What's new

HIV also known as Aids growth in India is crazy

Even at 20 million that is less than 1.5% of population. South Africa has 18% that is HIV infected. South African society is surviving. it is not pretty but it aint collapsing.
One Indian truck driver picks up aids at a brothel and then infects 100 others along his route at different stops.
Someone is living in the late 1990s.

HIV is under control. By official stats India has 2 million patients. South Africa has 20% of population as HIV infected. they are not falling apart. FYI I have walked through HIV patient ward in the late 1990s. it was frightening and depressing.

The arithmetic is simple. There are 6 million truck drivers in India. If a million of them stop at brothels enroute and 10% get infected that means 100000 HIV/AIDs carriers; if each makes 1 stop a day then that means 700000 infections (plus their wives if they are married) in a week and 36 million infections in a year.

Tourists should be warned to stay away from India.

India has been largely effective with its response to HIV and has reduced the number of new infections by more than 50 per cent between 2001 and 2012 (UNAIDS Global Report 2013).
src : http://in.one.un.org/task-teams/hiv-aids/

Having said that India is still has 2.5 million living with HIV/AIDs. Its third largest in world. This is because although new cases have reduced, but it keeps adding to old numbers, so total count of carriers is increasing..Indias fight against HIV is prime example for many countries and has been recognized by WHO and UN.

Even at 20 million that is less than 1.5% of population. South Africa has 18% that is HIV infected. South African society is surviving. it is not pretty but it aint collapsing.
It seems that you are more confident than the South African president.
The South African president said that South Africa will eventually be destroyed by AIDS.

If the antidote to AIDS cannot be found, the total population of Botswana will be reduced by more than half in 20 years .That means the total population of China has been reduced from 1.4 billion to 700 million in 20 years.

Of course, if everyone is a carrier of HIV, there is nothing terrible!

One Indian truck driver picks up aids at a brothel and then infects 100 others along his route at different stops.

The arithmetic is simple. There are 6 million truck drivers in India. If a million of them stop at brothels enroute and 10% get infected that means 100000 HIV/AIDs carriers; if each makes 1 stop a day then that means 700000 infections (plus their wives if they are married) in a week and 36 million infections in a year.

How would this approach sound.
Lets take that 10% of pakistan population is hardcore islam fundamentalist. That is roughly 25 millions. I we take just 10% of them who visits madarsa with jihadist nature, then its like 2.5mn probable jidhadist and if we consider these people are able to indoctrinate atleast 10 people in a year, that means approx 25mn are now with jihadist mentality every year.

Not only tourist entire globe be warned of Pakistan.

Sorry to say such maths doesnt work.
We have to go by the methods used by govt agencies which has direct connection with health organizations.

Phele jake polio hataye, hamari baat baad mein kare....

You need a head transplant from :china:
images

Seeing the widespread ignorance and lack of knowledge here regarding HIV is disturbing. Also a special shoutout to this @GumNaam guy for his pathetic, disgraceful and laughable attempt of creating misinformation which I can understand is partly due to his biased nature towards India.
To start with please do not use HIV and AIDS interchangeably. They are different things. HIV is virus that can cause AIDS. HIV causes the CD4 cells to decrease and if the count goes below 200, the body becomes prone to very common infections and cancer and that condition is known as Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome or AIDS.
Trust me when I say we haven't seen the true horror of this disease. People who lived through the 1980's and 1990's would have seen what this condition really was when scores of predominantly young gay men in west were just dying of cancers namely leukemia, Kaposi Sarcoma and common infections from bacterias and fungus. Then came ART which controlled the disease and increased the cd4 count back to normalcy.
From then to now a lot of advancement has happened in the field of HIV medicine with different classes of medicines for HIV. For HIV medicines to fail completely the virus has to acquire resistance to at least 3-4 lines of treatment which is very rare nowadays. Another thing which has reduced is the toxicity of the medicines. There are better tolerated by people now.This year scientists developed injectable medicines which can be taken once a month and this is a very big thing as till now people had to take the medicine daily and if they forget a single dose they carry the risk of virus gaining resistance. One more thing to recently happen in this space is two people got cured of their HIV. Although the procedure through which they went through was a very harsh and risky one and cannot be availed for common population but scientists are very close to replicate the mechanism through gene editing and other avenues. There are a lot of more exciting research going on. I wish I could elucidate all of them in this post but lets leave that for another time. But even on the safer side I am assuming we will get at least a functional cure by 2025.
Now coming to claims of this gumnaam our self proclaimed statistician who came up with the figure of 20 million infected by HIV through his highly proclaimed mathematical model. The Indian figure of 2 million by NACO is a very accurate one. Even the most conservative models by scientist put the figure to be 3-4 million. Although I believe the figure to be around ~ 3 million as most of the people in India with HIV the late 1990's and early 2000's unfortunately died with the condition.
India is seen as a leader in manufacturing cheap HIV medicines by completely disregarding western patents and for this very reason the African and other poor countries look towards India for cheap generic medicines.
This is one of the worst epidemics mankind has faced due to which 40 million people perished and another 40 million are suffering.
How do I know all this stuff? I plan to open an NGO for people suffering with HIV this year or next year. I want everyone here to empathise with these people suffering social, mental ,physical all kinds of hardship one can imagine.

Last edited:
Seeing the widespread ignorance and lack of knowledge regarding HIV is disturbing here. Also a special shoutout to this @GumNaam guy for his pathetic, disgraceful and laughable attempt of creating misinformation which I can understand is partly due to his biased nature towards India.
To start with please do not use HIV and AIDS interchangeably. They are different things. HIV is virus that can cause AIDS. HIV causes the CD4 cells to decrease and if the count goes below 200, the body becomes prone to very common infections and cancer and that condition is known as Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome or AIDS.
Trust me when I say we haven't seen the true horror of this disease. People who lived through the 1980's and 1990's would have seen what this condition really was when scores of predominantly young gay men in west were just dying of cancers namely leukemia, Kaposi Sarcoma and common infections from bacterias and fungus. Then came ART which controlled the disease and increased the cd4 count back to normalcy.
From then to now a lot of advancement has happened in the field of HIV medicine with different classes of medicines for HIV. For HIV medicines to fail completely the virus has to acquire resistance to at least 3-4 lines of treatment which is very rare nowadays. Another thing which has reduced is the toxicity of the medicines. There are better tolerated by people now.This year scientists developed injectable medicines which can be taken once a month and this is a very big thing as till now people had to take the medicine daily and if they forget a single dose they carry the risk of virus gaining resistance. One more thing to recently happen in this space is two people got cured of their HIV. Although the procedure through which they went through was a very harsh and risky one and cannot be availed for common population but scientists are very close to replicate the mechanism through gene editing and other avenues. There are a lot of more exciting research going on. I wish I could elucidate all of them in this post but lets leave that for another time. But even on the safer side I am assuming we will get at least a functional cure by 2025.
Now coming to claims of this gumnaam our self proclaimed statistician who came up with the figure of 20 million infected by HIV through his highly proclaimed mathematical model. The Indian figure of 2 million by NACO is a very accurate one. Even the most conservative models by scientist put the figure to be 3-4 million. Although I believe the figure to be around ~ 3 million as most of the people in India with HIV the late 1990's and early 2000's unfortunately died with the condition.
India is seen as a leader in manufacturing cheap HIV medicines by completely disregarding western patents and for this very reason the African and other poor countries look towards India for cheap generic medicines.
This is one of the worst epidemics mankind has faced due to which 40 million people perished and another 40 million are suffering.
How do I know all this stuff? I plan to open an NGO for people suffering with HIV this year or next year. I want everyone here to empathise with these people suffering social, mental ,physical all kinds of hardship one can imagine.
ngo's have a bad reputation but good luck with your goal.

ngo's have a bad reputation but good luck with your goal.
I just want to help people in the most effective way possible. Will start with HPV vaccination programs for college and school girls. Its also a very neglected disease causing cervical cancer which can be easily prevented by a simple vaccine. I'm just 26 so dont have much idea of how NGO's operate and why they have a bad reputation.

