What's new

Hockey: Mens Group A Match 20 - Pakistan vs India!

well its insulting to loose from india and disgusting to loose by such margin...
overall Pakistan's Hockey is dead ... Just like Squash ... RIP

But, your wrestler won the gold against Indian. So you must be happy. :wave:

They deserve most humiliating welcome possible and a serious spanking. As$h0les players. God knows why they represent Pakistan at such a level when they are so dumb.
:angry:

A beautiful game by both sides. India had a good start. Pakistan put up a gutsy fight. But missed too many chances. Anyways, congrats to team India.

After all its a game.The initial 10 minutes set the tempo and Pakistan couldnt really recover from the early setbacks.

Those players dont deserve Words like As$holes..after all its a game and not a war.

Anyways as Gunner said it was a beautiful game of Sub-continental hockey and congrats to both teams.

Semi final Lineup:-

India V/s England

Australia V/s New Zealand

Pakistan's hockey defeat leaves former stars fuming

KARACHI: Former Pakistan hockey stars Monday blamed poor management for the national team’s humiliating defeat against arch-rivals India in the Commonwealth Games, predicting more disasters to come.

Pakistan went down 7-4 to India in the last group match of the field hockey event on Sunday, sending their rivals to the semi-finals and facing play-offs for fifth position.

Olympian and former coach Shahnaz Sheikh blamed the management and Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) for a lack of planning.

“It was shocking to see Pakistan lose like this,” Sheikh told AFP. “At this same ground we beat India 7-1 in 1982 and this time we lost in a shameful manner, for which the blame goes to those at the helm.”

Sheikh said the team lost the match in the first 20 minutes.

“India launched a relentless attack and scored four goals in the first 20 minutes, which left our team bewildered,” said Sheikh, famous for his dodges and dribbling during his illustrious career.

“The president of PHF, chief selector and team coach were on different lines before the Games, so it was not difficult to imagine what would happen to the team.

“Finishing 12th and last in the World Cup earlier this year was the first tsunami in Pakistan hockey, Sunday’s was the second and if this slide is not stopped then, God forbid, more disasters will come in Pakistan hockey,” said Sheikh.

Pakistan, three time Olympic and four time world champions, have slid at international level, finishing a worst-ever eighth in the Beijing Olympics in 2008 and 12th at the World Cup in February-March this year.

In May, Pakistan appointed Dutchman Michel Van den Heuvel as team coach in a bid to meet the European and Australian challenge.

Sheikh demanded changes in the PHF.

“I request the prime minister and president to save the national hockey through some serious steps, which includes removing the PHF set-up, which is not competent enough to run the sport,” he said.

Former captain Shahbaz Ahmed said Van den Heuvel would not be able to solve Pakistan’s problems.

“When I played league hockey in the Netherlands, I found him an ordinary coach and I told club’s president that if he (Van den Heuvel) remains the coach then we will not be able to win any trophy.” Ahmed said PHF top officials were prone to make excuses for poor performances.

“When they flopped in the World Cup they sacked coach Shahid Ali Khan and now they will make another excuse,” said Ahmed.

Another former star Mansoor Ahmed said Pakistan lacked confidence.

“A vociferous crowd was the difference for me,” said Ahmed of the 19,000 strong crowd which backed the home team on Sunday.

“Moreover our Dutch coach couldn’t understand the tempo of an Indo-Pak match, which is always very fast.

“We were badly let down.” -AFP

Back
Top Bottom