz Butt about holding a domestic tournament.

"I had a meeting with Ijaz Butt about doing a domestic tournament. What we were going to do was look at putting a sponsor with each region and do a Twenty20 league because Pakistani people are not getting any cricket to watch. They will come in droves."

^^ i think he is just bragging-

He also claimed relationships with Arsenal.The English would be pissed off.

I m waiting for comments from boycott, Imran khan, ponting, gayle likes..

He also claimed relationships with Arsenal.The English would be pissed off.

I m waiting for comments from boycott, Imran khan, ponting, gayle likes..
I believe they are too dignified to even respond.

Well he is bragging- the point of the thread is to include Pakistani players in his bragging part aswell- He is bragging about them aswell-

You just cannot single out Pakistani players and take them to the court based on his bragging- bring the indians- aussies- the actors- all of them- book them in-

I believe they are too dignified to even respond.

you cant say the same on Boycott.. He will open his mouth for sure.

English are a pride lot.

By dragging big names he expects the case to die of.

you cant say the same on Boycott.. He will open his mouth for sure.

English are a pride lot.

By dragging big names he expects the case to die of.

Yeah, but none of them would want to respond to him, as he sounds like a nut job.

Also no player would want to incriminate himself by even responding to such accusations.

Indian Players are Swimming into money pool...They don need to go for all those craps.

Indian Players are Swimming into money pool...They don need to go for all those craps.

Have u seen the priZe money for champions T20 winners and runner ups... Its damn too high... the money paid is overly high while other sports are neglected.

Also news reports suggest that Pakistani players may feature in the coming IPL.

Afridi and akhtar should have been cautious.

IPL 2012: Pakistan players' participation in IPL to be discussed, says Rajiv Shukla | Cricket News | Indian Premier League | ESPN Cricinfo

Have u seen the priZe money for champions T20 winners and runner ups... Its damn too high... the money paid is overly high while other sports are neglected.

Also news reports suggest that Pakistani players may feature in the coming IPL.

Afridi and akhtar should have been cautious.

IPL 2012: Pakistan players' participation in IPL to be discussed, says Rajiv Shukla | Cricket News | Indian Premier League | ESPN Cricinfo

Now I believe Afridi and akhtar will be big looser.

now where is ICC code of conduct and harron logart BCCI ***** lorgat why dont he bring thesse two to hearing

Back
Top Bottom