What's new

How many of these cities have you been to?

Exactly my point. My company offered me a position on Hyd-kar motorway back then at double pay that i was getting in Havelian but i refused. Usually Road projects go through middle of no mans land where you wont see a thing for miles in this particular case.

True, but you could have either gone back to Hyderabad or Karachi after days work (?).

I wish to visit karachi and Quetta. And spend atleast 1 month in each city.

You have alot to see.
1 month in karachi sounds too exhausting and boring, not when you have tons of relatives though.

Balochistan is the real deal to visit. Moola chotak, Princess of hope

I have been to attock. Haripur. Lived in Abbotabad for 4 years. Worked in Havelian for 1 year. Traveled to Mansehra, naran kaghan, Galyaat, barra, torkham, and many more. But as they were not part of the list so i discarded them.

Exactly my point. My company offered me a position on Hyd-kar motorway back then at double pay that i was getting in Havelian but i refused. Usually Road projects go through middle of no mans land where you wont see a thing for miles in this particular case.
Plus the Motorway is one of the most robbed places even now as compared to others, overall the rates have been reduced, but still, All sorts of things can happen at that motorway.

A former army brat, so moved a lot. I have no trouble living in a new place. Don't get nostalgic to a place.

I have lived in following areas (most of them in 1st 15 yrs of my life):

Risalpur cantt
Mardan
Abdul Hakeem
Lahore (2-2.5 yrs)
Gilgit cantt (few months)
Kharian cantt (few months)
Rawalpindi (5+ yrs)
Taxila/wah/outskirts of haripur.
Islamabad (every so often over last 3 decades)
Karachi (few months as a kid in early 90s)

I have visited following:
Kohat
Hunza
Kasur
Chunian
Gujranwala
Abbottabad/mansehra
Swabi
Kamra
Multan
Peshawar
Swat
Murree
Tarbela cantt

Last edited:
1. Lahore
2. Faisalabad
3. Rawalpindi
4. Islamabad
============================
1. Galyat Region (Murree/Ayubia/NathiaGali)
2. Okara
3. Chiniot
4. Nankana Sahib

True, but you could have either gone back to Hyderabad or Karachi after days work (?).

When i was studying in Abbotabad ( i belong to Peshawar). I would usually go home after 2.5 or 3 months. So you see i am not that much into travel. I prefer to stay for a while. So going back and forth to kar/hyd is not viable.

Plus the Motorway is one of the most robbed places even now as compared to others, overall the rates have been reduced, but still, All sorts of things can happen at that motorway

It was under conatruction back then

When i was studying in Abbotabad ( i belong to Peshawar). I would usually go home after 2.5 or 3 months. So you see i am not that much into travel. I prefer to stay for a while. So going back and forth to kar/hyd is not viable.

When was this, I mean your project?

The distance between Karachi & Hyderabad (& Karachi & Thatta) isn't that long. If I were to be assigned any project on or around Hyderabad-Karachi highway I would have gone back to either city after the days work, depending on which is nearer.

i have only been to quetta in the late 1990s, i still remember passing through luk pass and it was so scary, today they have built a tunnel there. the city was okay but we visited hanna lake and waterfall. in the last day of our trip we experieced hail while we ventured to quetta markets and returning to karachi we experienced heavy rains, memorable trip.

regards

Islamabad
Murree
Mirpur
Kotli.

Really want to travel to:
Lahore
Faisalabad
Gujjrawala as I have friends there.

Gilgat
NeelamValley
Gwadar
Skardu

One day InshaAllah

Not many. Mirpur, one day trip to Lahore, then just towns and villages were relatives live.

My next trip to Pakistan will not be linked to anyone getting married - total waste of 3 weeks. Now the security situation is good, i want to travel.

When was this, I mean your project?

2 years ago.

Actually for someone belonging to Peshawar, Kar and Hyd both are really far. Plus i have no relatives whom i can visit on weekends. So i got no choice but to remain in camp which sucks. Trust me you dont want to live in a construction site camp. Coming back to home was also an issue as i will have to first go back to any of these cities and then take a bus or train which (depend on which one i take) would take 14 to 24 hours just to reach my home. You see, not a good choice.

2 years ago.

Actually for someone belonging to Peshawar, Kar and Hyd both are really far. Plus i have no relatives whom i can visit on weekends. So i got no choice but to remain in camp which sucks. Trust me you dont want to live in a construction site camp. Coming back to home was also an issue as i will have to first go back to any of these cities and then take a bus or train which (depend on which one i take) would take 14 to 24 hours just to reach my home. You see, not a good choice.

Understood. I thought the distance between Karachi and Hyderabad was your problem. Camping on Hyderabad-Karachi highway is certainly not a good idea.

Karachi
Sukhur
Jacobabad
Panu Aqil
Mirpur Mathelo
Larkana
Taunsa
Muridke
Sibbi
Wazirabad
Gujrat
Shikarpur