Hosting of the Tri-Colour in Central Universities :: What made General Bakshi Cry?

$@rJen

BANNED
Hosting of the Tri-Colour in Central Universities :: What made General Bakshi Cry?
Saturday, February 20, 2016
By: Anshu Kumar - DefenceNews

A soldier dies but never cries. Major General G.D. Bakshi needs no introduction he is really a man of honor and a great source of inspiration for a millions of youth like me. He is a war veteran and has dedicated 36 years of his life in sacred the service of our motherland. He is also the editor of Indian Military review.

On a debate hour on Times Now the debate was on “Why some people are protesting the hosting of Tricolor in all the central universities”. The debate was hosted by one of the most famous and authentic journalist Arnab Goswami. The three debaters by whose comments Gen. Bakshi was hurt were Dr. Iman Kalyan Lahiri, Prof. of International relation in the University of Jadhavpur, Shabnam Lone, Advocate at the Supreme Court and Ajay Alok, J.D.U Politician.

Gen Bakshi was getting hurt from the very beginning of the debate as these people were again and again asserting that there was absolutely no need of having the national flag in the Universities. General was getting iteratively irritated as Prof Lahiri was making nonsense arguments about the flag should not be hosted.

One of his statements were “our university has its own flag”. The readers can judge what kind of a half minded illiterate and unpatriotic argument is this, which universities flag can be compared with our national flag.

General got upset with the arguments of Ajay Alok as he tried to politicize the whole issue on a religious ground. He commented on the color of national flag. He tried to make it a JDU BJP debate but his attempt was stopped by Arnab Goswami. Not only had this he accused the General, Mr. Goswami and other debaters that they are “EXTREME

NATIONALISTS” and the people who are in support of this or the acts of the present government also extreme nationalists.
General Bakshi in the reply to these told that a soldier dies for the national flag and he has seen very good men giving up their lives for “That tattered piece of silk cloth”.

The general fiercely replied that-

Extreme patriotism is leaded on the battlefield that our soldiers do they sacrifice their lives and go beyond the call of duty.
He then said that I have seen hundreds of good men walking on plastic legs.

On this Ajay Alok replied –
We all are constitutional patriots and we do not need extreme nationalism.

Without having any respect to this great soldier these people kept on hurting him. At a point of debate General said that he will like to leave the debate if these people keep on questioning the hosting of national flag, which is the pride of Indian people.

Then Lt. Gen BN Jaiswal, former northern commander called from Chandigarh and took a stand with Gen Bakshi and told that “Our flag represent our nationhood”.

He continued with saying-

For the national flag to be hosted on Tiger Hill top our men never thought of their families or politics or anything else but nation.

After he got off the line Shabnam Lone, in a very insulting way told General Bakshi –
“Aapko kya tender mila hai patriotism ka, Now how do I know these people are honest?”

(These people here refers to Genreal Bakshi, General Jaiswal and Arnab Goswami and the people who defend the country.)
“Aap apni tariff khud hi kiye jaa rahe ho”

By saying this I think she not only insulted General Bakshi but also our Army and the readers would be also getting that how a lady who would have not heard a bullet’s sound was insulting a retired army officer by questioning his honesty.

On listening the lady’s statement General Bakshi broke in tears and said in a shivering voice as he was trying to control his tears.

“Shabnam beta mujhe koi certificate nai mila……….

Mai hanth jor kar vinti kar raha hu ki aap hamare jawano ki kadar kijiye jo mar gaye h, shahid ho gaye hai. Aap unhe kuch nai de sakte……………………………………………………………………………………”

General Bakshi was a battle group commander in the Kargil war he was awarded with VSM (Vishishta Seva Medal) .I am sure he wouldn’t have had a bit of tear in his eyes when he was facing bullets on the kargil heights but the General Cried on National Television for these comments that were not only on him but on the soldiers who have martyred for protecting the honor of Indian people.

Readers I am extremely sad today as someone has insulted our army and with a heavy heart I am compelled to write that “Those who save us from bullets are insulted and we are doing nothing”.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This article is written by Aayush Sinha exclusively for defencenews.in
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

LOL at the People of India .

The Flag represents our fight against oppressive Britishers who treated us like Dogs .
00 (253).gif
India.gif

Mumbai mein hum log casually kehte hein "inki g**nd pe laath maar ke marwa do". Time has come for something like that to do with these armchair patriots who have no second thoughts insulting our General on prime time.

I'm all for shoving the 45 foot pole with national flag down the throat of the joker who says 'our university has own flag'. I didn't know how this can even be open for debate?

Some reports say cost of hoisting flags at each university will cost about Rs 45lakhs and about Rs 65k to maintain it.

I am all for patriotism and national feelings, i every time I saw a majestic tri color it has given me goosebumps,but this expense has made me think again. I am a student of a state university campus for the past half a year or so,but we don't have adequate facilities,including toilets.

I would never support making insensitive remarks in debates but I don't think our new generation needs to have flags to cultivate patriotism, its sense and sensibility they need,right from the school days. Only then will they put 'India' ahead of their religions, view points, political parties, communities or whatever.

I would've supported this inspite of the expenses had it been in any other occasion,but certainly not in the light of the recent events. Its like screaming look our people are fighting on the streets,lets put some flags everywhere so we can grow some patriotism into them. National icons are not to be degraded that way.