What's new

How to attach images on PDF tutorial (new method)

LeveragedBuyout

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Sinan @LeveragedBuyout
one of you had posted in one of the announcement thread about how to post pics without the img tags and without having to save on your PC/mobile.It seems admin has deleted your posts from that thread. Could you tell me how to go about it?

Happy to help. Let's say you want to upload the photo at the following link: http://i.imgur.com/nrdbw.jpg

Here's how, in my handy visual instructions, courtesy of my expert MS Paint skills:

1) Click on "Upload a File" below the reply field.
PDF Image Posting 1.jpg

2) Click on "choose file," even though we are going to use a URL, not a file on our computer. (Apparently some users do not get this option, in which case, just skip to step 3).

PDF Image Posting 2.jpg

3) Go to the "file name" field at the bottom of the dialog window, even though we will not be selecting a file. You don't need to change to a specific folder or file location for this operation.

PDF Image Posting 3.jpg

4) Paste the URL of the image you want to use into the "file name" field.

PDF Image Posting 4.jpg

5) Click open, wait while PDF processes the file and attaches it.

6) Below the reply field, click on the "full image" icon to insert the image into the post where your cursor is sitting.
PDF Image Posting 5.jpg

7) Enjoy the liberty this brings.

nrdbw[1].jpg

Perhaps the administrators can be so kind as to create instructions for the users to avoid this question in the future, or better yet, automate the IMG tag to just have PDF download and attach the picture for us.

Last edited:
Happy to help. Let's say you want to upload the photo at the following link: http://i.imgur.com/nrdbw.jpg

Here's how, in my handy visual instructions, courtesy of my expert MS Paint skills:

View attachment 149022
2) Click on "choose file," even though we are going to use a URL, not a file on our computer.

View attachment 149023

3) Go to the "file name" field at the bottom of the dialog window, even though we will not be selecting a file. You don't need to change to a specific folder or file location for this operation.

View attachment 149025

View attachment 149026

5) Click open.

6) Below the reply field, click on the "full image" icon to post the image into the post where your cursor is sitting.
View attachment 149027

View attachment 149020

Perhaps the administrators can be so kind as to create instructions for the users to avoid this question in the future, or better yet, automate the IMG tag to just have PDF download and attach the picture for us.
I cant thank you enough....:-)
thanks for the prompt reply...and this was more than I expected.
:tup::tup::tup:
Should you not thank me that I asked the right guy for help??? :coffee:

c7a7d5a2444d13e2e4d1cfa91bf54a5e[1].jpg

yippiee!!!
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

View attachment 149022
2) Click on "choose file," even though we are going to use a URL, not a file on our computer.

View attachment 149023

View attachment 149025

View attachment 149026

5) Click open.

6) Below the reply field, click on the "full image" icon to post the image into the post where your cursor is sitting.
View attachment 149027

View attachment 149020

"As we know, there are known knowns; there are things that we know that we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know. -Donald Rumsfeld"
:tup:
Now, this is what we didn't know, but we know that we know, now.

"As we know, there are known knowns; there are things that we know that we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know. -Donald Rumsfeld"
:tup:
Now, this is what we didn't know, but we know that we know, now.

Ah, but there's the trap. We know it now, but what if the functionality changes yet again behind the scenes? Then we will think we know, when in fact we don't--the elusive unknown unknown.

this method stores the file in a temp folder on your computer, so essentially it's the same as downloading and then uploading it without the option to save to a particular location.

bring back
and have the forum auto store the
'd image on it's servers:pdf:

Back
Top Bottom