ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hockey: Pakistan beat Netherlands in Champions Trophy quarter finals
By Web Desk
Published: December 11, 2014
805226-Image_CH-1418286844-908-640x480.jpg

Express News screen grab of Pakistan's hockey team celebrating after their win against Netherlands.

BHUBANESWAR: Pakistan’s hockey team beat Netherlands on Thursday in the quarter final round of the Champions Trophy taking place in Bhubaneswar, India, Express News reported.

Netherlands lost 4-2 in the quarter-final and Pakistan will now have to wait to find out who they will face in the semi-final round as there are three other quarter-finals still to be played: Argentina vs Australia, Germany vs England and India vs Belgium.

After the match, the captain Muhammad Imran was awarded the Man of the Match award.

“I believe in my team and my coaches. The boys played really well,” the captain said.

“Holland is a good side, but today we did a great job,” he said. ”I am thankful to the Indian crowds for supporting the Pakistan hockey team,” Imran said.

The team’s coach, Sheikh Shahnaz, said “I promised my nation that we would be in the top four.”

“I thank the people of Pakistan for praying for me and my team,” the coach said.
--------------------------------------
Unpredictable & Ruthless, from no where they bounced back defeated one of the best team in the recent years.... thats Pakistan fro you :P

how can a team lose all 3 pool matches and then qualify for Q/F. crazy format.

Its pakistan first win against netherland since 1998. Congrats to them

Pakistan Won The QF4
Netherlands 2- 4 Pakistan

Australia Won QF2
Argentina 2 -4 Australia

Germany Won QF1
England 0 -2 Germany

QF3: Belgium V India At 19:30HRS
Belgium V India

how can a team lose all 3 pool matches and then qualify for Q/F. crazy format.
There are total 8 teams divided into two pool A and B. Group matches are there to decide which teams would play against whom in quarterfinal. Pakistan were last in their group and they played netherland which were top in their group

Pakistan is bouncing back in international sports. :pakistan:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom