What's new

Huawei News and Analyses

[Thailand's] PTT and Huawei Sign MoU to Collaborate on Innovative Technology

PTT-Huawei Innovation Campus to Open at EECi

May 22, 2019

190522-1.jpg

PTT and Huawei MOU Signing Ceremony

[Shenzhen, China, May 22, 2019] Mr. Wittawat Svasti-Xuto (center left), Chief Technology and Engineering Officer, PTT Public Co., Ltd., and Mr. David Sun (center right), Vice President, Enterprise Business Group, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., jointly finalized a Memorandum of Understanding to establish the PTT-Huawei Innovation Campus at the Eastern Economic Corridor for Innovation (EECi) in Thailand. This MoU will explore the collaboration of both companies in areas such as Connectivity, Communication System, Smart Campus, Artificial Intelligence, Video Analytics Solution, Solar Energy and any potential areas for collaboration. Also present during the ceremony in Shenzhen, China, were Mrs. Hongsri Charoenvaravoot (left), Executive Vice President, EECi @ Wangchan Valley Project, PTT Public Co., Ltd., and Mr. Ji Xiang (right), President of Global Energy Industry, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.

190522.jpg

Huawei executives led by Mr. Ji Xiang (11th from left), President of Global Energy Industry welcomed Mr. Siri Jirapongphan (12th from left), Minister of Energy of Thailand, Mr. Krairit Euchukanonchai (13th from left), Chairman of the Board of Directors, PTT Public Company Limited and other executives during the visit to Huawei’s Headquarters in Shenzhen, China.

Huawei 5G unlocks potential of VR in China

(Xinhua) 09:20, May 26, 2019

People experience a Cloud VR game in Shenzhen, south China's Guangdong Province, April 26, 2019. (Xinhua)

BEIJING, May 24 (Xinhua) -- The ongoing International Horticultural Exhibition 2019 Beijing, situated at the foot of the Great Wall, is covered by 5G network provided by Huawei.

With data transferred in real-time via 5G technology, visitors can wear VR glasses to see a bird's-eye view of the 503-hectare park provided by camera-carrying drones.

VR projects are mushrooming in China. Huawei believes that 5G technology will provide its customers with unprecedented experience with new products and services.

Among the 10 5G application cases the Chinese tech giant released earlier in a report titled "5G unlocks a world of opportunities," VR pops up as the first as a "killer" technology.

5G, GAME CHANGER

VR is not a new concept for Chinese. VR arcades and kiosks have been springing up in cities all over the country.

In Beijing, one can spend 100 yuan (about 14.8 U.S. dollars) to play the latest VR game Beat Saber for three rounds at VR kiosks in many department stores.

However, latency, a delay in the network, is by far the major obstacle for stable VR experience. Rendering, the process in which a computer processes data to produce and display an image, is another vexing bottleneck in VR projects.

Under 5G, the overall latency is 5 to 8 milliseconds, much shorter than the 20 milliseconds benchmark for rendering a nausea-free VR experience, said Jin Yuzhi, president of Huawei Transmission Network Product Line.

Meanwhile, a VR system renders the scene on a remote server and stream it to the headset, eliminating the need for a powerful CPU and making the VR experience more affordable, Jin said.

Ren Zhengfei, founder and president of Huawei, recently reiterated his confidence in the company's leading position in 5G development and its faith in supporting 5G-based applications.

The U.S. restrictions will not affect Huawei's high-end products, particularly in the 5G sector, said Ren in an interview with Chinese media.

Ren said Huawei should not be restricted just because of its leading technology position. "Our work is to benefit the whole of humankind," he said.

VR ECOSYSTEM

China is trying to build a new industry ecosystem with concerted efforts to boost the development of VR, as one of the key application scenarios in the 5G era.

The Chinese authorities have noted that scientific and technological innovation holds the key to development, and VR will be part of the picture.

Mobile carriers, content providers and developers are expecting to make VR more accessible to the public.

Last year, all China's three major mobile carriers, namely China Mobile, China Unicom and China Telecom, said VR is expected to be among the first 5G services, hoping to incorporate VR into many aspects of daily life like health care, schools, public services, entertainment and more.

In January, Huawei released the 5G Cloud VR in China.

"On the eve of the exponential growth of 5G, this service can nurture a large number of Cloud VR applications," said Peter Zhou, chief marketing officer for Huawei Wireless Solution.

POTENTIAL UNLEASHED

A report by the Global System for Mobile Communications Association said China would become the world's largest 5G market, with 460 million users of the 5G networks by 2025.

China's VR market expanded 164 percent year on year to reach 16 billion yuan in 2017. The market is likely to exceed 90 billion yuan by 2020, according to the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.

Sun Wenbo, chief executive officer of LetinVR, a VR company based in Beijing, believed 5G will be a game changer as the technology provides users with stable high quality VR experience, and makes application of VR more easier in such fields as education, eSports, live broadcast, and remote business collaboration, among others.

In April, surgeons in the city of Gaozhou in Guangdong Province successfully conducted cardiac surgery with help from experts 400 km away who monitored the process with a VR model of the patient's heart on a live feed via a 5G network.

In Sichuan Province, some hospitals plan to have VR broadcast in the newborn intensive care unit, allowing anxious parents to "stand by" their babies anytime they want.

Reliable high-speed 5G networks enable complex inter-platform coordination, giving all participants in the ecosystem the ability to deploy innovations and service updates in a continuous cycle, Sun said.

"In VR, if mobile carriers, content providers and developers are a team, Huawei is our team leader," Sun said.

A man experiences a 5G Cloud VR rowing machine developed by Huawei in Shenzhen, south China's Guangdong Province, April 16, 2019. (Xinhua)

Children try 5G+VR headsets at Guangdong Science Center in Guangzhou, south China's Guangdong Province, May 19, 2019. (Xinhua)

People try a 5G+VR headset for a tourist experience in south China's Guangdong Province, May 19, 2019. (Xinhua)

17820534309686871224.jpg

Medical staff of the Shitai County People's Hospital conduct an endoscopic surgery under the guidance from experts of the Second Hospital of Anhui Medical University (AMU) through a 5G-supported remote collaborative operating platform in Shitai, east China's Anhui Province, May 10, 2019. (Xinhua/Xu Minhao)

Ren Zhengfei: Many of the technologies we are developing, the Americans have not yet begun
China Economic Net 2019-05-27 07:56:55
Source: Daily Economic News

On May 21, Huawei founder and CEO Ren Zhengfei accepted an exclusive interview with CCTV reporter CC Dong from the Central Radio and Television Administration. At 21:30 on the evening of May 26, the interview was broadcast on the CCTV news channel "Face to Face" program.

Less than ten hours later, at 6 am Beijing time today (27th), Ren Zhengfei also appeared on the Bloomberg TV show on the other side of the ocean. Every Xiaobian (micro-signal: nbdnews) noticed that this broadcast was an interview clip taken by Ren Zhengfei at Huawei headquarters on the 25th.

RRcmWCaINf7Tkr

Bloomberg TV live screenshot

Considering that before this, he has been interviewed by Japanese media and group visits by domestic media. In such a high-density and high-intensity interview in just a few months, after Ren Zhengfei founded Huawei in 1987, it was almost never seen.

In the words of Bai Yansong, the host of CCTV, "Before more than 120 days ago, the situation he faced was the house under the jurisdiction of his daughter Meng Zhouzhou. Now, Huawei is under house arrest by some countries."

In the face of the current situation, CCTV reporter Dong Qian bluntly asked questions in an interview. "Is Huawei the most dangerous and difficult time?"

RRcmWCo4Xh0bB9

Image source: CCTV video screenshot

In the face of such a rather sharp issue, Ren Zhengfei gave a series of exciting and wonderful answers.

At 6 am on the 27th, Beijing time, Bloomberg TV broadcasted an interview with Mr. Tom McKenzie, an Asia-Pacific reporter, at the Huawei headquarters. After the interview, Mackenzie also told the host of the New York studio that he was deeply impressed by the calmness of the total weightlifting.

Ren Zhengfei is impressed by American reporters

On the 27th, the Bloomberg Daybreak section of Bloomberg Television's Asia-Pacific early news broadcast the first time that Ren Zhengfei was interviewed.

RRcmWD1BhaaBRC

Bloomberg TV live screenshot

At the beginning of the column, the reporter sitting in the Beijing studio, Tom Mackenzie, told the host of the New York headquarters that he was deeply impressed by Ren Zhengfei’s temperament during the interview.

"In the eyes of our outsiders, Huawei seems to be facing the same moments of life and death, but the impression given to me is very relaxed and calm. He is also very talkative. We talked a lot of topics and he has nothing to say, knowing nothing."

When talking about Trump’s decision on the ban, Ren Zhengfei laughed. In his opinion, many of Trump’s tweets were ridiculous and contradictory and could not be justified.

"The United States has never bought anything from me. How can I talk to me? I want to buy it in the future. I don't necessarily sell it to him. There is no need to talk about this situation. I will ignore Trump, then he also looks for it. No one is coming to negotiate."

Then, Mackenzie threw a sharp question: Some people in the world believe that Huawei's development achievements are derived from the theft of American technology. What do you think of this view?

Ren Zhengfei said that

"Then I am stealing the technology of the United States tomorrow, because (the things that Huawei is doing now) the United States has not made it. Where can I steal his technology?

It is more likely that the United States is stealing our technology, because we are currently ahead of the United States. If we are backward, then Trump will not hit us so hard. He hit us because we advanced him to fight. ”

Mackenzie later suggested that there were concerns that China would impose sanctions on Apple products as a counter-attack. Ren Zhengfei firmly said that it will never!

"If there is (this kind of situation), I must be the first to object. Apple is the world's greatest company, there is no apple to show the Internet world, and we can not appreciate the beauty of the world.

Apple is also our teacher. As a student, why should we go to the teacher? I will never do this. ”

RRcmWDC58p2lmR

Image source: Mackenzie personal Twitter account

Mackenzie also expressed his deep impression on Ren Zhengfei's broad mind and open mind.

In the face of an interview with CCTV reporters, Ren Zhengfei talked for 150 minutes and answered questions in various aspects in more detail.

Huawei is now at its best, ready to fight for a long time.

CCTV Moderator: When many people know that I am coming to interview you, they all hope that the first question I ask is, is Huawei the most dangerous and difficult time?

Ren Zhengfei: No, when the Meng Zhouzhou incident did not happen, our company was at the most dangerous moment. Everyone has money in their pockets, disobeying distribution, and not willing to work in hard places. This is a dangerous state.

Now, our company is full of excitement, eradicating mediocrity, and fighting power. How did we get to the most dangerous time at this time? It should be at its best.

RRcmWDP8QNWKgJ

Image source: CCTV live screenshot

CCTV Moderator: How are you going to face the long-standing Sino-US trade frictions in the future?

Ren Zhengfei: We are prepared to fight a protracted war. We are not prepared to make short-term assaults. If we fight for a long time, we will probably be stronger.

Not worried about Meng Zhouzhou, she is going to read a "Prisoner in Prison"

CCTV moderator: This time in this context, you are not worried about her future?

Ren Zhengfei: Don't worry. Because now my daughter is also very optimistic, she is self-study five or six homework, she is going to read a "doctor in prison" to come out and complete this doctoral degree in prison.

She is not idle, she is very busy every day. Every time I call, her mother answers the phone or her husband answers the phone and says that she is very busy. I said that I was too busy to pick up the phone. She said that she was very busy and very fulfilling.

RR4WsBu3uxVNC8

Image source: Huawei for the picture

CCTV host: Where is she now?

Ren Zhengfei: In Vancouver, under house arrest. She is under house arrest and not imprisoned. She is surrounded by police, but life is still free.

CCTV moderator: If she continues this situation for a long time.

Ren Zhengfei: The key US and Canada are the rule of law. You have to prove through evidence that she is guilty. We are completely in the right place, and the world is sensational. The main headline of Canada’s largest newspaper headline reads that the Meng’s night boat incident is a typical national violation. Just like the headline of our People’s Daily is written about this incident, do you think that we are not rational, will people write such things?

Hai Si was a hero. He went home to have a wife’s praise.

CCTV presenter: Hai Si has been almost like a hero in the minds of everyone in recent times.

Ren Zhengfei: It was originally a hero. How much do you want their medals to take? How high is this rank and how much income is in all aspects. I asked them, they said they were unknown. I said that the money is less? Quite a lot. That's it.

CCTV moderator: Why do you want to use the standard of money to ask?

Ren Zhengfei: Just kidding, they also want to publicize it, not allowed. Their mobile phone research and development people also ran to the stage to give a speech, we criticized, honestly go back to the research room, do not go to the community to talk about, let them engage in sales, do not talk about your research and development.

CCTV host: Why?

Ren Zhengfei: Working hard, not doing well, what is the result of Zhang Yang?

CCTV moderator: If they are always squatting, can they prove that they are doing well or not doing well?

Ren Zhengfei: How can they lie? Going back to his wife to praise him, his wife went out to buy a few bags a day, and came back and said that you can see this package is not good, isn’t it to praise him? He doesn't earn so much money, what does his wife buy to buy?

CCTV host: The outside world does not know.

Ren Zhengfei: Why do you know the outside world? I don't think it needs to be known outside. Those who go to the country to receive the awards are not true inventors. They will not let the real inventors go to the awards, and they will stupidly put his photos on the Internet. You see that the photos of He Tingbo are fake on the Internet. I have often seen it recently that her photos are real in a small amount, and most of the time she is not her.

RRcmWSn6nLq9FS

Huawei Director, President of Hisilicone, President of 2012 Lab He Tingbo Photo source: Huawei official website

CCTV moderator: Others call it a spare tire. They also call themselves a spare tire. What do you call them?

Ren Zhengfei: They are not asked to have spare tires. They are the same departments as our market system and R&D system. They are usually getting wages and getting bonuses. Everyone is wearing the same red flowers.

Almost sold to American companies

CCTV moderator: Just in 2004 or even earlier, Sino-US relations are all normal, and the international supply chain is all right. Why do you expect that if the world is not normal?

Ren Zhengfei: I said this thing. We used to sell the company to a US company for 10 billion US dollars. Because we all know that we will collide with the United States when we continue to develop, and we must collide.

When it was sold to others, the contract was signed and all the procedures were completed. Then we put on the flower clothes, run on the beach, run the game, and play table tennis. But the board of directors of the US company changed that week, and the new chairman rejected the acquisition. So good, let's talk back and we will sell it again.

RRcmWT18gXvp4s

Financial Times related reports

I am a surrender and a compromise in our company. I want to let everything happen. The young radicals are determined not to sell. I said that after ten years and the United States encountered on the hill, we must not fight their bayonets. When they climbed the southern slope, they climbed with beef and coffee. We climbed the slope with dry food. It might not be as good as the mountains. We must have thoughts. Prepare and prepare a spare tire plan.

Some people say that 5G will split into two standards in the future? I don't think so. Because humans have finally unified a standard and serve the common global cloud society, the two standards are two clouds, which are difficult to blend.

Under such a premise, the United States today hit us down from the north slope, and we slid down a little bit of snow and climbed up the slope. But one day, the two armies will climb to the top of the mountain. At this time, we will never fight with the Americans, we will hug, we cheer, for the human digital, information service victory conference, a variety of standard victory teachers, our ideal is to serve humanity, not to make money, but Isn't it better to eliminate others? Is it better to be able to serve humanity together?

I never want to be a hero.

CCTV moderator: When the United States is in a downturn, I feel that you are a national hero. Would you like to accept such a title?

Ren Zhengfei: Do not accept, bear. I am not a hero at all, I never want to be a hero. At any time we are doing a commercial thing, the sale of goods does not represent a political attitude.

How to buy an Apple mobile phone is not patriotic? How can I see this? That is still open to people. Commodities are commodities, and goods are made up of personal preferences. There is no relationship at all. Media hype is sometimes extreme, and radical ideas are prone to populism, which is not good for a country.

RRcmWTEAfe5wmD

Image source: CCTV video screenshot

CCTV presenter: Then, do you think that you want the people to face a company like Huawei with a mentality?

Ren Zhengfei: I don't need it. I hope they don't have a mentality. They are quiet and honest. They should do what they do. It is a contribution to the country for the country to produce a potato. To say a word, waste other people's ears, right?

Poorly poor teachers

The fundamental problem is the level of science and technology education.

CCTV presenter: Your parents have told you not to be a teacher for the rest of your life.

Ren Zhengfei: Yes.

CCTV moderator: But you look back at your life and have been paying attention to education almost all the time. Why?

Ren Zhengfei: Because my parents are rural teachers, my parents told us that this life is not allowed to be a teacher. We are not allowed to be a choice for our life. But we are not allowed to be teachers in this life. We are very impressed. Sure enough, we did not have a teacher later.

But the teacher is the engineer of the human soul. What if there is no teacher? The problem is to change the policy for teachers. So I said that we can't be poor and poor teachers, that is to say, we must invest in the future, just like our strategic investment. The amount of money we give to the professors every year is huge.

If our country is also like education, education is also the future of the country. If our education is like Japan, like Northern Europe, like Germany, like this, then what is our country worried about the competition with the United States? This year, I can't do it. I will come out with a few excellent people next year, and I will lead and rush to Shangganling. If our teachers are not treated well, children and excellent people are not willing to be teachers. It will only be a Matthew effect, getting worse and worse. Good people are willing to be teachers, and they will only get better and better.

CCTV moderator: We have put this education background a little wider. If education is such a status quo, how can we face the Sino-US trade dispute that is likely to continue now and in the future?

Ren Zhengfei: I think that the fundamental problem of Sino-US trade is the level of science and technology education. The country must be open to have a future. However, opening up must be to keep fit, and the ultimate in physical fitness is to have a cultural quality.

CCTV moderator: So I can understand why you are reperposing Sino-US trade disputes in everyone. In the context of this concern, when you are in the future of Huawei, you don't care about this. What you care about is our education.

Ren Zhengfei: Yes, Huawei's future does not need to think about it. The people below us should think clearly. They just want to get my support. I don't need to worry about Huawei's too many things. I am already awkward at Huawei. This is why people come to ask you if you count, don't ask me, I don't know.

(This article is based on CCTV News "face to face" program, Bloomberg TV Bloomberg Daybreak program, etc., without the speaker review)
央视、彭博接连专访!任正非:华为现在做的东西,美国还没有做出来呢
中国经济网 2019-05-27 07:56:55
来源:每日经济新闻

5月21日,华为创始人兼CEO任正非接受了中央广播电视总台央视记者董倩的专访。5月26日晚21:30,这段采访内容在央视新闻频道《面对面》节目播出。

在不到十小时后,北京时间今天(27日)凌晨6点,任正非又“亮相”大洋彼岸的彭博电视台节目。每经小编(微信号:nbdnews)注意到,这次播放的是任正非25日在华为总部接受的采访片段。

RRcmWCaINf7Tkr

彭博电视台直播截图

考虑到在此之前,他曾接受日本媒体的采访和国内媒体的群访等。短短几个月内如此高密度、高强度接受采访,在任正非1987年创办华为之后,几乎是从来没有出现过的情况。

用央视主持人白岩松的话讲,“120多天之前,他面临的局面是女儿孟晚舟被有的国家软禁;而现在,华为被有的国家硬禁。”

面对当下时局,央视记者董倩在专访中直截了当地提问,“华为是不是已经到了最危险、最为难的时候?”

RRcmWCo4Xh0bB9

图片来源:央视视频截图

面对这样颇为犀利的问题,任正非给出了一连串振奋人心的精彩回答。

而在北京时间27日凌晨6点,彭博电视台播放了亚太区记者汤姆·麦肯齐在华为总部对任正非的采访片段。麦肯齐在采访后也对纽约演播室的主持人表示,他被任总“举重若轻”的沉稳气度给深深折服了。

任正非气度打动美国记者

在27日,彭博电视台亚太早段新闻Bloomberg Daybreak栏目第一时间播出了任正非接受采访的片段。

RRcmWD1BhaaBRC

彭博电视台直播截图

栏目一开始,坐在北京演播室的记者汤姆·麦肯齐便对纽约总部主持人表示,他在采访期间为任正非举重若轻的气质深深折服。

“在我们外人看来,华为好像面临着生死存亡关头一样,但任总给我的印象却是非常放松淡定。他也十分健谈,我们聊了很多话题他都无话不说,知无不言。”

在谈到特朗普的禁令决定时,任正非笑道,在他看来,特朗普发的很多条推特都十分可笑,自相矛盾,无法自圆其说。

“美国从来没有买过我的东西,怎么跟我谈啥判啊。将来他想买,我还不一定卖给他呢。这种情况没有必要谈,我会忽略特朗普,那么他也找不到人来谈判了。”

紧接着,麦肯齐抛出一个尖锐问题:国际上有人认为,华为的发展成就是靠盗窃美国技术得来的,对这种观点你怎么看?

任正非表示,

“那我是在盗窃美国明天的技术咯,因为(华为现在做的东西)美国都没有做出来,我去哪里偷他的技术?

更有可能是美国来偷我们的技术差不多,因为我们目前是领先美国的。如果我们是落后的,那么特朗普也不会这么费劲打我们了。他打我们就是因为我们先进他才打嘛。”

麦肯齐随后提出,有人担忧中国会对苹果公司产品进行制裁作为反击手段。对此任正非坚决表示,绝对不会!

“如果有(这种情况)的话,我一定第一个出来反对。苹果是世界上最伟大的公司,没有苹果来展现这个互联网世界,我们也无法领略这个世界的美。

苹果也是我们的老师,作为学生,我们为什么要去和老师对着干呢?我绝不会这样做的。”

RRcmWDC58p2lmR

图片来源:麦肯齐个人推特账号

对于任正非展露的宽广心胸和开放的心态,麦肯齐也表示印象深刻。

而面对央视记者的专访,任正非则足足聊了150分钟,更加详细地回答各方面的提问。

华为现在在最佳状态 准备打持久战

央视主持人:当很多人知道我来采访您的时候,他们都希望我问的第一个问题,就是华为是不是已经到了最危险、最为难的时候?

任正非:不会,孟晚舟事件没发生的时候,我们公司是到了最危险的时刻。大家的口袋都有钱了,不服从分配,不愿意去艰苦地方工作,这是危险状态了。

现在,我们公司全员振奋,铲除平庸,战斗力蒸蒸日上。这个时候我们怎么会到了最危险时候呢?应该是在最佳状态了。

RRcmWDP8QNWKgJ

图片来源:央视直播截图

央视主持人:您准备怎么去面对未来也许会长期存在的中美经贸摩擦?

任正非:我们是准备打持久战的,我们没有准备打短期突击,持久战越打,我们可能就会越强大了。

不担心孟晚舟,她准备读一个“狱中博士”

央视主持人:这一次在这样的背景下,您担不担心她未来怎么样?

任正非:不担心。因为现在我女儿本身也很乐观,她自己在自学五六门功课,她准备读一个“狱中博士”出来,在监狱里面完成这个博士学历出来。

她也没有闲着,每天忙得很,我每次打电话的时候,她妈接电话或者她老公接电话说忙得很。我说忙得很也赶快过来接个电话,她说很忙的,充实得很。

RR4WsBu3uxVNC8

图片来源:华为供图

央视主持人:她现在在哪里?

任正非:在温哥华,软禁状态。她是软禁不是监禁,四周都有警察包围着的,但是生活还是自由的。

央视主持人:如果她这种情况持续很长的话。

任正非:关键美国和加拿大是法治国家,你要通过证据来证明她有没有罪。我们完全站在理上,世界都轰动了。加拿大最大的报纸头版头条的主要标题就写着,孟晚舟事件是典型的国家违法事件。就像我们人民日报大标题写的是这个事件,你想一想我们不在理上,人家会写这样的东西吗?

海思本来就是英雄 回家有老婆表扬

央视主持人:海思在近段时间以来,在所有人的心目中几乎像一个英雄一样。

任正非:它本来就是一个英雄,你想他们奖牌拿了多少,这个职级有多高,各方面的收入有多少,我就问过他们,他们说默默无闻。我说钱少了吗?不少。那就行了嘛。

央视主持人:您为什么要用钱这个标准来问?

任正非:开玩笑,他们也想去张扬一下,不允许。他们那个手机研发的人也跑到台上去演讲,我们就批评,老老实实回到科研室去,不要去社会上讲,让他们搞销售的去讲,你那个搞研发的不要去讲。

央视主持人:为什么?

任正非:踏踏实实干活,活没干好,张扬有什么结果?

央视主持人:如果他们始终憋着,能证明他们是干好还是没干好?

任正非:他们怎么会憋着?回去老婆老表扬他,他老婆一天出去买好几个包,回来就说你看这包好不好看,不就是表扬他了吗?他不挣那么多钱老婆拿什么去买包?

央视主持人:外界不知道。

任正非:为什么要外界知道呢?我觉得不需要外界知道。去到国家领奖的人不是真发明人,不会让真的发明人去领奖,还傻乎乎地把他照片贴到网上。你看网上其实何庭波的照片都是假的。我最近经常看到,少量的时候她的照片是真的,多数时候不是她。

RRcmWSn6nLq9FS

华为董事、海思总裁、2012 实验室总裁 何庭波 图片来源:华为官网

央视主持人:别人管它叫备胎,他们自己也管自己叫备胎,您管他们叫什么?

任正非:没有叫他们备胎过,他们是跟我们市场系统、研发系统同等重要的部门,他们就是正常拿工资、拿奖金,人人都一样戴大红花。

差一点卖给美国公司

央视主持人:就在当年2004年甚至更早的时候中美关系一切正常,而且国际供应链一切正常,为什么您会预想假如这个世界不正常怎么办?

任正非:这个东西我这么讲,我们曾经是准备用100亿美金把这个公司卖给一个美国公司,因为我们大家都知道,我们再发展下去就和美国要碰撞,一定要去碰撞。

卖给人家的时候,合同也签订了,所有手续办完了。那么我们穿上花衣服,就在海滩上跑步,比赛跑步,比赛打乒乓球。但是那个星期美国公司的董事会发生变化,新董事长否决了这项收购。那么好,我们回来再讨论,我们还再卖不卖。

RRcmWT18gXvp4s

Financial Times 相关报道

我在我们公司是投降派、妥协派,什么事情都想让一让,少壮派激进派坚决不卖了。我就说十年之后和美国在山头上遭遇,我们肯定拼不过他们刺刀,他们爬南坡时是带着牛肉咖啡爬坡,我们带着干粮爬坡,可能到山上不如人家,我们要有思想准备,就准备了备胎计划。

有人说5G将来会不会分裂成两种标准?我认为不会的。因为人类好不容易统一了一个标准,为共同的全球云社会服务,两种标准就是两朵云,很难交融。

在这样的前提下,美国今天把我们从北坡往下打,我们顺着雪往下滑一点,再起来爬坡。但是总有一天,两军会爬到山顶。这时我们决不会和美国人拼刺刀,我们会去拥抱,我们欢呼,为人类数字化、信息化服务胜利大会师,多种标准胜利会师,我们理想是为人类服务,又不是为了赚钱,又不是为了消灭别人,大家共同能实现为人类服务不更好吗?

我从来都不想当英雄

央视主持人:美国压境的时候觉得您是民族英雄,您愿意接受这样的称号吗?

任正非:不接受,狗熊。我根本就不是什么英雄,我从来都不想当英雄。任何时候我们是在做一个商业性的东西,商品的买卖不代表政治态度。

怎么买苹果手机就是不爱国?哪能这么看?那还开放给人干什么。商品就是商品,商品是个人喜好构成的,这根本没啥任何关系。媒体炒作有时候偏激,偏激的思想容易产生民粹主义,对一个国家是没好处的。

RRcmWTEAfe5wmD

图片来源:央视视频截图

央视主持人:那您觉得,您希望民众现在用一种什么样的心态面对华为这样的公司?

任正非:不需要,希望他们没心态,平平静静、老老实实种地去,该干什么干什么,多为国家产一个土豆就是对国家的贡献;多说一句话,浪费别人的耳朵,对吧?

再穷不能穷教师

根本问题还是科技教育水平

央视主持人:您的父母曾经告诉您一辈子不要做老师。

任正非:是。

央视主持人:但是您回头看您这一辈子几乎一直在关注教育,为什么?

任正非:因为我父母是乡村教师,父母跟我们讲今生今世不准当老师,对我们人生选择,你做啥都不管,但是今生今世不准做老师,我们印象很深刻。果然我们后来都没有做老师的。

但是老师是人类灵魂的工程师,没有老师这个社会怎么办?问题就要改变对教师的政策。所以我才说再穷不能穷教师,就是说再穷也要对未来投资,就像我们战略投资一样,我们每年给大学那些教授支持的钱数额都是巨大的。

如果我们国家对教育也是这样,教育也是国家的未来,如果我们的教育像日本一样,像北欧一样,像德国一样,像这一样,那我们国家还担心什么和美国竞争的问题?今年稍微不行,明年就出来几个优秀的人,就领着又冲上上甘岭了。如果说我们教师的待遇不高,孩子们、优秀的人都不愿意去当老师,那只会马太效应,越来越差,越来越差。优秀的人愿意当老师,只会越来越优秀。

央视主持人:我们把这个谈教育的背景再放得宽一点,如果教育是这样的现状的话,我们怎么去面对现在以及未来很有可能持续的中美贸易争端?

任正非:我就觉得中美贸易的根本问题还是科技教育水平,国家一定要开放,才有未来。但是开放一定自己要强身健体,强身健体的最终是要有文化素质。

央视主持人:这样我就能理解为什么您在大家都再灌注中美贸易争端,在关注这个背景下,华为的未来的时候,您不关心这个,您关心的是我们的教育。

任正非:对,华为的未来不用我想,我们下面的人就应该想得比较清楚,他们只是希望得到我支持一下就行了。我不需要具体地去操心华为太多的事情。我在华为已经是个傀儡了,这傀儡就是人家来问你一下就算数,不问我,我就不知道。

(本文根据央视新闻《面对面》节目、彭博电视台Bloomberg Daybreak节目等听译整理,未经演讲者审阅)

China's Huawei to promote smart cities in Africa
Source: Xinhua| 2019-05-26 22:31:23|Editor: Mu Xuequan

NAIROBI, May 26 (Xinhua) -- Chinese telecom giant Huawei Technologies is keen to promote smart cities in Africa in order to boost environmental sustainability, an official said on Sunday.

Adam Lane, senior director of public affairs at Huawei Technologies (Kenya) Co., Ltd. told Xinhua in Nairobi that African cities can adopt modern technology in the area of water and energy use, communications, security and safety improvement.

"Huawei is currently in talks with a number of African cities to promote the concept of smart cities," Lane said during the Business Leaders Dialogue ahead of the First Session of the UN-Habitat Assembly.

Huawei is already deploying smart technology in some cities in Kenya, Nigeria and Botswana.

Lane said that smart technology can be used to better monitor use of environmental resource which improves the sustainability of cities.

According to Huawei, through the use of smart meters for water and electricity, African cities can curb wastage as well as improve revenue collections by utilities.

He observed that Africa is experiencing one of the fastest urbanization rates in the world.

"These challenges result in the mushrooming of informal settlements which reduces the quality of lives of urban residents," he added

The Chinese tech giant has also developed innovations to improve the safety of urban residents.

"We have developed advanced communication and coordination centers that improve the response time for police and ambulances during times of emergencies," the Huawei official said.

Huawei, Tencent to Connect Video Platforms

DOU SHICONG
DATE : MAY 28 2019/SOURCE : YICAI

top.jpg
Huawei, Tencent to Connect Video Platforms

(Yicai Global) May 28 -- China's largest handset maker Huawei Technologies will work with Tencent Holdings to connect users on their respective video services.

The Shenzhen-based pair will conduct in-depth cooperation, share content and provide mutual technical support, reported tech news portal Ifeng. Membership rights across both platforms will become interconnected.

Tencent Video will display its content in an exclusive area on the Huawei Video app. Huawei will also enhance Tencent Video's audiovisual effects via artificial intelligence and advanced audio and video technologies.

"Huawei's platform is committed to building an open ecosystem," said Alex Zhang, president of Huawei's consumer cloud services. "Joining hands with an excellent content provider like Tencent will give the users quicker and more accurate access to outstanding content."

