What's new

Humanity is no where?

Durrak

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A person dying of hunger and cold on the roadside of a cosmopolitan is a routine dilemma of this ever privileged humanity, but who cares? Every second we multiply in numbers, so what’s bad in losing such a “useless” soul every moment, even on every footpath of a “developed” city?

hunger-300x168.jpg

A child named “unknown” was crawling on a heap of garbage on the side of a busy road in Lahore, while I was driving through for some personal task yesterday. I couldn’t help myself from stopping the car to get to that miserable soul, struggling to get a piece of some food out of that garbage which was actually filled up from the “waste food” of a nearby McDonalds fast-food Restaurant.

The moment I noticed that child (hardly 12 years old) taking a worn-out piece of bread and bone of chicken out of that garbage into his mouth, I tried to stop him from eating that by grabbing his hand upon which he said:

“Kia is per b mera haq nai hai? Yay tu kha lainay du mujay, ya mai is k be kabil nai hon????”
“Do i not even have the right to atleast eat this? Let me eat, am i not even worthy of this???”

After these words from that awful soul, I felt my existence as the worst thing in this world. I looked at my dress which was from the most lucrative brands of the city, my notepad which was nothing more than an extravagant gadget in front of his devastating hunger. My sport series wrist watch was just like the heaviest burden of luxury on my trembling wrist and my so-called outlook of civilized human being (a creation of Allah) petrified me to re-visit my personal as well as my social life.

After those appalling moments, an unveiling chapter of humanity in our lives, I drove to a nearby shrine of Mian Meer in Lahore Cantonment. I was filled up with numerous questions on our social values and priorities. The things which I started noticing from that moment were never on my nerves before.

I entered the shrine which encompassed in a country where millions of homeless sleep on the footpaths.While making ablution I saw khadim’s (caretakers) washing the empty Brenda’s (open space) in such a way as we are the richest nation with infinite water reserves, whereas around 7.2 million people die of either thirst or poisonous drinking water.

Then I moved inside the shrine/tomb and was shuddered to see some people busy in changing the Chaddar (sheet of cloth) and flowers as well as fresh bouquets of roses being placed on the shelves around the tomb, whereas there are people in this same country who are dying of hunger and unable to cover their bodies with cloths. Before leaving the shrine I noticed four split cooling units around the tomb and was amazed to see our uneducated priorities in work.

This is inspite of the fact that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “They are the ones who, when a righteous man among them died, would build a place of worship upon his grave and paint those icons in it. They will be the wickedest of creation in Allah’s sight on the Day of Judgement.” [Sahih Bukhari]

I am not trying to offend anyone but just trying to revamp our priorities bestowed by our Creator as His vicegerent. We should not let His creation die on the roadsides and footpaths as bewildered moths. We should remember the works of such good people, but not on the expense of those who are living their lives in misery just like that “unknown” starving child.

True muslims taught us to love and care for Allah’s creation and they always taught to lead simple lives such as the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) used to sleep and eat on the ground then what does these luxurious tombs reflect in a society where people do not have food to eat and cloth to wear and which are clearly against the teachings of islam???

Alas..! We have forgotten our values of humanity due to which we never noticed such countless “unknowns” dying for food and shelter on the roads every day. We just need to think and revisit our priorities, beliefs and practices before a day where we ourselves and our children might have to die of hunger.

(A true Story)

Hamid Saeed is a Lahore based activist, who has been involved in several projects for the welfare of people. He has also represented Pakistani Youth in several international organizations.

I wish more people would do more for these people...Esp the kids :cray:

We are too busy killing blasphemers, Shias, Ahmadis, Christians etc etc...

We have truly lost our ways, our people think they will get to jannat more quickly when they kill rather than serve humanity. Has killing become so easy in our land....

We are too busy killing blasphemers, Shias, Ahmadis, Christians etc etc...

We have truly lost our ways, our people think they will get to jannat more quickly when they kill rather than serve humanity. Has killing become so easy in our land....

That is the MOST annoying bit about Pakistan....they are more interested in slaughtering each other about petty stuff like if we should do rafadain or not OVER fight against poverty, rubbish education system or inflation!!!

Misguided people! :angry:

There should be a government policy that rich pakistanis should atleast take care of 10 kids that we see on the roads, they could provide for their food, shelter, and even education. There are so many rich pakistani, I dont understand why can't they take of the poor, it is not a hard thing for them to do.

It's the scene even in India. It's not only bad enough when the poor kids get nothing gets my blood boiling when they are exploited. I have seen in many major points in bangalore, the begging mafia getting their stooges on the road with kids in their arms to evoke our sympathy. Turns out the kids are kept under afeem to make sure they don't cry as the adults walk around in the Sun begging with them in their arms.

When people have wealth they don't think about others like our politicians .. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom