What's new

How Will India's Attempted Hinduization Impact Pakistan and the World?

• Pakistan Muslim League (N) ( presently in power)
  • Pakistan Muslim League (Q) (in power during Musharaff era.
  • Jamaat-e-Islami. (frequently a part of one or the other coalition.)
  • Jamiat-e-Ulema-e-Islam (F) (frequently a part of one or the other coalition.)
And you were saying?

PML Factions are Centrist parties, they do not engage in religion based politics. Basing this assumption on their name going too far.
As for JUI amd JI, even combined, they do not hold 10% of the seats in the assembly so you are overestimating the impact that they have on any government.

It will impact Muslims of India for sure but for Pakistan it is not the same case,

PML Factions are Centrist parties, they do not engage in religion based politics. Basing this assumption on their name going too far.
As for JUI amd JI, even combined, they do not hold 10% of the seats in the assembly so you are overestimating the impact that they have on any government.

It is relativity in play here.

What is considered centrist or secular parties in Pakistan, would be considered extreme right wing parties in India akin to Shiv Sena, there is no centre, everything is right of the centre for you are Islamic republic of Pakistan.

And your extreme right wing parties JuI /JI, who had active links to both Talibans , would be banned organisation in India..similar to SIMI.

Haq's Musings: Rise of Sangh Parivar: Modi Accelerating Total Hinduization of India?

There have been serious questions raised about India's secularism since its independence in 1947. Such questions have gained new urgency with the rapid rise of Hindu Nationalists and the election of BJP leader Narendra Modi in 2014.

Serious doubts about India's claim of secularism were articulated well by Indian journalist Kapil Komireddy in an Op Ed piece he wrote for the UK's Guardian newspaper a few years ago. Here's an excerpt of it:

"Indian Muslims in particular have rarely known a life uninterrupted by communal conflict or unimpaired by poverty and prejudice. Their grievances are legion, and the list of atrocities committed against them by the Indian state is long. In 2002 at least 1,000 Muslims were slaughtered by Hindu mobs in the western state of Gujarat in what was the second state-sponsored pogrom in India (Sikhs were the object of the first, in 1984). Gujarat's chief minister, Narendra Modi, explained away the riots by quoting Newton's third law. "Every action," he said on television, "has an equal opposite reaction." The "action" that invited the reaction of the mobs was the torching of a Gujarat-bound train in which 59 Hindus pilgrims, most of them saffron-clad bigots who were returning home from a trip to the site of the Babri Mosque that they had helped demolish a decade earlier, perished. The "equal and opposite reaction" was the slaughter of 1,000 innocent Muslims for the alleged crime of their coreligionists."

Komireddy goes on to describe how India's "liberal" elite rationalize sectarianism in "secular" India:

"The novelist Shashi Tharoor tried to burnish this certifiably sectarian phenomenon with a facile analogy: Indian Muslims, he wrote, accept Hindu rituals at state ceremonies in the same spirit as teetotallers accept champagne in western celebrations. This self-affirming explanation is characteristic of someone who belongs to the majority community. Muslims I interviewed took a different view, but understandably, they were unwilling to protest for the fear of being labelled as "angry Muslims" in a country famous for its tolerant Hindus."

The Sangh Parivar's project to Hinduize India has accelerated with the landslide victory of BJP leader Narendra Modi and his inauguration as Prime Minister of India in 2014. Some of the manifestations of this phenomenon as reported by the Washington Postare as as follows:

1.The Vishwa Hindu Parishad (or the World Hindu Council) launched a program called “Gharwapsi” (or Homecoming) to urge India’s Muslims and Christians to convert to Hinduism, which they said was the religion of their ancestors. It has resulted in many reported instances of forced mass conversions of Christians and Muslims to Hinduism.

2. Beef sales have been banned in several Indian states. The most egregious of such laws is the Maharashtra state law that criminalizes possession or consumption of beef.

3. Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj has said the Hindu scripture Bhagwad Gita must be declared a “national scripture.” Another BJP politician, Manohar Lal Khattar, the chief minister of the northern Haryana state has said Bhagwad Gita is considered more important than India’s secular Constitution.

4. Poor school children are being denied eggs, a cheap protein needed by growing youngsters, in their school lunches by India's vegetarian Hindu elite, according an NPR report.

The above changes are just the tip of a much larger iceberg of Hindu transformation of India with major appointments of Hindu ideologues by ruling party to key positions in education and media posts at the center and the provinces.

It's not just in India that the Hindu Nationalists are gaining strength. Their programs receive significant funding and support from non-resident Indians (NRIs). A report entitled "Hindu Nationalism in the United States: A Report on Non-Profit Groups" makes the following assertions regarding the strength and nature of the Hindu nationalist movement in the United States:

a. Over the last three decades, a movement toward Hinduizing India--advancing the status of Hindus toward political and social primacy in India-- has continued to gain ground in South Asia and diasporic communities. The Sangh Parivar (the Sangh "family"), the network of groups at the forefront of this Hindu nationalist movement, has an estimated membership numbering in the millions, making the Sangh one of the largest voluntary associations in India. The major organizations in the Sangh include the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP), Bajrang Dal, and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).

b. Hindu nationalism has intensified and multiplied forms of discrimination, exclusion, and gendered and sexualized violence against Muslims, Christians, other minorities, and those who oppose Sangh violations, as documented by Indian citizens and international tribunals, fact-finding groups, international human rights organizations, and U.S. governmental bodies.

c. India-based Sangh affiliates receive social and financial support from its U.S.-based wings, the latter of which exist largely as tax-exempt non-profit organizations in the United States: Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh (HSS), Vishwa Hindu Parishad of America (VHPA), Sewa International USA, Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation-USA. The Overseas Friends of the Bharatiya Janata Party - USA (OFBJP) is active as well, though it is not a tax-exempt group.

Acceleration of "secular" India's total Hindu-ization under Prime Minister Modi represents a sea change for South Asia region and the world. It could prove to be verydestabilizing for India, a much larger and far more diverse country than its neighboring Islamic Pakistan. Such instability could derail India's economic rise unless its forced Hindu-ization is checked by the country's leadership with external pressure from India's friends. And its effects will be strongly felt far outside the borders of India. It is already causing serious issues between India and Pakistan that could lead a devastating war in South Asia with severe consequences for the entire world.

Related Links:
Haq's Musings
Over 100 US Academics Warn Silicon Valley Against Business With Modi
Modi's Pakistan Policy
Pro-Modi Indian-American Enters Silicon Valley Congressional Race
India is World's Biggest Oligarchy
Gujarat Riot Victims Hindu Nationalists Admire HitlerIndia Has World's Largest Population of Poor, Hungry and Illiterates
Pakistan Needs More Gujaratis?
India's Israel Envy

Haq's Musings: Rise of Sangh Parivar: Modi Accelerating Total Hinduization of India?

Our ultimate goal is total Hinduization of all our past and present land and creation of Akhand Bharat...now even Google and Bing are Hindu search engines that will show only Hindu-centric search results going forward..we are trying to do a "Ghar wapsi" on Zuckerberg also..once done, you will see your name Riaz Haq getting converted to Ramprasad Halwai in Facebook...Jai Sri Ram.

What is considered centrist or secular parties in Pakistan, would be considered extreme right wing parties in India akin to Shiv Sena, there is no centre, everything is right of the centre for you are Islamic republic of Pakistan.

And your extreme right wing parties JuI /JI, who had active links to both Talibans , would be banned organisation in India..similar to SIMI.

Accurate observation. They just don't have leftist opposition like in India. Unless they can name it and prove me wrong. Its just different shades of right. PML(N) has electoral and otherwise ties with LEJ or their latest name ASWJ. One would need imagination to call them centrist anywhere else on earth.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that. Sure, the definition of centre might differ by miles in context of India and Pakistan but as third world countries with colonial legacy to boot. We more or less end up at the same square, though you may believe that since your constitution extols secularism, it might in some way be superior or at least more forward looking than one that is Islamic in nature.

Accurate observation. They just don't have leftist opposition like in India. Unless they can name it and prove me wrong. Its just different shades of right. PML(N) has electoral and otherwise ties with LEJ or their latest name ASWJ. One would need imagination to call them centrist anywhere else on earth.

Save for Rana Sanaullah, I don't think there are a lot of people in the hierarchy that have very intimate relations with LeJ. If you recall, the recent encounter which killed Malik Ishaq and his sons was held under the tenure of this very government.

Thanks for getting such enlightened post. Sir, can you tell me how many priest (I am not asking for civilian because i know their massacre can hide in the name of war) was killed by Muslim invader before 1854. You can start with Somanath Mandir or Pandharpur Temple or Temples at Multan ...... etc etc (list is too long, but I hope you as a person with a such high caliber can complete list very easily).
Thanks in advance.
Then can you say how many jains and lower cast people were killed by hindus before muslim invasion
History is always bad only way to future is forgetting history and moving forward eg japan jews etc

Last edited:
Same race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........Most certainly not!. This is often said by Indians from india who have been taught some severe propaganda and other false notions about Pakistanis. I can confirm this as I live in London (UK), the most cosmopolitan city in the world. I have seen thousands of Indians and Pakistanis my whole life and regardless of what anyone says, not only are Pakistanis a different race to Indians but the vast majority of Pakistanis look completely different to Indians. There is a huge physical difference between Pakistanis and Indians. No way do we look indian. I can spot an indian a mile away. If anything, looking at the congregation at London's biggest Mosque after Eid prayers on thursday just gone, I found it hard to distinguish (in terms of looks) between Pakistanis, Arabs, Turks and Iranians/Persians (Even though most Pakistanis do not have a Middle Eastern heritage). And this included the non-religious unbearded Pakistanis, Arabs, Turks and Iranians/Persians. Saying that Pakistanis are the same race as Indians because they are classified as being "brown" is like saying Iraqis, Tunisians and Brazilians are also the same race as Indians because they too are also classified as "brown". Perhaps Saddam Hussein was indian also.

Lastly, Pakistani culture is also completely different to indian culture. Pakistani culture is Islamic-centric wheras indian culture is hindu-centric. Islam and hinduism are both very alien to eacother.

I'd have to agree with you on this. I'm Pakistani of mostly afghan and some Persian ancestry. My ancestors spoke Farsi/Dari and Pashto. Not all Pakistanis are "brown" ...I have light skin.

I'd have to agree with you on this. I'm Pakistani of mostly afghan and some Persian ancestry. My ancestors spoke Farsi/Dari and Pashto.
Adding to that many in fact huge population belongs to punjab like jatts and many from Syria, Turkey and Arabs

Adding to that many in fact huge population belongs to pujan like jatts and many from Syria, Turkey and Arabs

Excuse my ignorance but I've never heard of pujan. I was only born in Pakistan, raised in America. All the Pakistanis I came across in America were either Pashtun or Punjabi and some Balochi's. I could easily differentiate between them and Indians in terms of physical features. The Indians also could tell us apart. I get mistaken for being Persian.

Welcome To #Modi's #India: Where Cows Matter More Than Humans (But There Is Wifi In Railway Stations) #BeefBan Welcome To India: Where Cows Matter More Than Humans (But There Is Wifi In Railway Stations)

NEW DELHI: The shocking incident of a fifty year old man being savagely beaten to death by a mob for allegedly eating beef in UP’s Dadri has once again turned the spotlight to ‘progressive’, ‘shining’, ‘digital’ India.

Mohammad Akhlaq, was beaten to death and his 22-year-old son severely injured on Monday as residents of Balsara village surrounded their home and accused them of eating cow meat. They then dragged the two men out of the house and beat them with bricks. The senior Akhlaq succumbed to his injuries soon after, and his son remains in a critical condition.

To add insult to grievous injury, the investigation seems to be revolving around determining whether the family did or did not eat beef. The daughter who witnessed the incident insists the meat was mutton -- but why does that even matter? Whether the family was or was not consuming beef is immaterial, but somehow, that seems to have figured into the investigation as the meat in question is on its way to a lab for testing.

The fact that this incident took place as our Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived back in India having completed his famed US tour (where he shook hands with Fortune 500 CEOs and celebrated a move toward “Digital India”) -- raises uncomfortable questions about our priorities as a nation.

We are so quick to celebrate superficial victories that we are forgetting the real challenges this country faces. Challenges such as the mindset and culture that caused the death of Mohammad Akhlaq. Challenges relating to education, income inequality, religious extremism, gender violence, abysmal health care, and so on.

We were so busy celebrating PM Modi’s announcement of direct flights from India to San Francisco, that the news that an American tourist was gangraped just a week earlier in Dharamsala ceases to matter. FYI, violence against women is on the rise in India: statistics show that an average of 92 women are raped EVERY DAY in this country, and that’s just the reported incidents.

We were so busy changing our profiles on Facebook to support #DigitalIndia, that we forgot that just earlier this month, a seven year old boy and a nine year old girl succumbed to dengue fever because hospitals refused to admit them.

We were so busy with the excitement of Google’s announcement of wifi in 400 Indian railway stations that we forgot that just ten days ago, a Khap Panchayat in Haryana ordered five shoe slaps to a 23-year-old man as PUNISHMENT for raping a seven year old girl. Lesson learnt?

We were so busy agreeing with Rupert Murdoch's assertion that PM Modi is India’s greatest leader that we didn’t care about communal riots in Ranchi, the fact that a three year old toddler was shot dead in Kashmir -- the latest in a string of mysterious killings that many blame India’s armed forces for, or the death threats issued by right wing groups to Marathi journalist Nikhil Wagle.

We were so busy retweeting a photo of PM Modi shaking hands with Mark Zuckerberg that we forgot that real India is (tragically) an India where a man can be beaten to death for eating (or not eating) a particular type of meat.

So is this our message to the world? I see it loud and clear. “Welcome to India, where cows matter more than human beings, but fret not, we have free Wifi at railway stations (whether it works or not is immaterial.)”

As I have already said we have separate religions but remember culture is not just religion. It encompasses both religious and non religious things. Incase of non religious things like food, corruption, greed, mentality, quality, discipline, music, dance etc. there are pretty much the same.

Food and cuisine is not a good indicator. Pakistani cuisine includes Kebabs or Meatballs with rice. As does Arabic, Turkish or Persian cuisine. That does not make Pakistanis Middle Eastern even though a lot of us resemble Middle Eastern Muslims. Corruption and greed are not the domains or monopoly of Pakistanis and indians. It's the same with the Africans, South Americans and East Europeans. It does not make them indian.[/QUOTE]

why not?

I completely agree with you.Pakistan is a defacto member of the middle east,practically a part of it.

Pak should also erase whatever is left over from ancient pagan culture and make urdu much closer to turkish/farsi.

Kabbab were never Hindu culture interduce by inevading muslims

i think people have been eating roasted meat ever since fire was discovered.

Sounds like India heading for more Genocides, i think the minorities (sikhs, muslims, christians etc) need to band
together because literally their lives are in danger.

don't worry about Indian muslims guys, they are in good company and they are thriving. It is your extinction which is in constant news these days.

#India's strange preoccupation with #Pakistan. India needs to look within for homegrown extremism #Modi India′s strange preoccupation with Pakistan | News | DW.COM | 24.10.2015 via @dwnews

In 2003, on a flight to Hong Kong, I had a Frenchman and an Indian sitting behind me. Both must have been in their 30s, as was I. Their conversation throughout the flight was quite audible, especially when the Frenchman begun to groan about the time that he had spent in Mumbai (in the early 1990s).
He was telling the Indian how he (and his wife) got caught up in a riot that had erupted after mobs of Hindu extremists attacked and destroyed an old mosque in the Indian city of Ayoudhia in 1992.
"It was horrific," he told the Indian. "The rioters were attacking people with sticks and I even saw some of them trying to set a Muslim man on fire."
"The rioters were Hindu?" the Indian asked.
"Well, they were attacking Muslims, so they must have been," the Frenchman replied. "My wife refuses to go back to India now," he added, laughingly.
I concentrated a bit more on the conversation because I was now eagerly waiting for the Indian's response.
And voila: "Usually such riots are funded and instigated by the Pakistanis," came the explanation.
One of my eyebrows went north and I hoped the Frenchman would ask exactly how Pakistan could be involved in starting riots in India.

He didn't. He just went on about his ordeal, and how his wife had made them take the very next flight back to Paris.
"It's worse in Pakistan!" the Indian shot back. "It (Pakistan) is destabilizing the whole region."
"Maybe, but we were in India," the Frenchman reminded him.
I couldn't help but turn around and intervene in the conversation: "Can I just pop in, and speak to my South Asian brother here?" I asked the Frenchman. He just smiled and shrugged his shoulders.
Addressing the Indian in Urdu (which is quite similar to Hindi), I said: "Bhai (brother), have you ever been to Pakistan?"
He replied in English: "No, but my father went back in the 1970s. Are you Pakistani?"
"Yes," I replied, "and I am flying to Hong Kong to whip up a riot among the Indian community there."
The Frenchman snickered and so did the Indian. I raised my small green can of Carlsberg, and added: "Here's to the usual mutual accusations and counter-accusations between India and Pakistan. And to the freedom of Kashmir and Khalistan!"
This time the Indian did not snicker, but the Frenchman did, knowing well that I was being entirely sarcastic. The Indian raised his paper cup full of white wine and spouted out his own toast: "And here's to Pakistan stopping being such a nuisance and becoming a part of India again."
I smiled: "Well, it all depends on how the Indian community in Hong Kong treats our French friend here after I incite them to burn a mosque in downtown Hong Kong."
The Frenchman laughed out loud: "So, it's true. This is exactly how we (in France) perceive the way Pakistanis and Indians engage with one another."
I agreed: "Absolutely!"

Back
Top Bottom