HK police prepare for Occupy Central protest

TaiShang

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Global Times

Above is the title of the article appeared on Global Times.

But on this thread, I do not want to dicuss that particular grouping itself. So, please refrain from making it a "ah China collapses" thread.

I have a fundamental question that puzzles me.

Occupy movement first started in the US under the name of Occupy Wall Street.

It has long since died down. But it died down not because the government/regime responded 'any' one of the grievances that had initially led the whole thing to set off. Hence,

1. Why did it die down before it achieved none of the stated goals?

2. Why the occupy movements elsewhere are so persistent although they are equally (if not more) mariginal (in terms of numbers, political will and formulation etc.) as the original Occupy Wall Street?

My answer to the first one:

1. The use of state police force and a total media-business partnership killed the OWS. Also, they lacked funding. If NGOs of China, Russia or others had provided funds, the movement would last longer.

Answer to the second one:

2. They are persistent because of their internationalized nature. Hence, they are not indigenous. So long as funds keep coming, people will remain interested.

But there might as well be other explanations.

Last edited:
Most Chinese know its foreign NGO sponsored. If I was CPC, I have an idea that can end these protests easily. I have a few of my people as part of the group to incite violence,, ie. break some store windows, pushing some people, start fights, knife some people, etc. This will cause the police to intervene quicker rather than later.
At the same time, it will give these people a bad rep in HK society.

HK is great due to the fact it is a financial hub.

HK will lose its attraction if it becomes a political hub.

BTW, as long as those protestors maintain order, just let them proceed for such march.

Just do not cause problems for other people and business to run their normal fairs.
Global Times

Above is the title of the article appeared on Global Times.

But on this thread, I do not want to dicuss that particular grouping itself. So, please refrain from making it "ah China collapses" thread.

I have a fundamental question that puzzles me.

Occupy movement first started in the US under the name of Occupy Wall Street.

It has long since died down. But it died down not because the government/regime responded 'any' one of the grievances that had initially led the whole thing to set off. Hence,

1. Why did it die down before it achieved none of the stated goals?

2. Why the occupy movements elsewhere are so persistent although they are equally (if not more) mariginal (in terms of numbers, political will and formulation etc.) as the original Occupy Wall Street?

My answer to the first one:

1. The use of state police force and a total media-business partnership killed the OWS. Also, they lacked funding. If NGOs of China, Russia or others had provided funds, the movement would last longer.

Answer to the second one:

2. They are persistent because of their internationalized nature. Hence, they are not indigenous. So long as funds keep coming, people will remain interested.

But there might as well be other explanations.

Foreign moon is always rounder... :)

Hmm, now these abroad foundation supported NGOs begin to damage HK. Though I am not willing to see the worse output, HK has its destiny to return its historic track.

Let them show and lets wait and see.
HK is great due to the fact it is a financial hub.

HK will lose its attraction if it becomes a political hub.

BTW, as long as those protestors maintain order, just let them proceed for such march.

Just do not cause problems for other people and business to run their normal fairs.

Foreign moon is always rounder... :)
Dont be too sad. Crisis means risk and oppotunity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom