What's new

HMS Astute gun shot because of toilet fight

malllawcha

New Recruit

Reaction score
One dead, one seriously injured in reported toilet dispute on British nuclear submarine

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...uclear-submarine/story-e6freuy9-1226036380009

A Ministry of Defence source told the Times, "With civic dignitaries on board, toilet arrangements were stretched to the absolute limit. I'm told the rating said he urgently needed to attend a call of nature only to be ordered to allow visitors first use of a toilet near the control room. It appears that matters suddenly got out of hand and shots were fired."

Hmmm, this incident somehow demonstrate the importance of discipline as a millitary service man especially in a sub VS the call of nature for a toilet of a human being. But shooting someone for such....?

Hmmm, this incident somehow demonstrate the importance of discipline as a millitary service man especially in a sub VS the call of nature for a toilet of a human being. But shooting someone for such....?

more likely there was a larger problem in the mans life. And the incident on the sub was simply the trigger that set him off.

Aah, I don't blame him for fighting. But shooting, really?

Imagine spending weeks down in a cramped little room with no sunlight for weeks with nothing to do, at all.

That toliet thing was the last straw that sets him off.

According to others the guy despite being in navy, does not like being out to sea, and claims he suffers from stress. Astute had just finished a 46 day sail, and this guy was put on that tour even though he was eligible for a 7 week holiday due to last minute personnel reshuffling.

edit: I think gunshots would sound really loud inside the enclosed confines of the submarine.

HMS has had a string of misfortunes. She ran aground in Scotland and then collided with the tug which was dragging her out. When she went back to sea after these incidents, she broke down and had to return to port. And now this.

What would happened if that trigger any nuclear disaster ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom