What's new

History of Maharashtra

Learn to be factual.

As of now 19 states and 325 MPs of Lok Sabha are with NDA or the "Sanghis".

You may perceive that nation is against the sanghis but the reality is different. The Nation will get its chance once again in 2019 to choose who it is with.

BTW I am still waiting for an answer from another thread - who do you prefer? Pappu or Khichdi

I've already answered the question in detail on the nice discussion on the Rohingya/Bangladeshi thread.

You were missing.

Cheers, Doc

Which is why as a Maratha I hate Hindu nationalism. And consider it a saffron form of Islamism.

@Gadkari @pothead @Soumitra

Cheers, Doc

After reading the history to RSS and the fact that Nathoo Ram Godse assassinated Gandhiji, I came to the same conclusion long time a few years back.

Indian nationalism is different from Hindu nationalism. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, as well as the Ali brothers, were Indian nationalists. Per my understanding, Hinduvta implies that being a Hindu is a precondition to being an Indian patriot and that their aim is to have all Indian citizens follow Hindu religious practices, customs & traditions

To a simple person like me, Hinduvta agenda appears to be very similar to the SIS/Daesh/ Al-Qaida/Taliban and all other Wahhabi inspired movements agenda of imposing the Sharia Law (Wahhabi interpretation of the Sharia law) on all Muslims living under their control.

I could be wrong on both accounts; nevertheless, that is what I have concluded.

Hinduvta agenda appears to be very similar to the SIS/Daesh/ Al-Qaida/Taliban and all other Wahhabi inspired movements agenda of imposing the Sharia Law

What BS.

Contrary to every parameter contradicting everything you just stated, you want to shove your opinion as fact.

After 2014, muslims coming into India from Myanmar and Bangladesh has increased - it's like saying Christians and Hindus are rushing to Syria, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Iraq etc because.......??? Yeah, can't find a reason, can you?

Your idiotic opinion does not match facts on ground.

After reading the history to RSS and the fact that Nathoo Ram Godse assassinated Gandhiji, I came to the same conclusion long time a few years back.

Indian nationalism is different from Hindu nationalism. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, as well as the Ali brothers, were Indian nationalists. Per my understanding, Hinduvta implies that being a Hindu is a precondition to being an Indian patriot and that their aim is to have all Indian citizens follow Hindu religious practices, customs & traditions

To a simple person like me, Hinduvta agenda appears to be very similar to the SIS/Daesh/ Al-Qaida/Taliban and all other Wahhabi inspired movements agenda of imposing the Sharia Law (Wahhabi interpretation of the Sharia law) on all Muslims living under their control.

Sir, respectfully, they are two sides of the same coin.

Same blood.

I often wonder, if like India, Persia had not fully converted, would such a cleavage be there in her fate too.

Cheers, Doc

What BS.

Contrary to every parameter contradicting everything you just stated, you want to shove your opinion as fact.

After 2014, muslims coming into India from Myanmar and Bangladesh has increased - it's like saying Christians and Hindus are rushing to Syria, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Iraq etc because.......??? Yeah, can't find a reason, can you?

Your idiotic opinion does not match facts on ground.

You really are a distasteful punk.

Cheers, Doc

You really are a distasteful punk.

Cheers, Doc

Touche.

Btw, asking for numbers to back up your claims make me a 'distasteful punk'?

You are a doctor, right?
How would you respond to me claiming you shit form your mouth & repeat the same million times?

Touche.

Btw, asking for numbers to back up your claims make me a 'distasteful punk'?

You are a doctor, right?
How would you respond to me claiming you shit form your mouth & repeat the same million times?

I was referring to the manner you addressed the oldest and senior most gentleman on the board. A guy I have never seen using a bad word to anyone. Ever.

I repeat. You are quite a distasteful punk. Shockingly ignorant about your parent land and peoples. Blinkered. Unidimensional.

Cheers, Doc

You are spot on. Right wing loonies have the same thought process worldwide. There is a difference to how often they actually resort to violence and murder, but it is only a matter of degree and access to weapons.

You are spot on. Right wing loonies have the same thought process worldwide. There is a difference to how often they actually resort to violence and murder, but it is only a matter of degree and access to weapons.

Also Jack, as Joe eloquently put it once, you can be very right-wing, a lot more in fact, without sharing the unidimensional Hindu (or Muslim) religiously colored narrative of Sanghis and Islamists.

It's just that the crush of numbers in our countries have swept over those distinct shades of grey.

The shade that sees a chutya as a chutya, be he Muslim or Hindu. Or Parsi.

But is probably more nationalist than all combined ....

Cheers, Doc

Also Jack, as Joe eloquently put it once, you can be very right-wing, a lot more in fact, without sharing the unidimensional Hindu (or Muslim) religiously colored narrative of Sanghis and Islamists.

It's just that the crush of numbers in our countries have swept over those distinct shades of grey.

The shade that sees a chutya as a chutya, be he Muslim or Hindu. Or Parsi.

But is probably more nationalist than all combined ....

Cheers, Doc
I guess being a bigot has to do with lack of confidence and a deep set inferiority complex.

Architectural marvels across India were unique. Each region had its own beauty and art which was so unique which acted like set of different jewels in a royal crown.

When I see the skills and architecture in our history, I feel proud to be an Indian. Whether it is the rock cut arts of Western Ghats, the single-stone gopuram structures of peninsular India, the sandstone architecture of the deserts of Rajasthan and Gujarat, the lush slanted architecture of the eastern dense rainforests and plains or the high altitude monasteries in the mighty Himalayas, it makes me proud to see my country's ancestry so rich and diverse which stands to this day, despite foreign interventions from time to time.

Proud to be an Indian! Jai Hind!

I was referring to the manner you addressed the oldest and senior most gentleman on the board. A guy I have never seen using a bad word to anyone. Ever.

I repeat. You are quite a distasteful punk. Shockingly ignorant about your parent land and peoples. Blinkered. Unidimensional.

Cheers, Doc

Did I abuse him? Can you please quote the "abuse" I bestowed upon this esteemed member?

Did I equate him to a terrorist in the way he has done us Sanghis?
Wonder why u think Sanghis shouldn't outrage at the way we are addressed as terrorists?

Just now you brought my parents in.
I could do the same but my parents taught me better.

Look in the mirror, look at the choice of words you and your esteemed member are using to describe people who want to wear their Hindu identity.
If I am distasteful punk, you my friend are a puss filled pimple on the Arse of humanity.
Lol @ blinkered. Yeah, a clown who says India is becoming like a Hindu Islamic country is bestowing adjectives upon others.

You know why u are angry?
It's because I expose your lies at every turn.
Every time I ask for proof & numbers, all you got is abuse for me in return.
Shows your frustration at being caught at your own lies.

So, STFU & provide numbers to back up your claims.

Hey everyone. I was intending on finishing this thread earlier, but I had to leave the Tallahasse area due to Hurricane Michael, and since than I have been caught up with other obligations, so I decided to take a small break. Sorry for the delay.
Late Ancient-Early Medieval period.

By about 200 BC, most of Maharashtra was ruled by the Buddhist Pravarapura-Nandivardhana dynasty. It was at this time that Maharashtra's iconic rock-cut caves were built. These are known as being some of the most amazing feats of architecture not just in India, but the entire medieval world.
Ajanta caves- the earliest of the great rock-cut caves of Maharahstra. The date of the first phase of construction was likely between 100-200 bc.
800px-Ajanta%2C_cave_9%2C_chaitya-griha%2C_with_stupa_%289842167554%29.jpg

cave 9, one of the oldest Ajanta caves. Has an ancient Chaitya-style worship hall and stupa

One of the earliest caves at Ajanta completed before 150 BC
Some of the earliest paintings at Ajanta Cave 10
Ajanta-Caves-No-10-tempera.jpg

Ajanta-Caves-No-10-pillar.jpg

Shrine of Buddha dating between 100-200 BC

Ajanta cave 12. Built around 200 BC as a Vihara, or refuge.

The later phase of the Ajanta Caves were built between the fifth and sixth centuries AD

Cave 19

cave 20
http://www.remotetraveler.com/ajanta-caves/
Elephanta caves-located on the Elephanta Island off the coast of Mumbai, the Elepahanta caves are a UNESCO World Heritage Site that have impressed foreign travelers for centuries. The island goueese t its name from the Portuguese after an elephant statue was found. The Portuguese used the island as a military base, and Portuguese soldiers caused heavy damage to many of the caves.
Elephanta_Elephant.jpg

Elephant statue that gave the caves its name. Obviously, it has been heavily damaged.
Although most of the caves were built between the 5th and 6th century BC, five Shaivate Caves and a Buddhist Stupa could date as far back as 200 BC.
640px-Elephanta_Caves_Trimurti.jpg

Ancient Shrine of Lord Shiva at Elephanta
Elephanta+Caves%252C+Mumbai%252C+Maharashtra.jpg

Ancient Shaivasa cave

Engraving of Shiva bringing the Ganga to Earth
Wedding of SHiva and Parvati
1920px-Grottes_d%27Elephanta_-_pilliers_de_la_grotte_principale.jpg

Cave 1,also known as main cave. Largest of the Elephanta caves, completed between 500-600 ce.
La_grotte_de_Shiva_%C3%A0_Elephanta_%28Mumbai%2C_Inde%29%2C_Cave_1.jpg

Shiva temple in East Wing

Ellora Caves
The latest of the great rock caves were the Ellora Caves, built in three phases between 500 ce to 1000 CE.

800px-Ellora_cave10_002.jpg

Cave 10, also known as Carpenter's cave, one of the later Buddhist caves.
And finally, cave 16, the Kailasa temple. built between 700-800 CE, this humongous Shiva temple is a truly impressive feat of architecture, to say the least
Kailasha_temple_at_ellora.JPG

Shiv_Kailash_Temple_Ellora.jpg

ellora-cave-kailash-temple.jpg

DSC02442.jpg

The way this temple was built into the face of solid rock still baffles scientists to this day. In fact, this would be impressive even today with modern technology. The Kailash temple was even used as evidence by the TV show Ancient Aliens and other conspiracy theorists as evidence of extraterrestrial intervention in the ancient world.

Keep in mind that these caves were mostly built between 500-700 CE, during the dark ages of Europe. SOme of them were even built as early as 200 BC. Hence, it is safe to say that these structures were absolutely unprecedented at the time, and remain some of the world's greatest architectural feats even today. The presence of these caves support my view that modern-day India was one of the world's most ancient and advanced civilizations that lasted for thousands of years.

TO BE CONTINUED
@Indus Pakistan @Taimur Khurram @Talwar e Pakistan @UnitedPak @niaz @Rusty @Theparadox @DANCING GIRL @third eye @Tshering22 @Nilgiri @Rajesh Kumar @Suriya @HariPrasad @AyanRay @surya kiran @jaiind @Śakra @Tea addict @Peaceful Civilian @pothead @KapitaanAli @Rollno21 @Sam. @Tom M @Cherokee @scorpionx @KAL-EL @Rusty @Pluralist @DANCING GIRL @Mugwop @Iqbal Ali @KAMDEV @SuvarnaTeja
Can you tell me since when prakrit,mother of marathi had been spoken in Maharashtra ?I am pretty sure indo European languages were not spoken there before the arrival of indo aryans

Did I abuse him? Can you please quote the "abuse" I bestowed upon this esteemed member?

Did I equate him to a terrorist in the way he has done us Sanghis?
Wonder why u think Sanghis shouldn't outrage at the way we are addressed as terrorists?

Just now you brought my parents in.
I could do the same but my parents taught me better.

Look in the mirror, look at the choice of words you and your esteemed member are using to describe people who want to wear their Hindu identity.
If I am distasteful punk, you my friend are a puss filled pimple on the Arse of humanity.
Lol @ blinkered. Yeah, a clown who says India is becoming like a Hindu Islamic country is bestowing adjectives upon others.

You know why u are angry?
It's because I expose your lies at every turn.
Every time I ask for proof & numbers, all you got is abuse for me in return.
Shows your frustration at being caught at your own lies.

So, STFU & provide numbers to back up your claims.

In addition to being an ignorant blinkered unidimensional distasteful Sanghi punk, teri angrez bhi tang hai. Hindi to thum subhan Allah ....

PARENT land = India

PARENT people = Indians

I'm not interested in your parents. Only that which they've produced.

Cheers, Doc

Can you tell me since when prakrit,mother of marathi had been spoken in Maharashtra ?I am pretty sure indo European languages were not spoken there before the arrival of indo aryans
Good question. Marathi and Konkani are descended from Maharashtra Prakrit, a prakrit, or dialect spken in Maharashtra and Konkan. It was first spoken around 500 BC until 500 CE. After that, the modern Marathi and Konkani languages were developed. Of course, I am pretty sure some other form of Sanskrit was spoken before that. In northwestern Maharashtra, I am pretty sure people would have spoken the IVc language by around 2500 BC, since IVC culture had spread to that part of the state by then, as I explained in my first post.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maharashtri_Prakrit
Hope I was helpful.

In addition to being an ignorant blinkered unidimensional distasteful Sanghi punk, teri angrez bhi tang hai. Hindi to thum subhan Allah ....

PARENT land = India

PARENT people = Indians

I'm not interested in your parents. Only that which they've produced.

Cheers, Doc

Since you seem to be a bit slow upstairs, let me frame the questions as if I would when I am interacting with a moron.

Q1) point the abuse I bestowed on this "esteemed" member
Q2) Show statistics that show Hindus in India is treating minorities like muslims treat hindus in their respective nations.

This brow beating Hindus by abusing them shows the lowlives for what they are.
I though now am interested in your parents, I would have suggested your dad to never reproduce.

Back
Top Bottom