What's new

"Hindustani language" : Indian propoganda on Wikipedia

Don't hurt their egos. Pakistanis have a major inferiority complex because their country has very little history compared its neighbor that they hate so much. That is why they suck up to the Mughals lo much, ignoring the fact that they were looted and plundered before their ancestors converted to Islam on mass. And they make up for this by insulting the Gangetic Plains, One of the world's most ancient and advanced regions that arguably contributed more to Human civilization than anywhere else. I truly feel sorry for such pathetic people.
Yet you are the ones who are trying to rip off ours, no different than Black Nubians claiming to have built and owned the Pyramids, you truly are a region devoid of any shame, once again I put to you son of Multan "Brahmagupta" did not conjure up the ZERO, you horrible little man, do the research.Kudos Ganga dweller
Ganagdesh Mata Ki Jai

Yet you are the ones who are trying to rip off ours, no different than Black Nubians claiming to have built and owned the Pyramids, you truly are a region devoid of any shame, once again I put to you son of Multan "Brahmagupta" did not conjure up the ZERO, you horrible little man, do the research.Kudos Ganga dweller
Ganagdesh Mata Ki Jai

Oh the irony.

Yet you are the ones who are trying to rip of ours, no different than Black Nubians claiming to have built and owned the Pyramids, you truly are a region devoid of any shame, once again I put to you son of Multan "Brahmagupta" did not conjure up the ZERO, you horrible little man, do the research.Kudos Ganga dweller
Ganagdesh Mata Ki Jai
What am I trying to strip from you? I was simply saying zero was discovered by Brhamagupta. I have never claimed anything that belongs to Paksitan. And even if he was born in Multan, he lived most of his life in Ujjain. And virtually every single historian agrees Brahmagupta is responsible for discovering the modern zero. If not him, can you name me the person who did? Oops, I forgot, ancient Pakistan did not have any mathematicians. Just desert nomads and cave dwellers. I have already posted the many achievements of the Gangetic plains, yet you ignored them and continued spouting your garbage one-liners. I have said it before and will say it again, The Gangetic plains is one of the world's most historically significant regions. Nothing in Paksitan can compare. You lot are some of the most shameless people in the world. Now are you going to provide evidence countering my facts and maybe even read my threads, or are you going to continue your baseless rants?

Oh the irony.
These people are a self-parody

If You Did Not Know I Am One Of Those Invaders I Am A Jogezai Pashtun From Zhob Valley.You Know Pashtuns We Had A Swell Time With Your Mama At Tarain:rofl::rofl::rofl:

So Many Happy Memories
Nice try. Pashtuns never successfully invaded India, except for parts of the northwest(the Kushans) Only central Asian turks did.

Nice try. Pashtuns never successfully invaded India, except for parts of the northwest(the Kushans) Only central Asian turks did.

Selective Amnesia Is A Tragedy With Sanghis They Easily Forget Allauddin Khilji,Shahabuddin Ghauri,Mehmood Ghaznavi and Oh Yeah Ahmed Shah Abdali

What am I trying to strip from you? I was simply saying zero was discovered by Brhamagupta. I have never claimed anything that belongs to Paksitan. And even if he was born in Multan, he lived most of his life in Ujjain. And virtually every single historian agrees Brahmagupta is responsible for discovering the modern zero. If not him, can you name me the person who did? Oops, I forgot, ancient Pakistan did not have any mathematicians. Just desert nomads and cave dwellers. I have already posted the many achievements of the Gangetic plains, yet you ignored them and continued spouting your garbage one-liners. I have said it before and will say it again, The Gangetic plains is one of the world's most historically significant regions. Nothing in Paksitan can compare. You lot are some of the most shameless people in the world. Now are you going to provide evidence countering my facts and maybe even read my threads, or are you going to continue your baseless rants?

These people are a self-parody

Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:, you really, really need to look up the origin of ZERO and were it was discovered and even if Brahmagupta did discover it (Physically impossible as it was discovered centuries before his birth ) he was a son of the Indus:agree: and not a descendant of forest aboriginal such as yourself, BTW now you are claiming Pashtuns did not successfully invade Gangadesh :disagree:, what world are you living in, you clearly have no knowledge ie claiming Pashtuns (Suleimankhel folks) and Kushans (folks from Gansu modern day China) as one,,I give up Ganga-dweller for you are beyond reasoning with.Kudos Gangadweller

Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:, you really, really need to look up the origin of ZERO and were it was discovered and even if Brahmagupta did discover it (Physically impossible as it was discovered centuries before his birth ) he was a son of the Indus:agree: and not a descendant of forest aboriginal such as yourself, BTW now you are claiming Pashtuns did not successfully invade Gangadesh :disagree:, what world are you living in, you clearly have no knowledge ie claiming Pashtuns (Suleimankhel folks) and Kushans (folks from Gansu modern day China) as one,,I give up Ganga-dweller for you are beyond reasoning with.Kudos Gangadweller
OK so tell me who discovered zero? and I mean as a number not as punctuation. And you still have yet to refute any of my facts. And which Pashtun Empire successfully invaded large parts of India? Maybe I was mistaken in confusing Kushans and Pashtuns. Still, you have yet to prove how people of the Indus are superior to people of the Gangetic plains, when it appears you have few achievements compared to us. In my original post I was simply trying to correct those bigoted views of yours, and the fact that you reacted the way you did shows your inferiority complex. Funny how you call me a brick was when you have not addressed any of my points. I will wait. I am very patient and am always willing to have a civilized debate. Kudos.

BTW, I did not know Ujjain was in the Indus.

zero was discovered in the Gangetic plains and nothing Pakistanis say changes that, unless Ujjain is transported to the Indus.

OK so tell me who discovered zero? and I mean as a number not as punctuation. And you still have yet to refute any of my facts. And which Pashtun Empire successfully invaded large parts of India? Maybe I was mistaken in confusing Kushans and Pashtuns. Still, you have yet to prove how people of the Indus are superior to people of the Gangetic plains, when it appears you have few achievements compared to us. In my original post I was simply trying to correct those bigoted views of yours, and the fact that you reacted the way you did shows your inferiority complex. Funny how you call me a brick was when you have not addressed any of my points. I will wait. I am very patient and am always willing to have a civilized debate. Kudos.

BTW, I did not know Ujjain was in the Indus.

zero was discovered in the Gangetic plains and nothing Pakistanis say changes that, unless Ujjain is transported to the Indus.
Cobra,,,,Cobra,,,,Cobra, aboriginals from the Ganga-forests not only came up with the ZERO, but also calculus, relativity, nuclear fission (Mahabahrata is my source), Sanskrit, Vedas and everything in and between where as the rest of the world were primitives, are you happy now:agree:, and new research suggest a mighty quake (courtesy of Sudarshan Chakra) moved Multan from Ganga to Indus :lol::lol:, I guess then Brahmagupta after all really was a Ganga-dweller:lol:

Sumerians were the first ones to use zero
But they didn't use zero as a number. Brahmagupta was important because he was the first to use zero as a number, and he came up with the rule that if you subtract a number from itself you get zero. But to some extent, the concept of zero has been around since the beginning of human history. Early humans were smart enough to figure out that if you have one cow and it dies, you don't have any cows left. What was significant is that nothing, or zero, is actually a number.

Cobra,,,,Cobra,,,,Cobra, aboriginals from the Ganga-forests not only came up with the ZERO, but also calculus, relativity, nuclear fission (Mahabahrata is my source), Sanskrit, Vedas and everything in and between where as the rest of the world were primitives, are you happy now:agree:, and new research suggest a mighty quake (courtesy of Sudarshan Chakra) moved Multan from Ganga to Indus :lol::lol:, I guess then Brahmagupta after all really was a Ganga-dweller:lol:
Historians are still not sure about the location of his birth. Some sources say Multan, others say Rajasthan, and some even say he was born in Ujjain. However it is confimed that he worked in Ujjain and lived most of his life there, so he probably wrote the rules governing the properties of zero in Ujjain.

The rest of your source is not too far from the truth, as Indian mathematicians did discover many principles of calculus. But that is the subject of another thread.

BTW, who is saying the rest of the world was primitive? There is no need to be so hard on yourself. Just because you are not as good as the people of the Ganga does not mean you are primitive.

The South Indian mathematician Madhava did discover concepts important to calculus, in case anyone's interested.
http://storyofmathematics.com/indian_madhava.html

But they didn't use zero as a number. Brahmagupta was important because he was the first to use zero as a number, and he came up with the rule that if you subtract a number from itself you get zero. But to some extent, the concept of zero has been around since the beginning of human history. Early humans were smart enough to figure out that if you have one cow and it dies, you don't have any cows left. What was significant is that nothing, or zero, is actually a number.
So they just kept zero as a decoration and never used it?
babylonian_numerals.gif

sumerian_clay_cones.jpg

for a long time the zero was used as punctuation
Origins Of Zero Traced Back To The Bakhshali Pakistan Manuscript Dating From 3rd Century AD
origins-zero-bakhshali-manuscript-indian_2.jpg

POSTED BY: ALOK BANNERJEE SEPTEMBER 15, 2017

The invention of zero is often attributed to the Indians. Now the question naturally arises – how can zero be invented if we know it signifies nothingness? Well, zero was more of a conceptual embodiment that alluded to ‘nothingness’, even when used in mathematics. But the Indians were the first to treat zero as a digit (i.e., a number) and thus demonstrated its use in numerical calculations. This pretty much changed the course of the history of mathematics and so is rightly considered as one of the significant breakthroughs in the field. And this incredible scope can be traced back to the Bakhshali manuscript, a Sanskrit-written document inscribed on 70 pieces of birch bark, dating from 3rd-4th century AD.
Boasting hundreds of zero origin symbols, the Bakhshali manuscript (currently kept in Britain since 1902) was discovered in 1881, buried in a field in a village called Bakhshali, near Peshawar, present-day Pakistan. And after translations followed, it was determined that the manuscript was composed as a sort-of training manual for merchants operating along the Silk Route. Suffice it to say, the ancient document comprises specimens of practical arithmetics (that helped the merchants in their dealings), and these were complemented by proto-algebraic examples.
origins-zero-bakhshali-manuscript-indian_1.jpg

Notice the ‘zero’ dot in the last line of the text.

Now as for the zero origin symbols in the Bakhshali manuscript, it should be noted that these zeroes are denoted by placeholders in a number system, as opposed to their use as a true number. Other ancient cultures like the Babylonians and Mayans also used their own form of placeholders for the ambit of ‘nothingness’. However, in the case of this Sanskrit-written document, the placeholder used for the zero pertains to a dot, and it was this dot symbol that ultimately evolved into the hollow zero symbol we are familiar with today.

Additionally, the Bakhshali manuscript probably puts forth the earliest known notion of zero being used as a number, which was soundly demonstrated by Indian astronomer and mathematician Brahmagupta, in a text called Brahmasphutasiddhanta, dating from circa 628 AD. And interestingly enough, the very word ‘zero’ also has its etymological roots in Sanskrit. How so? Well, zero comes from Venetian zevero, a form of Italian zefiro. This, in turn, is derived via pre-Islamic Arabic ṣafira or ṣifr (cipher) – which ultimately comes from ‘sunya‘ in Sanskrit (meaning ’emptiness’).

Quite intriguingly, it was this Indian cultural propensity to ponder about and envisage the ’emptiness’ or void that possibly fueled the concepts of zero. As Marcus du Sautoy, professor of mathematics at the University of Oxford, said –

This becomes the birth of the concept of zero in its own right and this is a total revolution that happens out of India. This is coming out of a culture that is quite happy to conceive of the void, to conceive of the infinite. That is exciting to recognize that culture is important in making big mathematical breakthroughs. The Europeans, even when it was introduced to them, were like ‘Why would we need a number for nothing? It’s a very abstract leap.

And lastly, like many a renowned historical document, the Bakhshali manuscript has its own legacy of mysteries. To that end, in this latest study, researchers at Oxford acquired three samples from the document and had them analyzed at the Oxford Radiocarbon Accelerator Unit. And interestingly enough, the three samples were found to be dated from different time periods, with the first one dating from circa 224-383 AD, the second one dating from circa 680-779 AD and the last one dating from circa 885-993 AD. So, in other words, it can be hypothesized that the pages were compiled (and packaged) over a period of many epochs – which, in turn, suggests that the Bakhshali manuscript was the work of various Indian scribes and mathematicians from altogether different generations.

origins-zero-bakhshali-manuscript-indian_3.jpg

The Bakhshali manuscript will be displayed on 4 October, as part of the fascinating exhibition, Illuminating India: 5000 Years of Science and Innovation, at the Science Museum in London.

Source: The Guardian / Images Courtesy of Bodleian Libraries/ University of Oxford

Back
Top Bottom