What's new

Home Minister offered to resign after Dantewada attack: Sources

Naxal violence: Time not for blame game, says Buddhadeb

West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, who was recently targeted by Home Minister P Chidambaram, said on Friday that this was no time for blame game and called for 'collective responsibility' in tackling Naxal menace in the wake of the Dantewada massacre.

Describing the Naxal situation as very serious, a conciliatory Bhattacharjee said, "This is not the time to blame anyone. This is not the time to blame each other. It is time to work together. It's a collective responsibility and we must work collectively."

The Chief Minister said this when asked for his response to Chidambaram accepting full responsibility earlier in the day for the Maoist attack in Chattisgarh in which 75 CRPF men were killed and for the home minister's remark that the 'buck stops' at his desk.

"Until and unless we work collectively it is very difficult to tackle Maoist violence," he said.

Bhattacharjee had on Monday hit back at Chidambaram for his comments after a visit to Lalgarh that 'the buck stopped at the chief minister's table' on maintaining law and order in West Bengal and asked him to "mind" his language.

An angry Bhattacharjee had said Chidambarams remark criticising him for inter-party clashes in the Left-ruled state was not the 'language of politicians'.

"What is the situation in the country now? He should perform his own duty. I am carrying out my responsibilities," the chief minister had said.

Bhattacharjee on Friday said he would talk to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on the Naxal issue after his return from a week-long visit to the US and Brazil beginning Saturday.

"We should revamp our plans and operations. That is very important," he said, adding "all of us should give the matter a serious thought."

The chief minister said his government was trying to improve its operations against the Maoists.

"I am not satisfied with the situation (on account of fight against Maoists). We have to do more," he said.

At his press conference today, the chief minister also said Trinamool Congress was "hand-in-glove" with Maoists and that he had conveyed this to Chidambaram, who "did not like it".

"Whenever I meet the Home Minister, I have been telling him that they (Trinamool Congress and Maoists) are working hand-in-glove. There is a serious problem," he said when asked whether it was true that Mamata Banerjee's party was working with Maoists and if he had told Chidambaram about it.

Asked about Chidambaram's response, he said, "As usual he did not like it. The Home Minister does not like any party, any individual, NGO or the media supporting the Maoists."

Naxal violence: Time not for blame game, says Buddhadeb

A move to garner sympathy and move the spotlight away from the Maoist attack.....He's feeling the heat apparently.

He is sad that even so much hard work of his is not paying off.

for 40 years politicians down played naxals............now he is trying, but he didnt have a magic wond, that he can do it just like that.
Law and order is states responsibility, center can only assist them

Chidambaram better F-off from his designation. He does better only chewing paans,but not governing.
He screwed up whole Andhra, then pune and now loosing the credibility of police.
He is simply one big ahole in my opinion.

well they should ask our state home minister to send the greyhound police commandos .trust me they may be bloody brutal but things will work

these commandos were use to be soo brutal they came under fire from human rights groups and ammesty international. their motto is just kill they were also accused of wiping out small villages

once if their index finger is on the trigger the don care for human sheilds or civilians they just make sure the job isz done

Last edited:
i remember the words of a grey houd commando during an interview couple of years back he said we dont worry about dying but we make sure the other bastered isz dead before we go down

well they should ask our state home minister to send the greyhound police commandos .trust me they may be bloody brutal but things will work

Greyhouds were the mean special force of AP exclusively to tackle Naxals and anti-social elements.

If my memory serves me right, it was in 2005 when one unit of greyhouds surrounded a high level Naxal top brass having a meet in Nalamala forrest area. It was supossed to that all the top cadre over the country were present there.GH were just less than 200m near the meeting area and were ready to kill all those 300+ members at the meeting spot. It was infact no way out for teh rebels and only 2 options left.Either get killed or surrender. And it was known through the interception of a sat phone talk between one of the naxal leader and an congress MLA of that nearby consittuency, to call off the operation hunting ground.

Its really sad that the cong gov in power under the leadership of YSR call of the operation.Home minister Jana Reddy himself took the special interest in letting the naxals pass through.

It was a disastrous scene that,some 300+ naxal including thier top leaders and other commanders walked infront of this GH forces calling slogans.

In other instance when this same GH forces again caught 3 state naxal commanders, some F-ed up human rights groups protested infront of assembly for their release.

DO India really lacked the capability to tackle the naxalism menance? NO
Congress gov needs this very owned naxalism for its political playground.

P.S: It is certainly true that Maoists all over the India only fear one brutal force. Its none other than AP GREY HOUNDS.
I got a chance to meet these people during a weapons demonstation.I swear,a tough guy cant even stand infront of them.

Back
Top Bottom