What's new

How China's tier 5 or tier 6 cities look like?

People's Republic :)

Thing is - the kind of buildings that exist shows that the population there should be significant.
The roads on the other hand are empty.

Tier 5 towns in the US don't have skyscrapers - only some small buildings, a couple of markets, some small county stadiums, a church and that's about it.

It appears most of the towns showed herein don't have the houses in full occupancy. Probably not even a quarter occupancy. But they look very nice, no doubt about it. You can organize tours to model townships - how they can be built, and so on.
NICE observations:lol:
Where are all the people in USA tier 1, 2 cities ha?:rofl::rofl: must be some "Ghost Cities" LOL:rofl::rofl:
Sometimes its just too much to ask for you Indian's brain to functioning a little bit more human like.
"Jealousy killed is Real"
Check this out and then see if you can determine whether to shut up or continue shooting your curry bad breath as usual
5yqIyGK.jpg

New York
NCeB4i.jpg

Knoxville, Tennessee
q6cbxk.jpg

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
HkcvAz.jpg

Chicago, Illinois

I guess what you really want to say is those cities are just "ghost towns". @AndrewJin @GS Zhou you guys are more familiar with Chinese cities. What's you take?
Not really.

Ghost towns mean totally empty towns. There are many but some of these are probably not.

What are the populations in your Census for some of these places?

Where are all the people in USA tier 1, 2 cities ha?:rofl::rofl: must be some "Ghost Cities" LOL:rofl::rofl:
Sometimes its just too much to ask for you Indian's brain to functioning a little bit more human like.
Check this out and then see if you can determine whether to shut up or continue shooting your curry bad breath as usual
5yqIyGK.jpg

New York
NCeB4i.jpg

Knoxville, Tennessee
q6cbxk.jpg

HkcvAz.jpg

Chicago, Illinois
Do you understand the difference between a panoramic shot (for the Chinese towns) and a Long Exposure Shot (in the American cities example)?

Regardless, what is the population of the cities mentioned above? That should give us a good idea. I don't claim them to be ghost cities as of now. But the data will make things clear.

shooting your curry bad breath as usual
Check your arrogance and behave.

Not really.

Ghost towns mean totally empty towns. There are many but some of these are probably not.

Do you understand the difference between a panoramic shot (for the Chinese towns) and a Long Exposure Shot (in the American cities example)?

Regardless, what is the population of the cities mentioned above? That should give us a good idea. I don't claim them to be ghost cities as of now. But the data will make things clear.
Yeah yeah, you're right, please feel free to continued your "Jealousy field day" i've no problem LOL
BTW, How about prove to me you are not a untouchable before we carry on with our chat as you know the risk if you happened to be one, thanks in advance

5yqIyGK.jpg

New York
NCeB4i.jpg

Knoxville, Tennessee
q6cbxk.jpg

HkcvAz.jpg

Chicago, Illinois
Although I am "anti-india" in most cases, but I think what this guy is saying is relatively moderate. I think there is a simple answer to his question: people are working and not wandering around. And there is a thing called "rush hour", apparently it is not during which those pictures were taken.

Not really.

Check your arrogance and behave.

Xiamen again:

2ba36c3faf29eb04.jpg

fde30820b3ed690c.jpg

201736155354759.jpg

002lgEehgy6Jl4bufjI02&690

Yeah yeah, you're right, please feel free to continued your "Jealousy field day" i've no problem LOL
BTW, How about prove to me you are not a untouchable before we carry on with our chat as you know the risk if you happened to be one, thanks in advance
Yes.
My skin secretes a deadly poison. I am untouchable.

Jealousy? Of course. Clean roads, good buildings, greenery, few people. Anybody would be jealous.

Thing is - the kind of buildings that exist shows that the population there should be significant.

Tier 5 towns in the US don't have skyscrapers - only some small buildings, a couple of markets, some small county stadiums, a church and that's about it.

It appears most of the towns showed herein don't have the houses in full occupancy. Probably not even a quarter occupancy. But they look very nice, no doubt about it. You can organize tours to model townships - how they can be built, and so on.

China is a Huge massif country, even their land area is much bigger than Canada or US, only behind Russia.

That's why their Population density also much much Lower than india or japan and south korea.
Even lower than Germany and Italy.
China's population density is in the same range with Denmark, France, or Thailand.

And if you look at many photos there, they took it in Mid-day, where most of people is work in office or already at school.
It's a Typical of East Asians Hardworking culture. Just look at many small cities in China, japan, and South korea, mostly 'empty' in mid-day.

In japan maybe you can still find some oldery people hanging around in mid-day, because the problem of their population. But, that's another discussion.

And anyway, it's Tier 5 and 6 cities.
what you expect, Millions of horde hanging around in the streets on mid-day?

This is China, not India where the cities already Over-Crowded and the streets full of horde because Over population problems.

@terranMarine @yantong1980 @barjo @Svantana

Last edited:
Xiamen again:

2ba36c3faf29eb04.jpg

fde30820b3ed690c.jpg

201736155354759.jpg

002lgEehgy6Jl4bufjI02&690
You could just have stated the population of the town.
https://www.google.co.in/search?q=x...rome..69i57.2702j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

It's close to 3.5 million.

Case closed.

This is China, not India where the cities already Over-Crowded and the streets full of horde because Over population problems.
We have different philosophies.

PR China follows a city based civilization (now). India follows a rural framework. Most Indians live in the villages. Not cities.

It depends what city you are comparing them to. They are not any more "empty" than many cities in the US. These are tier-5 cities (county level?), and many of them I have never heard of.
They are not county townships.
But the core urban districts of prefecture level cities.
Usually, a prefecture level city administers several counties and county-level cities, but we only refer the core districts with the name of that prefecture.

Population of such prefecture level cities are usually several million (in some cases over 10 million).
But that population does not represent the real picture.
The core urban districts usually have population of 1-2 million.
They would be legit BIG CITY if they were in US/Australia/EU.

Shiyan City in my province, total population 3 million, downtown districts 0.8 million.
Downtown districts 1193km2.
Density is low.
屏幕快照 2017-09-10 03.19.05.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.google.co.in/search?q=x...rome..69i57.2702j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Case closed.

PR China follows a city based civilization (now). India follows a rural framework. Most Indians live in the villages. Not cities.

China is only at 56% urbanization rate. so there's still like 500 million people left to move to cities. the ideal urban-rural rate is 80-90%.

Indians will move towards cities in time, because that's where all the economic production is at. growing corn isn't going to make you a ton of money, but designing that drone that helps you grow that corn will. $$$

Case closed.

Villages could be urban or rural.
Urbanisation happens in big cities, as well as smaller townships.

China's urbanised village
屏幕快照 2017-09-10 02.35.06.jpg

China is only at 56% urbanization rate. so there's still like 500 million people left to move to cities. the ideal urban-rural rate is 80-90%.

Indians will move towards cities in time, because that's where all the economic production is at. growing corn isn't going to make you a ton of money, but designing that drone that helps you grow that corn will. $$$
India lacks urbanised big cities, urbanised smaller cities, as well as urbanised tiny townships.
If look at those tiny municipalities in Germany, they look like villages, but in essence, have been urbanised with full urban-style services.

China's urbanisation is full-round, from tierN cities to townships and villages.
@Götterdämmerung

Tucheng Town in Guizhou Province

Good for China - I have never been a fan of their policies but they have done a good job with infrastructure development at a very rapid clip.

I would suggest one refrains from commenting if he/she has little knowledge on this topic.

They are LEGIT BIG CITIES outside China.
They are called small tier3-5 cities in China
just because THEY ARE IN CHINA.

(@GS Zhou Thanks for the link again)

Tai'an City
Its population was 5,494,207 as of the 2010 census, of whom 1,735,425 lived in the built-up (or metro) area made of 2 urban districts (Taishan District and Daiyue District).
屏幕快照 2017-09-10 17.30.44.png

屏幕快照 2017-09-10 17.30.31.png

屏幕快照 2017-09-10 17.33.00.jpg
屏幕快照 2017-09-10 17.37.45.jpg
屏幕快照 2017-09-10 17.36.09.jpg
屏幕快照 2017-09-10 17.41.25.jpg
屏幕快照 2017-09-10 17.44.08.jpg

All photos screenshot from Tai'an City's panoramic photos
In Tai'an core urban districts

It's not our faults we have these BIG small cities in China with huge area of parks and lakes, well-designed and well-maintained!
This is how average non-famous Chinese cities look like.

We don't have low-skill low-education ill-health rat-bred young people wandering on the street riding a 2-wheeler in the middle of daytime!

Last edited:
和某些人废话有什么用?我们每天工作是为了改变自己的生活水平,这里没有什么懒散的人在哪没事晒太阳。有的时候不用解释那么多我对他们的国家不感兴趣和我们有关系的只有他们潜在的市场。

Many years ago, I strolled down the Shiji Boulevard in Shanghai. It's in the middle of Pudong and at midday virtually empty. I asked my Chinese friend who accompanied me why the gov. Is wasting so much space in the most expensive real estate where so few people seem to use. His explanation was quite interesting. He told me that's the utopia so many Chinese have been dreaming about as most of them have been living under crowded conditions all their life. The government is just answering to that dream of spaciousness, emptiness and at the same time modernity. From my point of view it's just wasted land that should be used for farming.

German large cities are usually very compact and yet very green without much overcrowding. In fact, many East Asians visiting Germany tell me that German streets seem to be empty, on Sunday you can virtually shoot 360 degree with an MG without hitting anyone, even in many parts of a big city.

What Chinese cities need is more compactness to save land for agriculture. It's a balance act. I also think any urban areas with more than 200 k population need at least a light rail system, cities with more than 500 k needs a mixture of light rail and metro. Cities larger than 1 Mio. need a metro and a suburb rail like our S-Bahn.

Back
Top Bottom