Bengali

Tooti footi French bhi, if that counts.

And of course English

@ghoul aisay boltay hain potohari may

Miki theek oon
Tiki kaisay hain????

From my region dialect, it would be like this:

1) Mein theek aan

2) Taara keh haal eh? (I don't think the word "kaisa" exist in pure Potohari).

From my region dialect, it would be like this:

1) Mein theek aan

2) Taara keh haal eh? (I don't think the word "kaisa" exist in pure Potohari).
Ohh thats very sweet sounding. Thanx for sharing

The Faroe Islands are self-governing (since 1948), formerly part of the Norwegian Empire (1035 to 1814), but now the Danish Realm, as with Iceland - all are self-governing nations.

Danish Realm

The Treaty of Kiel was the factor that saw the Faroe Islands split from the Norwegian Empire and bind with Denmark:

Treaty of Kiel
So in essence, u are saying that though faroe islands are self governing but they are under denmark's control, much like how falkland is under uk.

But what ireally want 2 know is that faroese us exactly whose language? And spoken in what parts of norway,denmark and sweden?
OMG I've been called that before. :woot:
--
Languages I know: Punjabi, Urdu, English
Want to Learn: Farsi, Arabic

Hahah @chalaku.

Oh yea ,i too really wanna learn farsi sounds great.
Farsi, french,pushto , spanish and maybe balochi. Wud be cool mix.

You can be my student for Pashtu ...but I am hot-headed teacher I tell you ...!

Oooooo!! :/

Tamil, English, Hindi (basic reading, writing and basic speaking, not colloquial :P ) and since Malayalam is fairly similar to tamil, can understand it

So in essence, u are saying that though faroe islands are self governing but they are under denmark's control, much like how falkland is under uk.

No they are more like Pakistan, India or Australia and the UK's Commonwealth, since they aren't an overseas territory like the UK's Falkland Islands, but still share a common history. It's just a fancy title, the Danish Realm, but in reality the Faeroe Islands are an independent nation with links to Denmark, via a treaty with Norway.

But what ireally want 2 know is that faroese us exactly whose language? And spoken in what parts of norway,denmark and sweden?

They use their own, unique language, that shares some commonality with Icelandic, but only in written-form and the old-world language of Norn - of the Northern Isles of Shetland and Orkney.

Denmark, Norway and Swedish share no commonality with Faroese. Here's a breakdown of the regional history of the regional languages - Faroese takes its roots from Old West Norse, since it was derived from Icelandic, a Norwegian territory founded by Norwegian settlers.

800px-Old_norse%2C_ca_900.PNG

The approximate extent of Old Norse and related languages in the early 10th century:
Old West Norse dialect - Red
Old East Norse dialect - Orange
Old Gutnish - Pink
Old English - Yellow
Crimean Gothic - Blue

Other Germanic languages with which Old Norse still retained some mutual intelligibility - Green

No they are more like Pakistan, India or Australia and the UK's Commonwealth, since they aren't an overseas territory like the UK's Falkland Islands, but still share a common history. It's just a fancy title, the Danish Realm, but in reality the Faeroe Islands are an independent nation with links to Denmark, via a treaty with Norway.

They use their own, unique language, that shares some commonality with Icelandic, but only in written-form and the old-world language of Norn - of the Northern Isles of Shetland and Orkney.

Denmark, Norway and Swedish share no commonality with Faroese. Here's a breakdown of the regional history of the regional languages - Faroese takes its roots from Old West Norse, since it was derived from Icelandic, a Norwegian territory founded by Norwegian settlers.

800px-Old_norse%2C_ca_900.PNG

The approximate extent of Old Norse and related languages in the early 10th century:
Old West Norse dialect - Red
Old East Norse dialect - Orange
Old Gutnish - Pink
Old English - Yellow
Crimean Gothic - Blue

Other Germanic languages with which Old Norse still retained some mutual intelligibility - Green
Thanx for sharing,it was quite an informative read.

Back
Top Bottom