Tencent Video started out as an integrated video provider in 2011, hosting movies, TV dramas, variety shows, sports events and news. It now has over 600 million users, of which 89 million are paid-up, according to Tencent Vice-President Sun Zhonghuai.

https://www.yicaiglobal.com/news/huawei-tencent-to-connect-video-platforms

Huawei ICT Competition 2018-2019 Global Final Successfully Concluded

May 26, 2019

[Shenzhen, China, May 26, 2019] Today, the Huawei ICT Competition 2018-2019 Global Final, under the theme of "Connection, Glory, Future", has successfully concluded at Huawei's Songshan Lake campus. The Malaysia Team and Algeria Team won First Prize of the Practice Competition of the Network Track. The Peru Team and Guilin University of Electronic Technology Team won First Prize of the Practice Competition of the Cloud Track. The Shanghai Jiao Tong University Team (Team name: I'm an Expert!) won First Prize of the Innovation Competition.

190527-1.png

First Prize Winners in the Practice Competition of the Network Track (Top), First Prize Winners in the Practice Competition of the Cloud Track (Middle), First Prize Winner in the Innovation Competition (Bottom) of the Huawei ICT Competition 2018-2019 Global Final

This is the fourth Huawei ICT competition, including both a Practice Competition and Innovation Competition. The Practice Competition for both a Network Track and a Cloud Track is intended for Huawei ICT Academies worldwide and higher educational institutions that are interested in becoming Huawei ICT Academies. The Innovation Competition uses an invitation-based registration system and is oriented to colleges and universities participating in Huawei ICT Academy's Innovation Talent Center program. Since last June the competition has attracted more than 100,000 students from over 1,600 colleges and universities in 61 countries. This year's final has a total of 49 teams from 30 countries.

Ma Yue, vice president of Huawei Enterprise BG, President of Huawei EBG Global Sales, President of Huawei EBG Partners & Alliances, gave a speech at the award and closing ceremony of this competition. He said: "The talent ecosystem is the foundation of our strategy. In this ecosystem, talent is the most important factor that ensures the vitality and continuous growth of the industry. Over the past 30 years, we have made many efforts to train ICT talent by sharing our knowledge and best practices. We team up with educational institutions, industry associations, and partners to build a platform to foster ICT talent. This allows us to make the most of our experience in ICT by investing in talent to cope with future challenges and uncertainties. Today we aspire to build global standards for the development and certification of ICT talent."

190527.jpg

Ma Yue, vice president of Huawei Enterprise BG, President of Huawei EBG Global Sales, President of Huawei EBG Partners & Alliances, gave a speech

Through Huawei ICT Competition, Huawei aims to provide students with a platform to compete and exchange ideas in order to enhance their ICT knowledge, practical and application skills, and raise their innovation awareness. The competition is also a platform that facilitates connections between international talent as well as the collaboration between governmental organizations, higher educational institutions, training agencies, and enterprises, thus promoting the education, growth, and employment of ICT talent.

Du Kewei, director general of the Center for International People-to-People Exchanges, Ministry of Education of China, said that "Cultural exchanges are a fundamental way to facilitate the understanding between Chinese and people in other countries and the mutual learning between different cultures. Huawei ICT Competition promotes the exchanges between China and other countries in education, science and technology, and culture, facilitates ICT talent growth, and advances global science and technology development."

Compared with previous years, this competition saw more participants from a larger number of countries, is more inclusive and innovative. As part of the competition, Huawei offers all participants access to free courses and learning materials as well as opportunities for free online exchanges, learning, and preparation. By doing so, Huawei hopes to achieve the goal of an equal opportunity for quality education and that more people can benefit from the digital economy.

The Innovation Competition, with participants from renowned colleges and universities, challenges students' ability to apply cutting-edge technologies, such as IoT, big data, and AI, to real world situations. It is intended to develop more innovative talent in the area of emerging technologies. The ICT competition promotes the exchanges between students and colleges and universities. Winners will be offered full or partial scholarships of the Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Northeastern University, Beijing University of Technology, and Southern University of Science and Technology, and the opportunity for international study placements in the Henley Business School of the University of Reading, UK. Through these initiatives, Huawei ICT Competition can achieve the goal of promoting learning, teaching, and development through competition.

By holding annual Huawei ICT Competition, Huawei hopes to attract more ICT academies, governmental organizations, industry institutions, training partners, and industry enterprises to participate in the program. These competitions improve the digital skills of college and university students, contribute more to education and industry transformation, and achieve far-reaching goals. Huawei continues to develop talent standards, build talent alliances, and disseminate talent value to build a healthy and robust ICT talent ecosystem. Huawei hopes to transfer a cumulative of more than 700,000 ICT professionals to the industry by 2023, to bridge the ICT talent gap, advance the digital transformation of industries, and bring digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.

https://www.huawei.com/en/press-events/news/2019/5/huawei-ict-competition-2018-2019-global-final

Huawei 'Hongmeng OS' could be known as 'ARK OS' globally - Huawei Central
By Lu Han
Posted on May 28, 2019
ARK-OS-featured-huaweicentral-1-part-2.jpg

Huawei confirmed that it is preparing their plan B OS slated to launch later this year and also confirmed that the OS will be available in two different versions – domestic and global.

Huawei registers ARK OS trademark in Europe

It’s all started in March this year, when Yu Chengdong AKA Richard Yu, CEO of Huawei’s consumer business division told, Huawei has developed its own operating systems for smartphones and computers in case the company can’t use Android or Windows systems following tensions between Huawei and the US government.

Recently, Huawei has registered trademarked for “Huawei Hongmeng” from China’s Trademark Office of national intellectual property administration with an application submission date of Aug 24, 2018, which was publically announced on May 14, 2019, and the duration of this registration is valid from May 14, 2019, to May 13, 2029.

The application is registered under multiple categories, including – Operating System Program, Computer Operating Program, Computer Operating Software. All of these categories confirms that “Hongmeng” is the name of Huawei’s operating system.

Moreover, the categories also include – Smartphone, Tablet, Laptop and more, showing that the company has prepared it for all its devices ecosystem, which we’ve also reported about.

Now the Chinese company has applied a new name for the trademark on May 24 with EUIPO (European Union Intellectual Property Office)- Huawei ARK OS.

It looks like we could have a global name of the “Hongmeng OS”. As explained above, the company is looking to launch two OS. The Huawei ARK OS could be the name of the upcoming Huawei OS, which will work on all the device globally, except China.

The trademark application has the same categories as the previous trademark information:

1. Compiler software; operating systems for electronic devices.
2. Design and development of compiler software and operating systems for electronic devices; design and development of mobile phone applications featuring compiler software; Software as a Service (Saas) featuring compiler software.​

We want to tell you that the trademark application doesn’t confirm the future name of the Huawei OS. It is just a secure step by any company for its future plans.

Stay tuned for the latest information about the Huawei OS.

FedEx apology fails to impress internet users

By Yang Sheng in Beijing and Chen Qingqing in Shenzhen Source:Global Times Published: 2019/5/28

8db2833b-f8e8-4433-99a2-1d44a6f755aa.jpeg

Huawei smartphones are seen in a Huawei store in Shanghai on Sunday. Huawei's new flagship smartphone — the Honor 20 Pro — was launched in London on May 21. The smartphone is scheduled to be launched in Chinese mainland on Friday. Photo: AFP

Huawei is reviewing its partnership with FedEx after the Chinese tech company found two parcels destined for Asia were diverted to the US under suspicious circumstances.

FedEx has denied widespread speculation in China that the US delivery company was working with the Trump administration to interrupt Huawei's normal business activities, but Chinese experts said that to regain public trust, the US firm must provide a more detailed and responsible explanation.

The US firm diverted two packages from Japan, addressed to Huawei China, to the US, and attempted to divert two more packages from Vietnam to Huawei offices elsewhere in Asia - all without authorization - Reuters reported on Tuesday.

Huawei confirmed the report with the Global Times on Tuesday and a company spokesperson said that the packages, carrying important documents, were not delivered to their destinations.

"They were either diverted to, or were requested to be diverted to, FedEx in the US. This undermines our confidence," the Huawei spokesperson said.

This was no isolated incident, a Chinese electronics industry insider posted on China's Twitter-like Sina Weibo platform.

FedEx might work with the US following the Trump administration's sanctions on Huawei, the insider asserted.

An internet user with the pseudonym Moka, with more than 242,000 followers on Weibo, slammed FedEx China Thursday for confiscating chipset products delivered from a factory in the island of Taiwan to Huawei's office on the Chinese mainland.

An insider with close knowledge of the incidents told the Global Times on Tuesday that FedEx's behavior violates business cooperation principles and may also hurt its credibility.

"It's disgusting. An international express company is becoming a tool of the US government. It's surely a US firm," said the insider, who refused to be identified due to the sensitivity of the matter.

Later in the day, FedEx said on its official Sina Weibo account in response to the incident that "we value all of our customers who entrust more than 15 million packages a day with us."

"We regret that this isolated number of Huawei packages were inadvertently misrouted, and confirm that we were not requested by any external party to divert these packages which are in the process of being returned to the shippers," the company said.

Losing credibility

Net users on both Weibo and Twitter queried the FedEx statement.

"Errors only happened to Huawei among 15 million packages a day… interesting," commented a user.

"Isolated issue? All 4 packages were destined for Huawei. The FedEx business should be terminated in Asia," posted a user on Twitter.

"The package is from Japan to China, totally nothing to do with the US. Today they can divert Huawei's package. Tomorrow they can divert yours." tweeted another.

Shen Yi, head of Fudan University's Cyberspace Governance Research Institute, said that "the incident has left the Chinese public and firms with no choice but to suspect that FedEx is connected with US intelligence agencies."

Shao Zhonglin, former assistant secretary-general of the China Express Association, told the Global Times Tuesday that the doubts won't disappear if FedEx failed to provide details about how these packages, sent from Asian countries or regions and destined for the Chinese mainland, could be delivered to the US.

The core issue was how to deal with the abuse of power and address the consequences of this abuse, Fang Xingdong, founder of Beijing-based technology think tank ChinaLabs, told the Global Times on Tuesday.

"It's time to realize that when facing heavy political impact, enterprises are vulnerable. How to maintain a bottom line and boundaries are very important," he said. Sacrificing the interests of customers would likely disrupt the whole industry, Fang warned.

Dangerous trend

Earlier this month in a significant escalation of the trade war with China, the Trump administration barred American companies from selling to Huawei without a US government license.

Google followed the US government's sanctions by partially restricting Huawei access to its Android system, a move widely interpreted as yielding to government pressure.

Without providing evidence, the US government alleged that it could not rule out the possibility of Huawei sharing data with the Chinese government and harming US national security.

Google's actions revealed a double standard, said Shen Yi of Fudan University.

"The US is using its own mentality and reality to think about the relationship between governments and companies of other countries. Clearly US companies and the US government are working together," Shen said.

Fang noted that the US private sector, government and even the military have formed a complex "to act jointly."

"In the modern world of globalization, this kind of complex, with a long-arm jurisdiction approach, is very destructive" for countries and companies around the globe "if the complex extended its approach beyond the territory of the US," Fang said.

US enterprises would cooperate with the US government inappropriately as long as they didn't pay a price for it, Shen believed.

"If FedEx fails to make a clear and responsible explanation of the incident, China should identify it as an 'unsafe' foreign company, launch an investigation and issue lawful punishment if necessary."

If US firms pay a price for cooperating with the US government that interrupts normal business activities or involves spying on others, they will lobby the government to change policy, Shen noted.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1152120.shtml

Who says US companies are private and free from US regime controls and manipulations? US regime accuses others for having companies with state connections. The US itself has proven that US companies are the perfect tools for the US regime policies.

@Dungeness

By now everyone in the world should know that EVERY US company can, will or has to act as the paw of US regime.

By the way, I am glad that Chinese gov is smart enough to insist on controlling its own "internet sovereignty", a concept that many countries have no idea about when they are bragging about being "more free" than Chinese. Just imagine what would be like in China's cyberspace at this crucial time if it is Facebook or Tweeter that is dominating Chinese social media.

China is succeeding for good reasons, but others just don't get it.

IEEE Forced to Ban Huawei Employees From Peer-Reviewing Papers - Pandaily
DIMING XU
MAY 29, 2019

Today, IEEE sent an email to its editors, saying “we cannot use colleagues from Huawei as reviewers or Editors for the peer-review process of our journals,” because the US government has put Huawei on its BIS list.

Later, the full email was revealed by an IEEE member:

IEEE-E-mail.jpg
IEEE’s full name is the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. Founded on January 1, 1963, it is based in New York, USA.

As the world’s largest technical professional organization, IEEE has 423,000 members in over 160 countries. In the fields of electrical and electronic engineering, computing, and technology information, research published by IEEE accounts for about 30% of all the publications in the world. Publishing more than 140 professional journals every year, IEEE provides more than 700 kinds of journals, newsletters, and conference proceedings.

