Dubious

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
:woot: who has tried this? I wanna know!! Looks awesome!!! :woot:

tumblr_mr6ctik55r1r75wm8o1_500.jpg

Zapato blends surfing and Flyboarding with new Hoverboard by ZR

Back in 2011, French jet ski champion Franky Zapata launched the Flyboard, which sent swimmers skyward propelled by a jet of water. Three years on he's put a new spin on the idea, revealing the Hoverboard by ZR. This new extreme-sport lives up to its futuristic namesake and offers riders an experience that sits somewhere between surfing and flyboarding.

The Hoverboard by ZR features a board resembling a wakeboard that is attached to a personal watercraft (PWC), such as a jet ski, via an 18 m (59 ft)-long hose. This supplies a flow of water that is expelled through a single nozzle with enough energy to propel the rider through the air at adrenalin-pumping speeds and heights. The 18 m of hose allows the companion jet ski rider to travel safely behind the Hoverboard user, giving them enough space to safely glide through the air and perform some fancy tricks.

hoverboard-15.jpg

Depending on the horsepower of the PWC, the Hoverboard can travel at speeds of up to 25 km/h (15.5 mph), while soaring up to 5 m (16.5 ft) above the water. Riders also have the option of upgrading to an Electronic Management Kit (EMK), which features a hand held throttle that connects to the jet ski engine and gives the user 100 percent control of the speed and thrust of the Hoverboard.

The Hoverboard can be used in the ocean, lakes or a large enough pond with a minimum depth of 4 m (13 ft), and is prohibited to be used in small bodies of water such as swimming pools. Zapata Racing suggests that Hoverboard users should be at least 16 years of age before testing out the sport and it is also mandatory for all new riders to undertake a one hour lesson at an approved training center.

hoverboard.jpg

Thrill-seekers looking to get their hands on a Hoverboard by ZR will have to fork out close to US$6,000 for the unit, and that doesn't include the cost of your own jet ski. The good news is that Zapata Racing also has plans to distribute the boards within its global network of rental operators.

You can check out the Hoverboard in action in the promotional video below.

Zapato blends surfing and Flyboarding with new Hoverboard by ZR

Last edited:
No bloody way am i trying that, i still remember when i went bungee jumping i actually peed my pants.

OMG :rofl: I havent gone bungee jumping...me would like to try that and this :woot:
Shit man i had no clue bungee jumping would be so scary , and only knew i wet my self after i came down . bloody scary stuff. :)

Shit man i had no clue bungee jumping would be so scary , and only knew i wet my self after i came down . bloody scary stuff. :)
:rofl: good thing it didnt pour down like rain on ya :ashamed:

Sorry for my earlier rude reply just couldnt stop laughing....but am curious
which one did you do...jump off a cliff, off a building, bridge in the wild? which one? :woot:
@jbgt90

Went white water rafting once, fell out of the boat , had the current drag me a bit , but bungee jumping was by far the scariest.
@jbgt90
which one did you do...jump off a cliff, off a building, bridge in the wild? which one? :woot:

:rofl: good thing it didnt pour down like rain on ya :ashamed:

@jbgt90
There was a tower in anjuna goa which did this way back in 98 . .

Been there seen that:(,sea ride Dubai 300 AED/20 min. They call it the fly board (the first pic),I was there seeing my mates enjoying whereas i was under-age at that time so couldn't .It is isn't fun as it looks the first timers just crash again and again.

Back
Top Bottom