What's new

Hours after Trump’s Muslim ban, Texas mosque burned to the ground

American society is a complete racist community. I had a dutch friend who told me about the racism feelings of Americans towards European immigrants even in their schools, workshops etc.
No one would forget what they did to native's of USA. No one would forget what they did to African blacks, called Negro in USA,.
USA is mother of modern fascism and racism.
RIP USA

America is the greatest country in the world. I reiterate that there is no problem building a mosque anywhere. Despite the intolerance and Islamophobia that is present with some individuals, the vast majority of Americans are a fair and good people.

The laws of the land, up until the recent past, protect all. When there is disagreement, a set of laws are in place and the rule of law is respected.

Case in point, despite this mosque being burned down, the gofundme page has several donations by non muslims.

Additionally, despite the ban on entry of muslims from the seven nations, various groups are attempting legally to challenge it. There are also protests outside JFK airport.

I contend that this is a dark period in the history of the United States but I have great faith in America and Americans.

Fully agreed. Despite our different views on US foreign policies, I agree what you said and I have faith in America and her system when it comes to minorities.

Americans are generally good people it is just their media that has created fear among them a fear based on misguided policies.

Jewish people give Muslims key to their synagogue after town's mosque burns down

texas-mosque.jpg

Jewish people in a small Texas city handed Muslim worshippers the keys to their synagogue after the town's only mosque was destroyed in a fire.

The Victoria Islamic Centre burned down on Saturday and had previously been burgled—the cause is being investigated by federal officials.

But the town's Muslim population will not be without a place to worship while their building is reconstructed, thanks to their Jewish neighbours.

Robert Loeb, the president of Temple Bnai Israel, told Forward: "Everyone knows everybody, I know several members of the mosque, and we felt for them. When a calamity like this happens, we have to stand together.

"We have probably 25 to 30 Jewish people in Victoria, and they probably have 100 Muslims. We got a lot of building for a small amount of Jews."

One of the mosque's founders, Shahid Hashmi, said: "Jewish community members walked into my home and gave me a key to the synagogue."

The centre was built in 2000.

Donations and an online fundraising campaign have raised more than $900,000 (£717,000) for reconstruction.

The blaze was discovered at at about 2am on Saturday by a clerk at a convenience store, who called the fire department. It took around four hours to bring it under control and no injuries were reported.

I think it also has to be stated thet American donators have donated Generously to rebuild the burnded down mosque and giving Thousands in charity

Donations have generally poured in to rebuild

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom