surya kiran

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Ok....first I thought this is some kind of joke...but it's for real :woot:

'I am Chelsea Manning,' says jailed soldier formerly known as Bradley

Bradley-Manning-008.jpg

Chelsea Manning thanked her supporters for helping to 'keep me strong' during her arrest and trial and for funding her defense. Photograph: AP Photo/US army

The US soldier who was sentenced as Bradley Manning on Wednesday plans to undergo hormone therapy and has asked to be recognised as a woman.

In a statement on Thursday Manning said she would like to be known as Chelsea E Manning and be referred to by female pronouns.

"As I transition into this next phase of my life, I want everyone to know the real me," she wrote.

"I am Chelsea Manning. I am a female. Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible. I hope that you will support me in this transition."

Manning was sentenced to 35 years in prison on Wednesday for leaking hundreds of thousands of classified documents. She was found guilty of 20 counts, six of them under the Espionage Act, but her lawyers argued during the trial that Manning was acting out of a sense of duty to her country.

"I also request that, starting today, you refer to me by my new name and use the feminine pronoun (except in official mail to the confinement facility)," Manning's statement read. "I look forward to receiving letters from supporters and having the opportunity to write back."

She thanked her supporters for helping to "keep me strong" during her arrest and trial and for funding her defense.

During her trial it emerged that Manning had emailed a picture of herself, wearing a long blonde wig and lipstick, to her supervisor. In the subject line Manning had written: "My Problem".

Manning's lawyers argued that this was an example of how the soldier's supervisors failed her on numerous occasions and contributed to the stress she was under.

"The stress that [she] was under was mostly to give context to what was going on at the time," Manning's lawyer, David Coombs, told NBC's Today show on Thursday.

"It was never an excuse because that's not what drove [her] actions. What drove [her] actions was a strong moral compass."

Manning has already spent three and a half years in prison awaiting trial. Her sentence was reduced by 112 days in January after a judge ruled she had been subjected to excessively harsh treatment in military detention.

Coombs has confirmed that Manning will spend her sentence at Fort Leavenworth military prison, however a spokeswoman for the prison said this week that treatment for inmates at the prison does not include hormone therapy.

"All inmates are considered soldiers and are treated as such with access to mental health professionals, including a psychiatrist, psychologist, social workers and behavioral science noncommissioned officers with experience in addressing the needs of military personnel in pre- and post-trial confinement," Kimberly Lewis told Courthouse News Service.

"The army does not provide hormone therapy or sex-reassignment surgery for gender identity disorder."

Coombs said on Thursday that he is "hoping" that Fort Leavenworth "would do the right thing" and provide hormone therapy.

"If Fort Leavenworth does not, then I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure they are forced to do so."

'I am Chelsea Manning,' says jailed soldier formerly known as Bradley | World news | theguardian.com

Ok this is weird.Bad things might have happened to him/her in jail to lead to this.:what:

He always looked like a little faag.

I've met plenty of'em during my time in ROTC.

Short, tiny, quiet, and faggy! Why did he even join the military??

The word "fa-g" refers to homosexuals. This person is a pre-op transgender. Not a homosexual.

aint no difference :usflag:

(lol)

Yep, there is. Big difference.

You sound like that stereotype of the ignorant American, who is the butt of all jokes like this one:

Alex: hi
Chu: hi
Alex: name?
Chu: Chu wu at your service
Alex: Alexander Goldberg
Chu: whats up?
Alex: you know, i never forgave you koreans for attacking pearl harbor
Chu: uh.. im Chinese and that was the japanese who attacked it
Alex: Chinese, Japanese, korean.. whats the difference..
Chu: ...........
Chu: You Serious?
Alex: Yeah
Chu: ....
Chu: you know, i never forgave you jews for sinking the Titanic
Alex: That was an Iceberg..
Chu: Goldberg, Greenberg, iceberg... Whats the difference.

Goldberg, Greenberg, Iceberg. What's the difference? on Bordom.net

Yep, there is. Big difference.

You sound like that stereotype of the ignorant American

You sound like the stereotypical Indian immigrant. You seem not to understand sarcasm, even when a "lol" in parentheses is clearly posted at the bottom of a comment.

Go back to India please. Everyone there is clearly far more intelligent than us lowly Americans. You guys clearly have a more prosperous and innovative people than us pathetic Americans (I mean we only invented the aeroplane, spacecraft, and the internet; you guys invented a numeral system that no one else was ever capable of inventing). (lol, again.)

You sound like the stereotypical Indian immigrant. You seem not to understand sarcasm, even when a "lol" in parentheses is clearly posted at the bottom of a comment.

Go back to India please. Everyone there is clearly far more intelligent than us lowly Americans. You guys clearly have a more prosperous and innovative people than us pathetic Americans (I mean we only invented the aeroplane, spacecraft, and the internet; you guys invented a numeral system that no one else was ever capable of inventing). (lol, again.)

Aw, I hurt your feelings, did I? Clearly I hit a nerve. No, what you intended was NOT sarcasm. If it was sarcasm, you wouldn't have made the fa-ag comment earlier, which clearly shows your ignorance of sex and gender issues. And you don't even know what sarcasm is, since you think that an attempted JOKE equates to sarcasm. And while we are on the topic of ignorance, may I also point out that there is no such stereotype of an Indian who doesn't understand sarcasm - and that statement shows that you don't know what a 'stereotype' is, either. Sex, gender,, homosexuality, pre-op and post-op transsexualism, sarcasm, stereotype - my my, what a lot of things you have got to learn.

And btw, YOU did not personally invent all those things listed. Somebody else did, long before you were born. Just because you happen to live in the same country where these innovations took place, does not mean that YOU can take credit for them. It is pathetic to see people trying to take credit for other people's achievements, and take pride in racial or ethnic or national achievements, because they lack any personal accomplishments in real life.

So get out of your couch and do something worthwhile, instead of being an internet warrior and trying to take credit for other people's achievements.

Aw, I hurt your feelings, did I? Clearly I hit a nerve. No, what you intended was NOT sarcasm. If it was sarcasm, you wouldn't have made the fa-ag comment earlier, which clearly shows your ignorance of sex and gender issues. And you don't even know what sarcasm is, since you think that an attempted JOKE equates to sarcasm. And while we are on the topic of ignorance, may I also point out that there is no such stereotype of an Indian who doesn't understand sarcasm - and that statement shows that you don't know what a 'stereotype' is, either. Sex, gender,, homosexuality, pre-op and post-op transsexualism, sarcasm, stereotype - my my, what a lot of things you have got to learn.

And btw, YOU did not personally invent all those things listed. Somebody else did, long before you were born. Just because you happen to live in the same country where these innovations took place, does not mean that YOU can take credit for them. It is pathetic to see people trying to take credit for other people's achievements, and take pride in racial or ethnic or national achievements, because they lack any personal accomplishments in real life.

So get out of your couch and do something worthwhile, instead of being an internet warrior and trying to take credit for other people's achievements.

Can we all not just live in peace?

Back
Top Bottom