It should be noted that Huawei has always been an important supporter of IEEE.

Huawei has joined 177 standards organizations and open source organizations, and has held 183 key positions, serving on the board of directors of IEEE-SA, ETSI, WFA, and other organizations.

View image on Twitter

Huawei Enterprise

✔@HuaweiEnt

https://twitter.com/HuaweiEnt/status/987468498254249984

Huawei successfully hosted the IEEE-SA CAG meeting in Shenzhen. All IEEE-SA CAG delegates unanimously approved Huawei proposed smart city reference architecture standard project P2413.1. It is one of the big milestones for IEEE standard in smart city area. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/huawei-proposed-smart-city-architecture-standard-cag-enterprise …

7:10 AM - Apr 21, 2018

See Huawei Enterprise's other Tweets

Twitter Ads info and privacy

SEE ALSO: Huawei Will No Longer Receive Tech Support From Google

Huawei also has a number of researchers in the IEEE holding positions such as editor-in-chief and deputy editor. For example, Qi Tian, chief scientist of computational vision at Huawei’s Noah’s Ark Laboratory, is an IEEE fellow. He has served as editor-in-chief and editor of various top IEEE international journals. Dr. Xiang Liu, a senior expert of optical network at the Huawei Institute of Aesthetics, is the deputy editor of The Optical Society of America and Optics Express, and the editor-in-chief of the IEEE Optical Communications.

At the end of this January, Huawei even successfully held the IEEE P2413 working group meeting in Shenzhen to promote the IEEE smart city standard process.

View image on Twitter

Huawei Enterprise

✔@HuaweiEnt

https://twitter.com/HuaweiEnt/status/1094801727981842433

Find out more about Huawei’s 2 smart proposals to the #IEEE: https://bit.ly/2GnNgAW #SmartCity

11:34 AM - Feb 11, 2019

See Huawei Enterprise's other Tweets

Twitter Ads info and privacy

As the email spread on the internet, it has set off a lot of waves in the academic world.

Professor Zhihua Zhou of Nanjing University expressed his shock to hear the news and said that IEEE itself is an international organization registered in the United States instead of an American organization, which has no right to ban the editors from peer-reviewing papers due to political motivations. He suggested that “experts from all levels of management at the IEEE should propose to the IEEE to transfer its registration to Switzerland.”

Chinese netizens also expressed astonishment, saying their belief in “Technology Without Borders” is collapsing because of IEEE’s action.

By now everyone in the world should know that EVERY US company can, will or has to act as the paw of US regime.

By the way, I am glad that Chinese gov is smart enough to insist on controlling its own "internet sovereignty", a concept that many countries have no idea about when they are bragging about being "more free" than Chinese. Just imagine what would be like in China's cyberspace at this crucial time if it is Facebook or Tweeter that is dominating Chinese social media.

China is succeeding for good reasons, but others just don't get it.

Indeed, if China did not have its own indigenous internet enterprise ecosystem, the US would be crushing hard on China through its government-sided corporate media and businesses.

There would be a Japan 2.0 all over.

Some developing country third-worlders, however, are very proud of having the freedom of using the US media and help contribute MAGA. Besides, Twitter 140-character messaging pushes their IQ even higher.

Huawei moves forward with proprietary OS

By Wang Cong Source:Global Times Published: 2019/5/29

Challenges lie ahead but could be a game changer: analysts
1cb80dbb-4b12-4bc1-b676-d62fdfd72b60.jpeg

Huawei's 5G smartphone at an exhibition in Shanghai on Saturday Photo: IC

Huawei Technologies Co appears to be moving ahead with a proprietary operating system (OS) for mobile phones and computers, as the Chinese telecom giant filed trademarks in the EU for its OS, following what could be a crippling ban from the US government.

Although Huawei has been working on its own OS for years as an insurance policy in case of losing access to US technologies such as the Android system, the company is markedly picking up the pace to launch the software after US technology giant Google signaled that it would cut supplies of its services to Huawei.

In the latest sign that the company is speeding up the launch of its own OS, Huawei has filed several applications with the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) for trademarks for the OS and other software.

A search on the EUIPO's website showed that Huawei filed at least three different trademarks - the Huawei Ark Compiler, Huawei Ark and the Huawei Ark OS - as recently as Friday. Descriptions of all three applications said that the trademarks were for compiler software and OS for electronic devices.

The trademarks were still under examination as of press time on Wednesday.

The latest move in the EU came after Huawei was granted a trademark "Hongmeng" for its OS by the Chinese National Intellectual Property Administration's trademark office on May 14. Richard Yu Chengdong, head of Huawei's consumer business, has also said that the company was aiming to launch its own OS as soon as this fall.

"This should come as no surprise to anyone after the US ban," said Wang Yanhui, head of the Mobile China Alliance, "Huawei basically has no choice but to launch its own OS as soon as possible to avoid disruption to its business if Google decides to stop Android licenses to Huawei."

Google announced on May 20 that it would cut suppliers with Huawei to comply with the export ban by the US government, but it later followed a decision by US officials to give the Chinese company a three-month grace period, which the Chinese company said doesn't mean much.

The ban has not affected all Huawei handsets and the company vowed to continue to provide services to users in China and other countries and regions, Vincent Pang, senior vice president and head of corporate communications at Huawei, said at a press conference in Shenzhen, South China's Guangdong Province, on Wednesday.

The company announced legal actions against the US government over the ban at that event.

Still, the company needs to prepare for a prolonged fight, and a proprietary smartphone OS is a necessary step, despite the intricacies and difficulties of launching a new OS to challenge Android, analysts said.

"It is a very tough task, but it's not impossible," said Zhang Yi, CEO of iiMedia Research Institute. "If Huawei succeeds in launching its own OS, that will be a turning point for not just the company, but for the whole smartphone industry. It will reshape the current software market dominated by US companies."

However, the company could see some impact on its sales in the initial stage as consumers are more used to Android and Apple's iOS, but the company is well-positioned to cope with those hits, given a massive fan base at home and abroad, analysts said.

In the first quarter of 2019, Huawei saw the highest year-on-year growth among the world's top five smartphone vendors, growing 44.5 percent to 58.4 million units, while Samsung recorded sales decline of 8.8 percent and Apple recorded sales drop of 17.6 percent, according to research and advisory company Gartner on Tuesday.

Huawei sales grew in all regions, with sales in Europe rising 69 percent and in China up 33 percent, helping the company to secure the world's second-largest smartphone vendor, behind Samsung and before Apple, Gartner said.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1152272.shtml

Back
Top Bottom