I just want to help people in the most effective way possible. Will start with HPV vaccination programs for college and school girls. Its also a very neglected disease causing cervical cancer which can be easily prevented by a simple vaccine. I'm just 26 so dont have much idea of how NGO's operate and why they have a bad reputation.
I don't want to condemn the behavior of Indians, but the Indian government is very unsuccessful in stopping the spread of AIDS. Many Indians are infected with AIDS not because they have taken drugs or unprotected sex, just because they go to see a doctor or a dentist in a medical clinic with a bad condition and shared the same needle with others.
In today's China, it is a serious crime for any medical personnel not to use disposable needles,once found,those who did will be sentenced to imprisonment.

Medical syringes (injection needles) must be disposable, which is a matter of principle that cannot be discussed.

2)
The spread of AIDS among Africans is mainly due to irresponsible sexual behavior, and the spread of AIDS among Indians is mainly due to unsanitary medical equipment.

In the 1990s, in China, there was a time when there was a large spread of HIV due to the sharing of blood and medical equipment. However, the Chinese Communist government has taken mandatory measures to require all medical supplies to be used only once,thus medical HIV transmission has been largely solved. Of course, China is also facing a serious problem of HIV-infection problems. The main route of transmission of HIV in China is foreigners (foreign HIV-infected people and drug smuggling and drug abusers spread across the border of Yunnan Province, South China).

I don't want to condemn the behavior of Indians, but the Indian government is very unsuccessful in stopping the spread of AIDS. Many Indians are infected with AIDS not because they have taken drugs or unprotected sex, just because they go to see a doctor or a dentist in a medical clinic with a bad condition and shared the same needle with others.
In today's China, it is a serious crime for any medical personnel not to use disposable needles,once found,those who did will be sentenced to imprisonment.

Medical syringes (injection needles) must be disposable, which is a matter of principle that cannot be discussed.

2)
The spread of AIDS among Africans is mainly due to irresponsible sexual behavior, and the spread of AIDS among Indians is mainly due to unsanitary medical equipment.

In the 1990s, in China, there was a time when there was a large spread of HIV due to the sharing of blood and medical equipment. However, the Chinese Communist government has taken mandatory measures to require all medical supplies to be used only once,thus medical HIV transmission has been largely solved. Of course, China is also facing a serious problem of HIV-infection problems. The main route of transmission of HIV in China is foreigners (foreign HIV-infected people and drug smuggling and drug abusers spread across the border of Yunnan Province, South China).

Its same in India. What made you think that we are using reusable syringes / Except for one or two isolated incidents, no body uses reusable syringes. We make our own generic drugs, information sharing, condom and free syringe distribution to vulnerable group and behavioral changes have mostly contained the HIV spread in almost all of country. Lastly being HIV+ve is not that one stop becoming a productive member of the society. With govt. help infact many have restarted their lives.

HPV will probably become part of NIP soon.
https://scroll.in/pulse/865284/effi...e-on-the-cervical-cancer-vaccine-erupts-again

Your country can't even get rid of Polio, forget HIV , stop talking $hit about us,Your citizens should be banned from traveling outside Pakistan.How about that ?
you dont even know how many of your citizens are HIV+ve. You dont even have basic infrastructure to support those people. You don't make generic drugs to distribute them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV/AIDS_in_Pakistan

2)

Indeed. Our entire Indian population is HIV infected. Thank god our neigbhours are safe from this epidemic. :o:

Indeed. Our entire Indian population is HIV infected. Thank god our neigbhours are safe from this epidemic. :o:
Look the photo yourself

screenshot_20190417-094924-jpg.553807

or you will deny this photo as well.

Sure you can not compete with S.Africa in number but this is not a competition to win really.

Three countries top the list:
S.Africa,
Nigeria
and India
Not somethings to be proud of,but need to take this problem seriously!

Back
Top Bottom