What's new

Hurray for the Pakistani Army's new attacks on terrorist hideouts

American Eagle

MILITARY PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am pleased to provide the following information new, current Pakitani Army actions on the Pakistani-Afghan border which is getting results knocking out terrorists and their training camps and hideouts.

The Washington Post

22,000 Pakistanis flee fighting near Afghan border

By HABIB KHAN
The Associated Press
Friday, February 4, 2011; 2:24 AM

KHAR, Pakistan -- About 22,000 Pakistani villagers have fled military operations against Islamist militants in a tribal region near the Afghan border, a government administrator and the army said Friday.

The offensive, involving aerial bombing, artillery and ground troops, began Jan. 27 in Mohmand, said Roshan Khan Mehsud, the region's government representative. He said nearly 100 insurgents had been killed so far, and there had been "some casualties" on the army side. He did not mention any civilian casualties.

Pakistan's military has carried out several military operation in the country's remote tribal regions bordering Afghanistan over the last three years. It has claimed to have made decisive gains against the insurgents, though many hundreds of thousands of residents have yet to return. Accounts of civilian casualties are numerous and militant attacks in Pakistan remain routine.

Reporting independently in Mohmand and other border areas is not allowed by the army and highly dangerous.

Mehsud said an estimated 22,000 people had been displaced by the Mohmand operations. They were living in a government building, schools and three camps away from the fighting. He said the United Nations was providing food, water and medical assistance to the people.

Military spokesman Maj. Gen. Athar Abbas confirmed military operations were under way in Mohmand.

"We are targeting militant hideouts there," he said, adding he hoped the displace would soon be able to return.

The United States has been pushing Pakistan to take action against Taliban and al-Qaida hide-outs in the northwest. It says much of the insurgency roiling Afghanistan and claiming the lives of U.S. soldiers stationed there is planned and funded from the Pakistan side of the border.

we will say hurray when american terrorist hideouts are raided...

government must raid the US embassy and US consulates every where in this country and american consulates in afghanistan to ensure, no terrorists are seeking refuge there..

I am pleased to provide the following information new, current Pakitani Army actions on the Pakistani-Afghan border which is getting results knocking out terrorists and their training camps and hideouts.

The Washington Post

22,000 Pakistanis flee fighting near Afghan border

whats to be so proud of?? 22,000 of our people are going/have become idp's while millions from previous operations have yet to return to their homes and in the end Pakistanis are going to die, our economy will suffer, more people will become poor and homeless and that means more recruits for Taliban. this can lead to other serious problems.

Your dark sense of humor overlooks the many things the US is still doing to help save the economy of Pakistan, including recent flood aid, to keep it simple.

There are some old country sayings here in Tennessee and Alabama where I grew up with might describe the attiude you epitomize in your remarks here: "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth." "Be careful what you wish for...as you just might get it!"

But in all seriousness I rely on the fact that we, Jews, Christians, and Muslims are all the children of Abraham and worship the same God on High. That is a sobering fact.

There is a verse in our Old Testament Book of Psalms that I offer up as my prayer for all the people of Pakistan this weekend: Psalms, Chapter 4, verse 8: "I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety." This prayer is also meant for my fellow American Mr. Raymond Allen Davis who is experiencing grim times at present.

Your dark sense of humor overlooks the many things the US is still doing to help save the economy of Pakistan, including recent flood aid, to keep it simple.

There are some old country sayings here in Tennessee and Alabama where I grew up with might describe the attiude you epitomize in your remarks here: "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth." "Be careful what you wish for...as you just might get it!"

But in all seriousness I rely on the fact that we, Jews, Christians, and Muslims are all the children of Abraham and worship the same God on High. That is a sobering fact.

There is a verse in our Old Testament Book of Psalms that I offer up as my prayer for all the people of Pakistan this weekend: Psalms, Chapter 4, verse 8: "I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety." This prayer is also meant for my fellow American Mr. Raymond Allen Davis who is experiencing grim times at present.

American Christian Arab:

YouTube - Bridges to the Future: Fawaz Gerges

Great news hope the army has successful operations against the terrorist forces.

it is sad that these people have to abandon their homes but in the longrun they will be able to live in peace and harmony.

The sacrifices made today are for the children of tomorrow.

sacrifices????.........

and what type type of future we are leaving for children for tomorrow if we are bombing our own houses and children???

how much world war made damage to the present europe?? a country goes back thousands of years with war and millions od years for pakistan just to satisfy american ego..

keep eating mcdonalds in US while our innocent people lose lives or are forced to displace

a US spy has been caught, how many spies are presently trying to make war in pakistan?

sacrifices????.........

and what type type of future we are leaving for children for tomorrow if we are bombing our own houses and children???

A future without Islamic extremism.

how much world war made damage to the present europe?? a country goes back thousands of years with war and millions od years for pakistan just to satisfy american ego..

Look at pictures of the London Blitz.

keep eating mcdonalds in US while our innocent people lose lives or are forced to displace

I prefer Subway or Pizza Hut. It's not like my family doesn't provide thousands in aid every year.

[quotea US spy has been caught, how many spies are presently trying to make war in pakistan?[/QUOTE]

Source.

fox news brain washes american minds, they dont even know they pay taxes just for jews and israelis.. go make a jihad on israel for taking your taxes... for nothing

fox news will one curse on itself for bankrupting holy america

Last edited by a moderator:
Simple American Want Pakistan's DIRECT CONFLICT WITH AFGHANISTAN ..... thats it!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom