What's new

How much is your downpayment to buy your new vehicle ?

Hope you read my post afterindonindon period ended.
I'm providing car parts to GM Thailand - Rayong factory, in the country use many of pickup truck,
my sister also buy Toyota Tacoma back to 2010-2011 in US.

Most people here in Vietnam pay by cash average $2,000-2,500 to get their scooters for easy navigating in crowded streets, some paid over $5,500 for Piaggio or Honda SH scooters.

For car purchase, many pay 100% by cash ( $15,000 - 50,000+ )
If borrow money, average people had 30-50% down payment ($ 5,000-25,000 ) by cash, and the remain is a loan.
Why is it the price of scooter in vietnam more pricey than in my countrycountry indonesia, here average scooter price ranging from 1350us$ for a 110cc, 1450us$ for a 125cc, 2000 us$ for a 150cc yamaha nmax scooter,
I owned a 2011 second hand toyota land cruiser, it cost me 75.000 us$ in cash, and i bought a 2016 honda mobilio for every day use that worth 20.000 us$ using lease, with 30% downpayment, i had to pay about 450us$ for five years :)

I owned a second hand Suzuki Karimun for only US $ 4000 and that's enough for my mobility

So how much cash you paid for your car @alaungphaya ?

That's not a good question because I've lived in two of the worst places to own a new car - UK and Myanmar, but in the UK I drove a 4 year olfd BMW I got for around $12000 and I kept a couple of fun cars that I got for a few thousand and in Myanmar I paid $15000 for a used Toyota because all cars, new and old, costs many multiples of what they would in other countries because of a crippling tax.

That's not a good question because I've lived in two of the worst places to own a new car - UK and Myanmar, but in the UK I drove a 4 year olfd BMW I got for around $12000 and I kept a couple of fun cars that I got for a few thousand and in Myanmar I paid $15000 for a used Toyota because all cars, new and old, costs many multiples of what they would in other countries because of a crippling tax.
I know this is an off topic question and I agree cars depreciate about 30% of their value the moment you drive it out of the show room but I was meaning to ask what is going on in Myanmar at the moment between the state, Wa State Army and the Chinese? Are the Wa State allied with the Myanmar military? Do they have some sort of agreement to live inside their own little state within a state?

Hope you read my post after the ban period ended.
I'm providing car parts to GM Thailand - Rayong factory, in the country use many of pickup truck,
my sister also buy Toyota Tacoma back to 2010-2011 in US.

Most people here in Vietnam pay by cash average $2,000-2,500 to get their scooters for easy navigating in crowded streets, some paid over $5,500 for Piaggio or Honda SH scooters.

For car purchase, many pay 100% by cash ( $15,000 - 50,000+ )
If borrow money, average people had 30-50% down payment ($ 5,000-25,000 ) by cash, and the remain is a loan.

Thanks. We should talk more. So your sister buy toyota tacoma and sell it in Thailand? or in Vietnam?

Buying on credit is wasteful. My sisters Toyota van cost 40000 but if counting interest it was much more.

Car cost plus rego plus insurance plus fuel plus maintenance...

A bike is much better and healthier but not feasible for all cities.

Many autodealers have close to 0% interest so it usually doesn't really add much to the price.

Example: http://touch.toyota.com/deals/apr

But as somebody mentioned sinking a ton of cash into a depreciating asset isn't a good investment. Best to buy a car that you can drive for 15 years.

Many autodealers have close to 0% interest so it usually doesn't really add much to the price.

Example: http://touch.toyota.com/deals/apr

But as somebody mentioned sinking a ton of cash into a depreciating asset isn't a good investment. Best to buy a car that you can drive for 15 years.

LoL, his country military shouldn't bough any tank anymore as their value will depreciating

I bought a Honda City for 1.2 million INR... All cash.. In 2015.. Love the car.. Pleasure to drive...
Had the option of downpayment also... 20% upfront... Rest in monthly installments spread over 7 years.. Rate of interest at 5.99% a year....

Thanks. We should talk more. So your sister buy toyota tacoma and sell it in Thailand? or in Vietnam?

She buy it to use in US.

I owned a second hand Suzuki Karimun for only US $ 4000 and that's enough for my mobility

You are so wise.

Why is it the price of scooter in vietnam more pricey than in my countrycountry indonesia, here average scooter price ranging from 1350us$ for a 110cc, 1450us$ for a 125cc, 2000 us$ for a 150cc yamaha nmax scooter,
I owned a 2011 second hand toyota land cruiser, it cost me 75.000 us$ in cash, and i bought a 2016 honda mobilio for every day use that worth 20.000 us$ using lease, with 30% downpayment, i had to pay about 450us$ for five years :)

yes, pricing in Vietnam quite high.

Back
Top Bottom