What's new

History of Russia - Rurik to Revolution

dexter

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

From Prince Rurik to the Russian Revolution, this is a compilation of the first 5 episodes of Epic History TV's History of Russia.

@vostok (I think you have already seen it?)

I still have no idea how and why Russia gave Alaska to Americans

Russia a country who would fight for every inch of land and take every opportunity to grab some more sold off Alaska?

Amazes me

I still have no idea how and why Russia gave Alaska to Americans

Russia a country who would fight for every inch of land and take every opportunity to grab some more sold off Alaska?

Amazes me

Maybe because Russia and Alaska were separated by pacific ocean and it is said that they were facing a financial crisis due to ongoing wars specially Crimean war, it was getting hard for them to hold and maintain that region and due to fear of British Navy while americans were eager to acquire Alaska to get hold in pacific due to fear of British dominance in the region.
Even Russia offered Alaska to Canada but they refused.
Later on Americans discovered huge amount of resources there including oil and gold reserves.

Ruriks are the true godfathers and kings/Tsars of Russia.

Russia would be a mess without them, it would not even exist. Today, Russia is minority slav.

Maybe because Russia and Alaska were separated by pacific ocean and it is said that they were facing a financial crisis due to ongoing wars specially Crimean war, it was getting hard for them to hold and maintain that region and due to fear of British Navy while americans were eager to acquire Alaska to get hold in pacific due to fear of British dominance in the region.
Even Russia offered Alaska to Canada but they refused.
Later on Americans discovered huge amount of resources there including oil and gold reserves.

Because Alaska was no longer profitable plus oil has been discovered around the 1950s I think.

Russia mainly took alaska with a mix of conquests and treaties with the natives.

Plus there was a high chance of Britain taking the colony hence why it felt better for Russia to sell it.

Alaska was just frozen wasteland I can see why Russia wanted to get rid of it plus the Empire has already overstretched is natural limit I mean the empire spanned from Warsaw to Siberia.

Russia would be a mess without them, it would not even exist. Today, Russia is minority slav.

Not just the Rurikids but the mongol invasions/teutonic crusades forced the rus people to unite and gang up. Otherwise they wouldve been splintered like the slavs in europe propper

I think the other factor about Alaska is that if British and Americans took it by force Russian would be left embarrassed

Too far, unable to defend and supply lines would be too long to try and militarily hold onto Alaska, logistically they couldn't really secure Alaska

Russia was already humiliated in Crimea and they thought rather than another humiliation better to sell when we can for money or lose in future without any payment

it would have been a logistical nightmare

having said that I still don't understand how and why they sold it!!!

"Hello. A lot of people are watching this video right now (Feb 2022) because of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. I'd like to add a couple of comments about this video, which I made in 2015. As the opening line indicates, this video is a brief overview of the history of a geographical region now covered by the modern nation-states of Russia and Ukraine. But the focus of the video is the rise of Russia. As you will see, the Russian Empire included much of Ukraine for a large part of its history. And Russia, like Ukraine, has ancient roots in the state known as Kievan/Kyivan Rus. So there is much overlap between Ukrainian and Russian history. This, in no sense, means that Ukraine 'belongs' to Russia, or that Ukrainian and Russian history are the same thing. This video ends in 1917, and the rise of Ukraine as an independent nation-state is something that happens after this date. Of course, there are flaws in the video, as there must be in any superficial summary, but it has been carefully researched from multiple English language sources, and most facts are verifiable by a quick search. My own credentials are an MA in History, and 20 years experience as a TV documentary producer."

(Epic History TV)

The hubris laden Zionist controlled so-called West must understand that, to Russia, Ukraine can never be just a foreign country. Russian history began in what was called Kievan-Rus.

The Russian religion spread from there. Ukraine has been part of Russia for centuries, and their histories were intertwined before then. Some of the most important battles for Russian freedom, starting with the Battle of Poltava in 1709 , were fought on Ukrainian soil. The Black Sea Fleet — Russia’s means of projecting power in the Mediterranean — is based in Sevastopol, in Russian Crimea. Even such famed dissidents as Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn and Joseph Brodsky insisted that Ukraine was an integral part of Russian history and, indeed, of Russia. Ukraine is the heartland of Russia's living soul and nationalism and there will be no compromise.

These are principles steeped in history and non-negotiable for Russian populace. People familiar with the region will know western aggressive meddling and control over a weak puppet government in Kiev will not be palatable Russians and large parts of Ukrainian population linked to Russia. If some solution based on these or comparable elements are not achieved, the drift toward confrontation will accelerate. The time for that will come soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom